GA - Katherine Janness, 40, walking dog, both fatally stabbed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot about this seems gang related. Did you see the story I quoted? Here it is again, this happened only a year ago right outside of Atlanta. A young man's gang initiation consisted of him stabbing a girl to death and throwing her body in a river.

"TEEN boy is accused of brutally murdering a 14-year-old girl on Wednesday as an initiation rite to join the MS-13 gang.

Brayan Segura, who also uses Rivas as a surname, allegedly stabbed Janina Valenzuela multiple times before tossing her lifeless body into a creek in Georgia."

Story

This could also explain why the police are not releasing any suspect names. Several people could be involved. There are several violent gangs in Atlanta and thousands of gang members in Georgia and they are responsible for much of the street violence and murders we read about every day. Seems more likely to me than some guy watching her from afar, somehow becoming obsessed with her, and then deciding to kill her, none of which makes any sense to me. Whoever killed her was full of rage, not full of fantasies about her.
I couldn't open your link so I looked it up, I just don't see a similarity to this case.

“[The] accused admitted that the said act was part of an initiation into the Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) criminal street gang,” one warrant stated.
The teen allegedly told police he targeted Valenzuela because she was a member of rival street crew, the 18th Street Gang.
‘She Was Being Chased’: Teen Fatally Stabbed In Suspected Gang Initiation
The 15-year-old suspect allegedly told investigators he stabbed 14-year-old Janina Valenzuela in the “upper torso area multiple times” as part of MS-13 initiation rites.

The police must have told the press a time frame for the photo because they’ve been printing 12:07...I linked an article elsewhere in this thread that states as much.

Thank you very much for that link Quest701. I'm suspicious because other than CBS46 I can't locate any other MSM that has picked up on a specific time for the image. We've seen this happen before where other MSM don't touch it because they can't verify the detail. I'm not even finding any cookie-cutter articles. Just interesting to compare the articles from CBS46 reporters.

July 28, also of CBS46. reporter Hayley Mason, makes no mention of the time:

Police released a surveillance photo of Janness walking her dog near the Pride intersection on 10th Street Tuesday night.

July30, Zac Summers of CBS46, prints 12:07:

Janness and her dog, Bowie, were found stabbed to death in Piedmont Park around 1 a.m. on Wednesday. The last known sighting of the two was at 12:07 a.m. at the rainbow crosswalk, near 10th and Piedmont.

July 30, CBS46 article by Josh Morgan and Meghan Packer, print 12:09:

Atlanta Police released a surveillance image of Janness walking her dog across the Pride intersection at 12:09am Wednesday

I just find it odd at this point and am questioning the accuracy of the reporting on the specific time.

There are several violent gangs in Atlanta and thousands of gang members in Georgia and they are responsible for much of the street violence and murders we read about every day.
<rsbm>

I would be hard-pressed to find a link right now, (I think other members will recall) but LE specified to the effect that this crime is distinctly different than the types of crime they normally see in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419