GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point as to privacy settings and FB sending out those notices. Nothing nefarious as to that.

That said, a PI or others could actually try to send the missing persons flyer to all of the friends, if it gets to the point the family wants to do such.

Perhaps if those that are really close to her may the missing poster as their facebook "photo" iykwim.

I've seen that on cases where folks close will actually put the missing poster for ALL their friends to see as their... whatever you call that... ?background? or such that shows for you posting..

The missing pieces flyer would be a good one.

Lots of people will use them as their cover photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so weird because my parents were the ones that noticed the suit case gone 2 days later.from when I gave the statement. I've been a little aggrivated today that our statements are not right and thus transferring to the media

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you're dealing with that, it happens too frequently and causes a lot of confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is this. Since she lived her life extremely independently and ,quite honestly, secretly, can you be sure she hasn't taken off prior to this for any stretch of time? How did you identify the apt you are trying to search if she refused to tell you where she lived?
I'm very confused about the family relationship and her behavior previously. Her financial theft from the pet store has been labeled uncharacteristic of her, but from the descriptions we are seeing it appears to go hand in hand with the lifestyle she has chosen. You mentioned back in may you thought she was engaged in prostitution, what made you think that? Is the guy in the apt known to be a sort of pimp?
Who pays for her car, insurance etc?
I'm just trying to figure out who she is so I can separate out truly unusual behavior vs known.

Would she have taken the fabric as a punishment to your parents? Is it a statement of sorts vs a financial gain?

If both phones are missing with her, how did you even know about the second phone or its number or access the information on it?

The communication with her friend about laying down...was it an ongoing conversation? A response?out of the blue?

Is there a Facebook "Help Find Jenna" group? Maybe more people would share info there that would otherwise be unknown.

Prayers for Jenna & family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Her financial theft from the pet store has been labeled uncharacteristic of her, but from the descriptions we are seeing it appears to go hand in hand with the lifestyle she has chosen. You mentioned back in may you thought she was engaged in prostitution, what made you think that?

Totally agree with monkeypants... She seems to keep a lot of secrets from the rest of her family. As past posters have said, her behavior is fairly indicative of someone living a "double life". I believe that the key to getting closer to finding out where she is will be digging deeper into this 'other' life.

I'm not sure if this has been covered already, but is there a specific reason that she has two cell phones? I've been able to track down one of the numbers, but it doesn't seem like the other is registered to her, or could very well be a burner.

That's so weird because my parents were the ones that noticed the suit case gone 2 days later.from when I gave the statement. I've been a little aggrivated today that our statements are not right and thus transferring to the media

Thanks for clearing that up. Sending her information out to friends in GA and praying for all involved.

Are you organizing groups to print out fliers and put them up all over town and near her apt etc?
Have you reached out to all of her friends to organize searches etc?
What happened with accessing the apt?
Have you had her phone pinged?
Have you checked her bank accounts, credit cards etc?
Have you checked all the hospitals?

The lack of urgency in this case is alarming.

Are you organizing groups to print out fliers and put them up all over town and near her apt etc?
Have you reached out to all of her friends to organize searches etc?
What happened with accessing the apt?
Have you had her phone pinged?
Have you checked her bank accounts, credit cards etc?
Have you checked all the hospitals?

The lack of urgency in this case is alarming.

My thought was to print the missing person flyers with her photo & post all throughout the apartment neighborhood she's been living at. Tape them to lamp posts, near mailboxes, in breezeways. Heck, if it were me, I'd leave one on every single persons door!

I would even go into the leasing office & ask questions to the staff! They may very well know something. At their discretion, they quite possibly may be able to do a 'random unannounced inspection' of the apartment. Lessees consent to these random inspections as part of their lease agreement & failure to comply can result in eviction. I would take any route at this point!

We have done most of that or that the police / p.i are on it .
Apartment has not been searched as far as I know unless done today

I would even go into the leasing office & ask questions to the staff! They may very well know something. At their discretion, they quite possibly may be able to do a 'random unannounced inspection' of the apartment. Lessees consent to these random inspections as part of their lease agreement & failure to comply can result in eviction. I would take any route at this point!

This is a really good point... Doesn't a missing person qualify as an exigent circumstance? If so, I'm pretty sure LE wouldn't need to ask anyone to enter/search the apartment...

As monkeypants said, there's a real sense of a "lack of urgency" here...

G-d of the frightened,
G-d of the missing and the lost,
Return Jenna Van Gelderen
To the cradle of her family’s arms
And the refuge of their home
Speedily, in life and in health.
Watch over her. Protect her.
Shelter her from harm.
Deliver her from evil acts and evil intent.
Bless the professionals and volunteers dedicated to her return.
Grant them skill, insight, fortitude and luck.

G-d of Old,
These weeks
Of dismay and dread are almost too much to bear.
Grant her family endurance, hope and faith
That they will soon be reunited with Jenna
In the fullness of joy.

Holy One,
Protector and Redeemer,
Hear this my prayer.

http://tobendlight.com/2013/10/for-the-missing-specific-person-non-relative/

We have done most of that or that the police / p.i are on it .
Apartment has not been searched as far as I know unless done today

I admire you, wvangelderen, if it was me, I would be knocking on that door, I would be breaking in, to her apartment. I would become such a nuisance that the police would have to keep me in jail, in order to stay away from her place.
I know it's easy for me to say it, since it hasn't happened. At least that's what I think I would do.
I do hope Jenna is found safe. Many thoughts and prayers coming for your family. Please let Jenna be safe.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

G-d of the frightened,
G-d of the missing and the lost,
Return Jenna Van Gelderen
To the cradle of her family’s arms
And the refuge of their home
Speedily, in life and in health.
Watch over her. Protect her.
Shelter her from harm.
Deliver her from evil acts and evil intent.
Bless the professionals and volunteers dedicated to her return.
Grant them skill, insight, fortitude and luck.

G-d of Old,
These weeks
Of dismay and dread are almost too much to bear.
Grant her family endurance, hope and faith
That they will soon be reunited with Jenna
In the fullness of joy.

Holy One,
Protector and Redeemer,
Hear this my prayer.

http://tobendlight.com/2013/10/for-the-missing-specific-person-non-relative/
Amen[emoji120]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Im in GA and I am almost caught up on reading all. I should be sleeping but I drank a whole monster too late in the day. Anywho my thoughts... Perhaps Jenna's name isn't on the apartment lease and that is why it hasn't been searched or the time it is taking to legally search.
I fear...imho this male roommate could be her pimp. Perhaos when she stopped prostituting and was working a retail job he was demanding money and that is why she stole?
I hope and pray she is found safe soon. ...And that apartment is searched asap!

My thought was to print the missing person flyers with her photo & post all throughout the apartment neighborhood she's been living at. Tape them to lamp posts, near mailboxes, in breezeways. Heck, if it were me, I'd leave one on every single persons door!

...maybe someone could tell the leasing office that the renters may have a puppy or two. Yes a lie but would get someone in as a life may be at stake.

Were nearest airports checked? Could she gone out / been taken out of the country? Israel comes to mind (Jenna's background and also a notorious trafficking country)

...maybe someone could tell the leasing office that the renters may have a puppy or two. Yes a lie but would get someone in as a life may be at stake.

I would call & say ANY thing at this point. Leasing office staff/management do not need a warrant to do an inspection of an apartment. They technically don't need ANY 'reason' if under the guise of a random unit inspection of alliances or even to replace air filters, etc!

I would call & say ANY thing at this point. Leasing office staff/management do not need a warrant to do an inspection of an apartment. They technically don't need ANY 'reason' if under the guise of a random unit inspection of alliances or even to replace air filters, etc!
My thinking if she wasn't on the lease how cooperative would staff be? Some would. I know most would want to collect the pet deposits/fee's.

ETA As the parent I would enter illegally if I thought my child might be there harmed. I know it isn't a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52