GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or coincidental that parents out of the country at the time? Like who else knew this? Was it was mentioned in passing to someone?

I'm very concerned that the found/not found info stopped many people from continuing to look. However, that in itself sets it apart as a more important/unusual news story and it gives reporters another angle to present it. It should def be on local news ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or coincidental that parents out of the country at the time? Like who else knew this? Was it was mentioned in passing to someone?

I'm very concerned that the found/not found info stopped many people from continuing to look. However, that in itself sets it apart as a more important/unusual news story and it gives reporters another angle to present it. It should def be on local news ASAP.

I just am :praying: that LE finally has a search warrant for her phone, so that they can determine what tower it pinged off of last and what time as she supposedly had her phone with her and was not at the home. They can track the records quickly if they think she is in danger. But that's the rub, as it doesn't appear that they had done that as of yesterday. Not only can they track with a warrant the activity, they can determine location or where it was when it was turned on/off ...even if she/someone else didn't make calls... from other cases I have followed.

Please correct me if I am wrong

I just am :praying: that LE finally has a search warrant for her phone, so that they can determine what tower it pinged off of last and what time as she supposedly had her phone with her and was not at the home. They can track the records quickly if they think she is in danger. But that's the rub, as it doesn't appear that they had done that as of yesterday. Not only can they track with a warrant the activity, they can determine location or where it was when it was turned on/off ...even if she/someone else didn't make calls... from other cases I have followed.

I think this is for the most part true. The only part I don't think is true is that it can't directly be determined if it was shut off via the hardware. This can however be determined through when it was last pinged (like the last ping may determine the last time the phone was on). I could be wrong myself.

@wvangelderen, thank you for joining here! I'm so sorry for the worry you must be going through.

Can you tell us more about the painting? Who would have an interest taking it? I think it's an important clue. Was this a robbery I wonder? She might have opened the door to someone she knew and trusted and they took advantage.

If no other person is involved, is there a reason Jenna might take off with the painting? Could she have had a car accident? Any ideas where she could have driven?

Praying she is found soon!

@wvangelderen, thank you for joining here! I'm so sorry for the worry you must be going through.

Can you tell us more about the painting? Who would have an interest taking it? I think it's an important clue. Was this a robbery I wonder? She might have opened the door to someone she knew and trusted and they took advantage.

If no other person is involved, is there a reason Jenna might take off with the painting? Could she have had a car accident? Any ideas where she could have driven?

Praying she is found soon!

Yes, wondering the exact same things. Was anything else taken? Random thieves don't seem like the art appreciation types. Don't they usually take things that are easy to convert to cash like jewelry, electronics and/or pharmaceuticals? Unless it's obviously valuable (or mentioned to be), why bother? Where would the person sell it? If there are special details about this item, it would be good to know in case it shows up for sale.

If between 2 a.m. - 10 a.m. you'd think doors would be locked. The area is nice but I'd still lock my doors there (or anywhere in this city) before going to sleep. If no forced entry, could she have known the person? At 25 on a Friday night, it wouldn't be crazy to think a friend/acquaintance wanted to stop by at the last minute.

So many unanswered questions. I wish things could be clarified so that others might be able to be of more help. Hoping that she is safe wherever she is!

Praying for Jenna ❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Where is Jenna's own apartment? Has it been searched?

I wonder whether she met someone online and let them in.

I did check with Tmobile , but they purge all location info after 24 hours. She did have a second phone we discovered and not sure what she used it for, but police will be checking both accounts for last call / text activity

I did check with Tmobile , but they purge all location info after 24 hours. She did have a second phone we discovered and not sure what she used it for, but police will be checking both accounts for last call / text activity

https://articles.forensicfocus.com/2017/04/18/cellular-provider-record-retention-periods/

T-Mobile
Subscriber Information: 3-5 years. Canceled accounts are purged after account closes.
Call History: 23 months
Tower Locations as they related to Call History: 23 months
SMS Content: Not Available
Tower Dumps: 3 months
Range to Tower (RTT) Data: 23 months. This seems rather long to me, but the technician repeated it on the phone.

This article seems to state otherwise? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it, myself. Worth a shot to look into a second time just in case!

Yes, wondering the exact same things. Was anything else taken? Random thieves don't seem like the art appreciation types. Don't they usually take things that are easy to convert to cash like jewelry, electronics and/or pharmaceuticals? Unless it's obviously valuable (or mentioned to be), why bother? Where would the person sell it? If there are special details about this item, it would be good to know in case it shows up for sale.

If between 2 a.m. - 10 a.m. you'd think doors would be locked. The area is nice but I'd still lock my doors there (or anywhere in this city) before going to sleep. If no forced entry, could she have known the person? At 25 on a Friday night, it wouldn't be crazy to think a friend/acquaintance wanted to stop by at the last minute.

Our thoughts as well. It was an Egyptian tapestry / buffet cover from around WWII . Never had been appraised so don't know the worth, but its a very odd thing to take. It was in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glass and frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to put back up. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd

Her toiletries and what not were all still in the bathroom as well,

Our thoughts as well. It was an Egyptian tapestry / buffet cover from around WWII . Never had been appraised so don't know the worth, but its a very odd thing to take. It was in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glass and frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to put back up. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd

Her toiletries and what not were all still in the bathroom as well,

Takes two people to put back up - so there was at least one person with her. How large is this tapestry? Could it have been used to wrap something in it?

Glass has been cleaned, you say. Did it get dusted for fingerprints by LE? Frame as well?

I'm still thinking robbery. Maybe they thought it is worth a lot. Are you all sure nothing else is missing?

How very worrying!

Takes two people to put back up - so there was at least one person with her. How large is this tapestry? Could it have been used to wrap something in it?

Glass has been cleaned, you say. Did it get dusted for fingerprints by LE? Frame as well?

I'm still thinking robbery. Maybe they thought it is worth a lot. Are you all sure nothing else is missing?

How very worrying!

Hasn't yet, but hoping they do finger print it. I would say its about 4 feet long and when I say takes two people to put back up, its a long frame and pretty heavy as well

Nothing else taken at the house that we can find, nothing else valuable taken that we can find

Hasn't yet, but hoping they do finger print it. I would say its about 4 feet long and when I say takes two people to put back up, its a long frame and pretty heavy as well

Nothing else taken at the house that we can find, nothing else valuable taken that we can find

I can't believe LE hasn't dusted the frame, as well as the door handle, & anything else in the vicinity of the frame for prints!! This is baffling to me. What are they waiting for??

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this wvangelderen. Hugs!

Why would someone go through the trouble to put a heavy frame back in its usual spot, empty? Why would they care where it goes?
It feels like someone who knows her or the family as the putting back/locking up seems like guilt or concern where there might not be if it's a total stranger, just my thoughts.

I think this is for the most part true. The only part I don't think is true is that it can't directly be determined if it was shut off via the hardware. This can however be determined through when it was last pinged (like the last ping may determine the last time the phone was on). I could be wrong myself.

:thinking: I saw that on another recent case :dunno:

Additionally, even before the warrant is issued, the police/FBI can contact the carrier for a potential HOLD on all texts as some carriers just keep them a few days. After the hold request, they can later issue the warrant but it will have been held at least and not purged. Would be good if the family is asking these questions as to their progress.

They may not answer, but it shows that you are in the know that it can be done.

Why would someone go through the trouble to put a heavy frame back in its usual spot, empty? Why would they care where it goes?
It feels like someone who knows her or the family as the putting back/locking up seems like guilt or concern where there might not be if it's a total stranger, just my thoughts.

I was thinking the same thing!! Certainly one wouldn't think by hanging the frame back up, no one would notice the tapestry missing...

:thinking:

Does that house back up to a part of Emory University? Perhaps a ball field or fraternity row or ? I'm not sure if the address has been posted so that we are allowed to share the google maps of the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500