GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of this was timing. I'm not sure there was enough time to get the best quality case to the GJ. If they had a couple more days yes but not during the time frame required. Why rush? To please "us"? No thank you. I would rather they take their time and put quality in front of the GJ and make sure they present everything in the proper manner.

One simple thing that doesn't make any sense. Why lie and say you were at Walmart when you were not? Supposedly there was at least one other person that lied to police about RB being at Walmart. When that lie was exposed that one other person...

SANG LIKE A CANARY:panic:

One other person = #1 witness
IMO, Post of the day!
:clap::takeabow::clap:

I think a lot of this was timing. I'm not sure there was enough time to get the best quality case to the GJ. If they had a couple more days yes but not during the time frame required. Why rush? To please "us"? No thank you. I would rather they take their time and put quality in front of the GJ and make sure they present everything in the proper manner.

One simple thing that doesn't make any sense. Why lie and say you were at Walmart when you were not? Supposedly there was at least one other person that lied to police about RB being at Walmart. When that lie was exposed that one other person...

SANG LIKE A CANARY:panic:

One other person = #1 witness

But that kind of worries me. The Walmart lie can be explained away if he was just trying to avoid being a suspect. That is suspicious behavior, for sure, but does not make him guilty. What if the guilty party, say his roomie, manipulated him into making up that story?

Also,if they had something BIG like a bag of bloody work clothes or his palm print in the vacant apt,then I think they would have gone to the GJ immediately. Grand Juries do not need much to green light a trial, just one or two SOLID pieces of tight evidence. So it worries me that they might not have that yet.

Once indicted and charged they have discovery. The decision to wait for the next GJ may be tactical.

But that kind of worries me. The Walmart lie can be explained away if he was just trying to avoid being a suspect. That is suspicious behavior, for sure, but does not make him guilty. What if the guilty party, say his roomie, manipulated him into making up that story?

Also,if they had something BIG like a bag of bloody work clothes or his palm print in the vacant apt,then I think they would have gone to the GJ immediately. Grand Juries do not need much to green light a trial, just one or two SOLID pieces of tight evidence. So it worries me that they might not have that yet.

I have to wonder how many of the other staff and residents made up a lie to avoid being suspected? I think this lie is huge.

I think they have something big enough to continue to hold him, especially if it's true he has excellent representation. They are holding him for lying to authorities, right? I think they have a few minutes to make their case for the GJ in order to get an indictment. I have all the time in the world - that baby's body told a story, swift and thorough, as did the crime scene... these two things are a rare gift lately.

I hear all that but

"trying to avoid being a suspect"?

If he didn't do it then what is the big deal about being a suspect? Just tell the truth and it will prove your innocence.

Give an alibi...

wait a sec...

he did that and it didn't pan out uh oh:curses:

If he was covering for his roomate then his roomate would be locked up right now.

And another thing.

This guy is 20 years old and by reading his Facebook stuff we have a decent idea of his character. Does anyone think he would sit in jail to protect a friend that probably wasn't that good a friend anyway? If RB ran up on the person that did this he would not have protected them he would have covered his own :butthead:

I hear all that but

"trying to avoid being a suspect"?

If he didn't do it then what is the big deal about being a suspect? Just tell the truth and it will prove your innocence.

Give an alibi...

wait a sec...

he did that and it didn't pan out uh oh:curses:

If he was covering for his roomate then his roomate would be locked up right now.

You're right. He is most likely the guilty party. I am just saying they need MORE than his lying about an alibi and his having a key to the compactor. They need something solid forensically. I think they learned that lesson pretty well so we should be fine this time around though.

You're right. He is most likely the guilty party. I am just saying they need MORE than his lying about an alibi and his having a key to the compactor. They need something solid forensically. I think they learned that lesson pretty well so we should be fine this time around though.

I agree.

One thing you will notice about my posts is that I never mention having a key to the compactor as being a piece of evidence that is relevant to anything other than the fact that he has a key to the compactor.

I agree about the alibi. Although I do wonder if he was at Walmart at any time that day. I just don't understand why he would give an alibi of Walmart if it could be so easily proved. Is he that dumb?

I've said it before...he would have been better served to just say he was around doing groundskeeping work or was in his apartment, even if there was nobody to back his alibi up. Better than saying you were at Walmart.

The other thing...I wonder if he asked someone to lie for him? Or perhaps he just told someone he was at Walmart and that person believed him? Then when the police came back and said he didn't show up the video, the friend account changed to say that Ryan had only told him/her that and they didn't know personally. I don't know, something about that I just don't get. I mean WHO would agree to lie for someone when it's a MURDER investigation??? Color me confused.

I agree about the alibi. Although I do wonder if he was at Walmart at any time that day. I just don't understand why he would give an alibi of Walmart if it could be so easily proved. Is he that dumb?

I've said it before...he would have been better served to just say he was around doing groundskeeping work or was in his apartment, even if there was nobody to back his alibi up. Better than saying you were at Walmart.

The other thing...I wonder if he asked someone to lie for him? Or perhaps he just told someone he was at Walmart and that person believed him? Then when the police came back and said he didn't show up the video, the friend account changed to say that Ryan had only told him/her that and they didn't know personally. I don't know, something about that I just don't get. I mean WHO would agree to lie for someone when it's a MURDER investigation??? Color me confused.
Didn't he have marks on his wrist and told the other maintenance guys something about them. I'd have to look it up. I haven't found where a friend backed up the walmart story

Everything I am reading from LE says the investigation will take a few months.

We don't have a clue what LE has as far as evidence goes and that's the way it should be!. I just don't understand why some posters act like they should know what LE knows. It doesn't work that way.........thank goodness.

Protecting evidence means the trial-if there is one- should run smoothly. A good and fair jury pool can be selected. Even this monster will be assured a fair trial ---if evidence isn't leaked.

I think Jayarre is correct. imo

Really>
well------------
Murderers having people lie for them isn't that hard apparently.
Think Al Capone.
OJ Simpson (Got away with it.)
Scott Peterson.
Casey Anthony. (Got away with it.)

Cat Thief, I just watched your tribute to our little angel, Jorelys... I am trying to catch up on my reading here but ended up having to stop as I was sobbing so hard. You are a true artist, my sweet fellow WSer. I hope you don't mind but I had to share it with others. God Bless You for taking the time to create this moving video!

We don't have a clue what LE has as far as evidence goes and that's the way it should be!. I just don't understand why some posters act like they should know what LE knows. It doesn't work that way.........thank goodness.

Protecting evidence means the trial-if there is one- should run smoothly. A good and fair jury pool can be selected. Even this monster will be assured a fair trial ---if evidence isn't leaked.

I think Jayarre is correct. imo

Exactly.

I'd like to add that at this point in most abduction/missing persons cases (under 2 weeks), people ( by people I mean we) are generally wringing our hands over trails going cold and evidence being lost, bodies losing evidence and wondering what LE is doing to find them.

They found Jorelys, the evidence, the cause and manner of death, and the perp in a few days, and because they haven't paraded what they have for evidence before the MSM and zipped an indictment out for all charges and to our satisfaction immediately, they suddenly have the wrong man?

How would finding her body and the evidence after 3 days as opposed to one day suddenly point to the wrong person?

Whatever they have was good enough, that when a judge reviewed it, he felt it was enough to hold RB until the GBI is ready to submit their indictment, be it a week, 30 days, 60 days, etc.

An indictment taking months in a murder case is not uncommon, from what I've read. Especially if the DA wants to file all charges at once. (Remember: kidnapping, assualt, rape, murder, possibly more.)

And the GBI started saying it would be a while from the moment they found Jorelys and the crime scene! They didn't suddenly start saying this yesterday because they just figured out they don't have good evidence and they suddenly think they might be looking at the wrong perp. They were saying this within 24 hours of finding Jorelys and the apartment, citing it was a 'mammoth case' and 'mountains of evidence' and hinted at multiple charges. The GBI director said this. Not the Canton LE.

The judge is good with the evidence thus far and the arrest. The GBI Director is good with the evidence thus far and the arrest. I'm sorry some sleuthers are not. But I'm not sure why anyone would want this case, or the indictment rushed, just so they could be instantly reassured of his guilt. This isn't a TV show. :banghead:

This article is over a week old. In other words, Keenan was saying the investigation would take 'months' since they put RB behind bars.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/arrest-made-7-year-olds-killing/nFwjb/

To review:

• "This is a mammoth case. We believe that this horrendous crime was planned and calculated and we recovered a lot of evidence that's going to require processing," Keenan said at a Wednesday news conference.
  • Keenan said investigators found Jorelys' blood in the vacant apartment. He said investigators are looking into Brunn's past and the investigation will take several months.
  • "We are confident that Brunn is the killer and that is why he is in custody."
  • Agents searched a garage used by maintenance crews, and neighbors said they saw agents collecting evidence for the last two days.
  • "I've seen them search his car. I seen them take his car out of here. I seen them taking evidence out of his house yesterday," Gibson said.

I understand you concern, but maybe this will help a little:

http://dofs.gbi.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,75166109_75728566_81669505,00.html

Ga's main GBI DNA testing lab has capillary electrophoresis , and can turn around a Dna sample (up to 48 actually) within 24 hours if needed. We know they were working around the clock to do the testing, so it's easily possibly that DNA matches were made swiftly. An interesting read.

in the presser where they said Jorelys had been found they said that they expected preliminary dna back that very afternoon.

I am confident they have forensics linking him:twocents:

I hope they have a match. I am just nervous about it. Why do you think they did not take it to the Grand Jury. If I understood the piece I read a few days ago, the GJ doesn't meet again for a month. Is that correct? ty

they are not ready with the entire case..... I don't think they need to rush the indictment with the man they are "confident" is the perp safely behind bars

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member