GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked to find the original quote from Subie alluding to the surveillance video of the studio having nothing on it (according to whom?) or possibly being recorded over (yikes!). I wonder if it has been modsnipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IIRC, police reviewed the surveillance footage and said it provided no leads. A lot of security cameras only retain footage for a short period of time on the basis that it's usually only a matter of a few hours between when something happens and when you discover it. For example, if you are a business owner your biggest concerns will be break ins and vandalism. If your store is broken into at night, you're going to find out the next morning and review footage immediately. Many businesses now have high quality hd security cameras and the files are large so you wouldn't want to store much footage for long periods of time. I don't think anyone was indicating that there was a concern that the footage had been intentionally wiped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, that is interesting...we haven't been able to confirm where this is coming from. Maybe LE knows a little bit more and not telling us...maybe it an estimate....confusing about the time her bf (we call her S.C. girl = person 5 talked to her on the phone...at first the info was around 12 am, later 11.45 pm. Still wondering what was discussed....not in public....

•She had also been in contact withher friend in S.C = person 5 T2 # 324 VI around 11:45 pm
&#8226;Another friend = person 5, said shehad a conversation with Van Gelderen. From media on Saturday <after Friday12pm> So at present it seems the SC friend was the last to speak to J at 11.45p.m. /12.00 approx. The LE has spoken to the S.C. friend, as well as the p.iand my parents. She did not know where Jenna was. Per VI - Thread #1, post #839Did she tell what wasdiscussed? Incoming/outgoing, we don'tknow that.

And then later she/somebody texted this bf with Jenna phone, saying "I'm laying down"

I was tempted to attribute it to the text, but last seen is an important distinction from last known contact, typically. To me it would indicate that there is someone who laid eyes on her on 8/19.

Bit of Hope, I have been referring to your timeline again and again and again. Thank you!!

Been trying to sift thru, thank you bit of hope for all of your hard work. I am very interested in how the direction of the case changed/did not change after the discovery of the vehicle. I.e, on 9/4 subie_climber states that 'police never fingerprinted it.' I am inferring by context that poster is referring to Ms. VG's vehicle? Sometimes when a missing persons vehicle is discovered at a later date, other vehicles which may or may not have been involved in a disappearance are more thoroughly investigated. Were they? Another example- k9s were dispatched to the scene of Jenna's vehicle. Were they then dispatched back to the VG's residence and vehicle? Sorry if I have missed this info- I am still catching up. TIA.

In the beginning LE per subie, didn't checked the tapestry/frame and mothers car for fingerprints...

9/19
  • Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down

About the search around her car. don't know...you should ask Subie

you can only use cash :(

The laws vary by state about using cards to purchase lotto tickets. You can't use a credit card in GA to purchase lotto -- I couldn't find anything about using a debit card, though. Any locals know?

Another couple questions on the vehicle- when discovered, it was initially processed by DeKalb, correct? It was not first disturbed by family or others with a spare key, is that correct? Also, did Jenna have AAA or other roadside assistance coverage?

As I recall right per media/facebook help find Jenna....father get a call from ? that her car was found and went there with LE. Car was found the 5th. LE asked the family to keep quiet so they could process it....

September, 15 Friday
Big update! Car has been found <actually itwas found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoing investigation notpreviously made public> and is being processed by Dekalb police. Only thingwe know at this point is that no windows were smashed, but driver's seat waspushed all the way back. Per VI – T2 # 121 Correct and it was my dad whonoticed before the car was even opened / picked up that the driver seat was allthe way back. T2 #446 VI.

Update9/15 Facebook: Car has been found! It is being processed by Dekalb police, nofurther information until they finish. Jenna still missing

Heyeveryone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of DefoorsAve, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed sincehe also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

IIRC, police reviewed the surveillance footage and said it provided no leads. A lot of security cameras only retain footage for a short period of time on the basis that it's usually only a matter of a few hours between when something happens and when you discover it. For example, if you are a business owner your biggest concerns will be break ins and vandalism. If your store is broken into at night, you're going to find out the next morning and review footage immediately. Many businesses now have high quality hd security cameras and the files are large so you wouldn't want to store much footage for long periods of time. I don't think anyone was indicating that there was a concern that the footage had been intentionally wiped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As long as police are the ones to verify nothing was suspect on the footage, I’m good with that. I see your point on the length of time that had passed, also. Hopefully the police asked the surrounding businesses about their footage before they announced they had found the car.

As I recall right per media/facebook help find Jenna....father get a call from ? that her car was found and went there with LE. Car was found the 5th. LE asked the family to keep quiet so they could process it....

September, 15 Friday
Big update! Car has been found <actually itwas found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoing investigation notpreviously made public> and is being processed by Dekalb police. Only thingwe know at this point is that no windows were smashed, but driver's seat waspushed all the way back. Per VI – T2 # 121 Correct and it was my dad whonoticed before the car was even opened / picked up that the driver seat was allthe way back. T2 #446 VI.

Update9/15 Facebook: Car has been found! It is being processed by Dekalb police, nofurther information until they finish. Jenna still missing

Heyeveryone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of DefoorsAve, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed sincehe also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

If memory serves, a woman emailed a tip. Maybe subie can clarify for us if the tip went to the gmail address that was set up. I noted that subie said the email addy was for the PI which leads me to believe that tips were being received by the family rather than LE. But I dont want to assume that.

It would be good to know if LE called dad or if tip was funneled through family and they contacted LE just for my own internal thoughts.

Hey guys sorry Yom Kippur today and fasting.
Parents are upset again with the LE. A friend of Jennas reached out to us on Facebook. Was in contact with her that night. One of last callers on her TMobile account but police never called him despite having the logs for 5 weeks now. Has more info on her plans for that night. We know from.him that Jenna had mentioned why she was not driving her car due to the insurance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hope your fast was a good one and the holiday gave you and your family some strength.

Why is your family upset with law enforcement, may I ask? Some of us have a certain amount of experience with the process and might be able to help you sort out some of the facets of the investigation process if that might help.

That's interesting-so if I went into a gas station and wanted to buy a pack of gum and a lottery ticket, I couldnt produce a debit card?

It depends on which gas station you’re at. Some allow debit cards, some don’t. 7-11 allows you to bundle lottery tickets with other items using a debit card as long as the purchase is under $20.

I am so confused and I have so many questions. I just don’t know if they are appropriate to ask.

That's interesting-so if I went into a gas station and wanted to buy a pack of gum and a lottery ticket, I couldnt produce a debit card?

You can use your debit card for lottery at some gas stations, as mentioned.

As a person with a condition that greatly affects my decision making, impulsivity and ability to sense when I'm being manipulated or in danger (bipolar type 2-hypomania) I can confidently say that people that have conditions like this are too often preyed upon due to our vulnerability we don't have the ability to see the signs -the glowing neon signs.I hope Jenna didn't make a bad decision in trusting or trying to 'buy friendship' or get manipulated into getting into the industry even just told she could be a "shot girl" or cashier something. I've been there, they groom you, buy you things to pretty you up and call you like you're such great friends.
I really feel so connected to her my heart is with you and your family such a loving family.

In looking at photos of Jenna it appears she had naturally curly hair (photos in Israel). In the most recent photos her hair looks like it has been professionally straightened- like a Brazilian Blowout, not just a flatiron. I'm wondering if someone suggested she straighten her hair? Had Jenna started wearing different clothes,etc. Just wondering if someone was grooming her.

I know in the "Diamond Kitties" trafficking bust this year all the girls were groomed to look alike- same dress, same handbag, same sunglasses...

In 2014 we took my mother to the ER at the big Atlanta hospital on "the hill" by 285. All the public bathrooms in the ER had signs in the bathrooms with numbers to call if you were a victim of human trafficking. It continues to be a big problem here.

And to the other locals here- I will be willing to search anytime after Oct 12.

In looking at photos of Jenna it appears she had naturally curly hair (photos in Israel). In the most recent photos her hair looks like it has been professionally straightened- like a Brazilian Blowout, not just a flatiron. I'm wondering if someone suggested she straighten her hair? Had Jenna started wearing different clothes,etc. Just wondering if someone was grooming her.

I know in the "Diamond Kitties" trafficking bust this year all the girls were groomed to look alike- same dress, same handbag, same sunglasses...

In 2014 we took my mother to the ER at the big Atlanta hospital on "the hill" by 285. All the public bathrooms in the ER had signs in the bathrooms with numbers to call if you were a victim of human trafficking. It continues to be a big problem here.

And to the other locals here- I will be willing to search anytime after Oct 12.

I've only seen one photo of her with curly hair, but I'm glad that I've now seen at least one poster of her including a photo with it not straightened. However, almost all of her photos show it straightened, and most of these photos appear to be several years old, one possibly being a high school senior portrait. It does not seem to be a recent change.

I'm glad that more people seem to be coming forward with information about her movements and plans that last night. I think if you find out more about the men that she was meeting up with, that's the best chance of cracking this case, short of finding Jenna herself.

you can only use cash :(

I live in Georgia and am able to use my debit card to purchase lottery tickets. If I try to use my debit card as a credit card, it will not allow the purchase. I have to choose DEBIT and enter my PIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike