GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roommates are not always on a lease. The police should do a welfare check and the fact that they haven't tells me we are missing a HUGE chunk of this story imo. I've never seen police act the way they are being accused of in here...makes no sense. Something isn't right.

Can you try to get fact that police have still not searched the apartment into the media? It might also help to get her apartment complex name into the news. That would put some pressure on both police and leasing office to get moving. Bad publicity for both.

Roommates are not always on a lease. The police should do a welfare check and the fact that they haven't tells me we are missing a HUGE chunk of this story imo. I've never seen police act the way they are being accused of in here...makes no sense. Something isn't right.

The lack of welfare check is rather concerning! (Assuming it hasn't been done-the possibility exists that it was, just not announced...) Is it possible they are assuming they know the neighborhood she's been living in & not the specific apartment?! It's been said she would never tell family where she was living. Just thinking out loud!

The lack of welfare check is rather concerning! (Assuming it hasn't been done-the possibility exists that it was, just not announced...) Is it possible they are assuming they know the neighborhood she's been living in & not the specific apartment?! It's been said she would never tell family where she was living. Just thinking out loud!

As of yesterday her brother posted in here it was not done to his knowledge. Seems to me he would know that. But again, it feels like all the urgency on this case is right here in this thread and no where else. Very odd.

At this point she hasn't been seen for so long that anything in there is probably gone anyhow, including her. So much time has passed. The first 48 hours are so important.

Does Jenna have a passport? My grown daughter leaves important papers at my house, although she has her own house. If it's missing, that could be a clue.

Thank you for participating here, wvangelderen. Everyone here is sincerely interested in helping to find Jenna, and I hope maybe something we have said here helps. Please know that "advice" given here is given in the spirit of love.

Family relationships involving high functioning grown children with disorders can seem strange to outsiders. I know from experience. We do our best to have something that looks like a normal family relationship, but she's really hard to deal with! It's like walking on eggshells all the time, no matter how much you love them.

Can you try to get fact that police have still not searched the apartment into the media? It might also help to get her apartment complex name into the news. That would put some pressure on both police and leasing office to get moving. Bad publicity for both.

Media does like to do follow up stories and always needs new information or a new slant to do such.

I did look up the crimes for this month at that apartment complex that was listed on the missing flyer at the Find Jenna Facebook page (2255 Lenox Road NE) and did a 1/2 mile radius from the Atlanta Police database. Looks like that apartment complex had one robbery/residence on the 19th, ( :thinking: wonder what was stolen and from which apartment) and larceny from vehicle on the 13th during the month to date, but no other types of crimes.

Crimes.JPG

data above is screen cap from http://opendata.atlantapd.org/Crimedata/Default.aspx

ETA: Need to look up... what is the difference between robbery and burglary.

By definition, in current American law: Burglary involves the entrance in to a structure when an individual is not permitted to be with the intent to commit a crime. Robbery is characterized by the utilization of fear or force in order to take personal property belonging to another. per google definition

Does Jenna have a passport? My grown daughter leaves important papers at my house, although she has her own house. If it's missing, that could be a clue.

Thank you for participating here, wvangelderen. Everyone here is sincerely interested in helping to find Jenna, and I hope maybe something we have said here helps. Please know that "advice" given here is given in the spirit of love.

Family relationships involving high functioning grown children with disorders can seem strange to outsiders. I know from experience. We do our best to have something that looks like a normal family relationship, but she's really hard to deal with! It's like walking on eggshells all the time, no matter how much you love them.
She does have a passport but my parents have it kept at the bank since she rarely uses it .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Media does like to do follow up stories and always needs new information or a new slant to do such.

I did look up the crimes for this month at that apartment complex that was listed on the missing flyer at the Find Jenna Facebook page (2255 Lenox Road NE) and did a 1/2 mile radius from the Atlanta Police database. Looks like that apartment complex had 2 residential burglaries (on the 7th and 17th) during the month to date, but no other types of crimes.

EEEKS! This is 2009... lemme edit! Stand by

data above is screen cap from http://opendata.atlantapd.org/Crimedata/Default.aspx
Would they still report it even if we don't know she was staying there ? According to everyone she had returned to my parents place that night

Would they still report it even if we don't know she was staying there ? According to everyone she had returned to my parents place that night

I was merely looking at crime rate of where she lived. Nothing to do with the theft or her missing.

ETA: I had wrong year! I redid and found a residential robbery on the 19th of August. See above post as I redid correctly.

ETA: Corrected robbery from burglary

I just realized that her parents home is not in the same LE jurisdiction as the apartment.

Darn, always an issue with cross-jurisdictional investigations. (R.I.P. Foxfire who always spoke on such) That would add perhaps as to delay and/or difficulty of LE getting into that apartment at Lenox Woods Apartments? :dunno:

The apartment search ... If her name is on lease and this was her last known residence, no police department would be that incompetent not to check there by now.

Maybe her family didn't know 100 percent that she was living there. It sounds like she became very secretive. Maybe she did "stay" there but nothing ties her to it.

If this guy is shooing away her parents and is the one on the lease, couldn't he do the same to police and act like he doesn't even know her? Where is the proof? What leverage do they have to search? Does anyone know how police would handle that?

Wvangelderen, did anyone confirm with an in-person visit prior to disappearance that she actually lived at this apartment? Was Jenna the one who gave this address to family/friends?

It's very close to her previous job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the lack of urgency is due to police feeling like she may be a prostitute. As unfortunate as it is, they don't work as hard for people with certain lifestyles. They feel as if they are known to disappear or come and go.

So the possibility of her leaving the country is less logic knowing this....but still not impossible (you could buy a fake ID, or instructed to use....) So hard for you...not knowing. Please not be offended...

The apartment search ... If her name is on lease and this was her last known residence, no police department would be that incompetent not to check there by now.

Maybe her family didn't know 100 percent that she was living there. It sounds like she became very secretive. Maybe she did "stay" there but nothing ties her to it.

If this guy is shooing away her parents and is the one on the lease, couldn't he do the same to police and act like he doesn't even know her? Where is the proof? What leverage do they have to search? Does anyone know how police would handle that?

Wvangelderen, did anyone confirm with an in-person visit prior to disappearance that she actually lived at this apartment? Was Jenna the one who gave this address to family/friends?

It's very close to her previous job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She would never tell us this address, we only found out through the P.I and the police. According to them she is on the lease. Prior we didn't know this and though she was just saying on a friend's couch according to what she had told us.

I feel like with all the strange delays and lack of transparency with local LE that LE knows which human trafficking ring Jenna has been brought into. However, they may not be able to do much because they could jeopardize a larger investigation by the FBI which could lead to the rescue of more victims involved in this ring/more arrests of perpetrators involved (as previously mentioned, Atlanta has a lot of involvement in human trafficking). This would explain why local LE haven't been very specific with the general public about what they have and haven't done in the investigation and are dragging their feet on getting into the apartment. If I am wrong then I believe it's rather inexcusable that they still haven't gotten into the apt!

My thoughts and prayers are with the family <3

She would never tell us this address, we only found out through the P.I and the police. According to them she is on the lease. Prior we didn't know this and though she was just saying on a friend's couch according to what she had told us.

Okie dokey then. New slant for media/tv coverage. Perhaps contact the WSB person you were working with and go with them with camera running behind you and go and knock on the door of the apartment (perhaps not a good idea?), or go to the leasing office with them filming.. (perhaps not a good idea?) :pullhair:

I had a car stolen from a dealership in DEKALB county once and police/car dealership did nothing, so I called WSB and we all met up and then caravanned to the dealership... producer, video guy and me. When we walked in, they asked me to please ask the cameraman to quit filming. I said "It's your property, look into the camera and YOU tell them to leave your property." hehehehe. They didn't want to do that, so I met with the owner of the dealership and got all that I wanted that day. I definitely got action and movement after that! And yes, it was on the 6 o'clock news. Just sayin' as I'm :pullhair: with movement and cannot fathom what you and your family is going through.

:heartbeat: to you and your family and all that know her.

Imho...it appears LE seems to be acting as though Jenna staged this. I thought perhaps she may owe someone money.
Either way I hope she is found safe soon.
moo

What address is on her drivers license ? Where does her cell phone bill go? Credit card bills?
Have the police pinned her phones?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members