GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearsay - I read on another site where a friend of hers posted that her dog was in MD with her parents.

Ahhhh..okay. That is good.

The macon article above has interest new stuff, all apartments had a deadbolt and an alarm, and the landlord said he doesn't know if they found evidence in any of the other apartments but they searched almost all of them.

One of those websites you posted a link to said she was almost 6 feet tall! That would be hard for that little guy to overpower I would think.

One of those websites you posted a link to said she was almost 6 feet tall! That would be hard for that little guy to overpower I would think.

In the video interview prior to his arrest, McD states he has a gun.

In the video interview prior to his arrest, McD states he has a gun.

If he just plain shot her there would likely be evidence (i.e. loud bang, blood/gunpower residue at the scene, recently fired or cleaned gun found in his apartment). Plus he said it was "a little gun" which means quite possibly more than one shot.

Guns are only scary if you think the person will shoot you, and in this case if she believed he WOULD shoot her there would be no reason to cooperate! She knew the guy, she wasn't afraid of him, she isn't likely to freak out and go along with any crazy ideas (i.e. being tied up or abducted) just because he shows up with a .22 handgun.

Investigators continue working to find out which people have alibis and can be excluded from the suspect list.

To me the above line says it all! If they had a REAL SUSPECT with REAL EVIDENCE they would be building their case, not chasing around checking the alibis of every casual associate.

I'm kind of wondering why his parents are not in Macon in support of him. That is strange to me.

If he just plain shot her there would likely be evidence (i.e. loud bang, blood/gunpower residue at the scene, recently fired or cleaned gun found in his apartment). Plus he said it was "a little gun" which means quite possibly more than one shot.Guns are only scary if you think the person will shoot you, and in this case if she believed he WOULD shoot her there would be no reason to cooperate! She knew the guy, she wasn't afraid of him, she isn't likely to freak out and go along with any crazy ideas (i.e. being tied up or abducted) just because he shows up with a .22 handgun.
To me the above line says it all! If they had a REAL SUSPECT with REAL EVIDENCE they would be building their case, not chasing around checking the alibis of every casual associate.

BBM

Hi everyone, i've been following this thread since it started and just wanted to respond to the above post.
He didnt have to use the the gun to kill her. In fact, if she did think he might shoot her then that WOULD be a very good reason to cooperate with him, i.e. allowing herself to be subdued. Maybe she thought because she knew him, perhaps if she kept calm and talked to him, she could get herself out of the situation.
Another thought is perhaps she was in bed, or in the shower, hence more vulnerable to the confrontation of the gun and more unlikely or unable to fight him off.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134886/153/Macon-Police-Have-Giddings-on-Video

He urged the public to take normal precautions: walk in pairs at night and try to park under a light in parking lots and look around for anything suspicious before opening the car door.

In the video interview of SM there is a discussion about a vehicle parked in front of the building and interviewer asks SM is that Laurens car and SM explains no, its a detectives...they towed her car off.
Now, I am speculating that her car was used in her abduction and or murder. The above linked article and comment by Burns instructs the public to check their cars before they get in.
Just saying...

Just a couple of quick thoughts and questions..

I really find it extremely difficult to believe that LE is leaning toward Laurens apt being the scene of the crime.. Dismembering her entirely in this apt.. Most likely Saturday night and by Wedsnesday McD along with other classmates let themselves into her apt and everything was in place, not even so much as a sign of struggle..

I find this extremely unlikely when realistically looking at what is involved in dismembering a body.. We are not talking just a little blood to clean up with a little bit of bleach.. We are talking full blown body tissues, and blood.. Very gruesome or grisly scene even with the most careful of killers.. I just do not find it realistically possible that Lauren was fully dismembered in her apt most likely late Saturday and 3 days later not a single item was even slightly out of place.. Not to mention when LE got on the scene their mobile crime units would be able to discern if certain areas had been recently scoured, scrubbed, for every single trace of a dismemberment that occurred 72 hours prior.. Atleast I would certainly think this would be easily discertained by LE crime unit, especially FBI..

It just IMO seems to near IMPOSSIBLE when talking about dismemberment.. The Matthew Hoffman case comes to mind where he dismembered the 3 and the family dog and then disposed of them in a hollow tree.. Witnesses said it was gruesomely obvious what had taken place in the hall bathroom.. Hoffman later stated that he had attempted to clean up after the disposal but quickly saw that it was going to no good as it was just not humanly possible to remove traces of all that was present from the dismemberment..

Onto my one other thought/question.. Thanks to whomever found the info and posted about Laurens dog Butterbean.. I too found it very strange that this dog has not mentioned.. One would think that either the apt management wouldve made reference of the dog and moreso with as forthcoming amd detailed that McD was On camera.. Literally telling amd describing detail for detail them entering her apt to check on her, about her keys, her purse, where they were, where her phone was, that it was dead, the laptop, the emails, even word for word detailing the emails... But nothing whatsoever about her dog that certainly would have been anxious when that door opened as he'd stuck locked in the apt alone, most likely unfed, and not being taken out for several days.. I would expect him to have coming running to the door as it opened.. That he'd be the very first thing that was seen amd heard when they entered her apt.. A detail that I would think would
Most likely be remembered and told about.. Yet from noone that I know of have we heard word one about Butterbean..

So that does make me reevaluate the possibilities here.. At the very least to not rule out the possibility that she was in fact abducted amd murdered while outside of her apt rather than inside as most of us have believed thus far.. Which of course then opens up a much broader spectrum of suspects amd possibilities..

I really wish we could get some type confirmation about Butterbean and where he was found and when..

I really hate to bring this thought up, and maybe someone already has (i've followed and try to read every post but I'm sure I've missed some), but what about a really big tarp or painters cloth that could be rolled up and contain the mess. =(

Rigor sets in relatively early in the process of decay and then subsides. It is related to lividity, blood pooling, and depending on where her body was cut, above or below the pelvis, much of the blood may have drained out causing the decomposition process to be unlike that of a whole body.
At any rate, in a typical case with an intact body, rigor would have set in a few hours after she died that night, reached its peak around 12 after death, and by sometime Tuesday it would have declined. I also think it might be easier to lift a stiff body than a limp one, based on unpleasant personal experience. With the body stiffened it feels less like dead weight. I think.
I'm new here too, nice to meet you :)

:welcome4: Very happy to have you here! Nice to meet you! =)

From very reliable sources - Butterbean was and is with her parents.

Posted by WIDEOPEN, 3:09 pm 7/8/11 "Now, I am speculating that her car was used in her abduction and or murder"

Now, I am speculating that her car was used in her abduction and or murder. The above linked article and comment by Burns instructs the public to check their cars before they get in.
Just saying...[/QUOTE]

Can't see that being the case since the car has been returned to the family...I've never thought the crime happened on site...more likely she left her items in the house when she went for a run. Used the spare key to lock the door and off she went. My speculation is that she was abducted by someone who either knew her lifestyle and where she lived (probably within a block radius or knew her from school/social scene and therefore knew where to put the body so as not to have it around their own house). the police searched the area wed night late and found no body...they have stated that they do not believe the body was there during wed night's search and since the property is not woody nor does it have much shrubbery we have to believe that once the body was discovered it was very apparent that they would have seen it wed night...I'm guessing they kept it frozen/chilled and dumped it early thursday morning while it was still dark. it has been very hot in macon (usual summer) with rain only coming this week, therefore it wouldn't have time to emit an odor before being found at the apt complex. Perhaps she was abducted while she ran by the river (close to the complex) ---to or from the river possibly but there is more traffic/more well lit between complex and river. At this point everything is speculation because so much is being kept close to the vest by Macon PD. I've heard there was a dog...she went to maryland for her sister's wedding (or something like that) and probably took the dog so as not to have to care for it while studying/move it after taking the bar. Other option re: dog is that she took it with her that night and it was disposed of by killer. No reason to think it was in apt as it would have been found by group who entered her apt to look for her on wednesday.

I'd like to see a map/photos of whatever properties adjoined the complex to see if a wooded corridor existed, enabling someone to walk through that area rather than the parking lot/entrance.

I have a screen capture from google maps. The quality is poor but it gives some idea of the surroundings. I used 1058 Georgia Avenue Macon Georgia for the addresss.

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 26
Wide open I totally agree with you that what was said in the article does make it appear as tho possibly she was somehow overpowered at her vehicle.. In her vehicle.. Tho at the moment I don't have a theory that would involve the car's involvement, if even just briefly(meaning she was attacked at her car before able to even get in..) Something like that.. if true that the parents have already taken the car to MD then I doubt it contained anything of any evidentiary value.. But to my knowledge her family is still in Macon, as they have just begun the task of cleaning out Lauren's belongings from her apt..*

I mean why would Burns state a warning for the public being specific about making sure to pay close attn and to be aware when walking in parking lot to your car.. And to check around before getting in your car.. That us what has me wondering is it possible that somehow they have come up with the notion that Laurem was attacked or overpowered at or around her car?!.. Because from what I have read most believe the attack occurred in her very own apt.. But Burns says nothing about being aware when going home alone to check out your apt.. Something along those lines.. But he doesn't. Instead when asked was it a stranger or known to her perp he said he would not say, followed by the warning to the public of being aware and paying attn especially in going to your vehicle.. To look and check things out before getting in your car??

To me that just doesn't make sense with what we know(pretty much nil).. But prior to this statement made today by Burn's I certainly was not even toying with the notion as a possibility that Lauren was attacked at or around her car.. IMO it's pretty much the only thing that would make a lick of sense when looking at Burn's statement today?

Anyone??

If he just plain shot her there would likely be evidence (i.e. loud bang, blood/gunpower residue at the scene, recently fired or cleaned gun found in his apartment). Plus he said it was "a little gun" which means quite possibly more than one shot.

Guns are only scary if you think the person will shoot you, and in this case if she believed he WOULD shoot her there would be no reason to cooperate! She knew the guy, she wasn't afraid of him, she isn't likely to freak out and go along with any crazy ideas (i.e. being tied up or abducted) just because he shows up with a .22 handgun.

I did not say I thought she was shot in the apartment-

BBM- Guess you're braver than I ... Someone points a "little gun" at me, I'm going to assume they will use it. You're making some pretty big assumptions on how Lauren would have reacted, IMO.

I'm still on the fence about McD, but the fact he stated he had a gun is relevant when you are a named POI in a murder case.

I really hate to bring this thought up, and maybe someone already has (i've followed and try to read every post but I'm sure I've missed some), but what about a really big tarp or painters cloth that could be rolled up and contain the mess. =(

Good point Truth. Glad to see you posting here :seeya:

From very reliable sources - Butterbean was and is with her parents.

Thank You Alliecat and Welcome to Websleuths!!

Are you a local? Hoping for more people who can give us a boots on the ground perspective.

Just a couple of quick thoughts and questions..

I really find it extremely difficult to believe that LE is leaning toward Laurens apt being the scene of the crime.. Dismembering her entirely in this apt.. Most likely Saturday night and by Wedsnesday McD along with other classmates let themselves into her apt and everything was in place, not even so much as a sign of struggle..

I find this extremely unlikely when realistically looking at what is involved in dismembering a body.. We are not talking just a little blood to clean up with a little bit of bleach.. We are talking full blown body tissues, and blood.. Very gruesome or grisly scene even with the most careful of killers.. I just do not find it realistically possible that Lauren was fully dismembered in her apt most likely late Saturday and 3 days later not a single item was even slightly out of place.. Not to mention when LE got on the scene their mobile crime units would be able to discern if certain areas had been recently scoured, scrubbed, for every single trace of a dismemberment that occurred 72 hours prior.. Atleast I would certainly think this would be easily discertained by LE crime unit, especially FBI..

Well it is possible she was dismembered in the apartment. Yes, if they drained the blood beforehand (not sure how easy that would be do to in a bathtub without being able to suspend the body but regardless) before dismemberment and worked carefully on a vinyl floor they could have cleaned it up so it looked fine when the friends came in.

Would the police immediately figure out the whole floor and bathtub had been cleaned? Of course, but so what. BTW if they hadn't found the torso they might NOT have realized the bathroom had been cleaned, they likely wouldn't have checked the tub for signs of dismemberment due to a missing person that is for sure. Regardless as long as the killer was careful not to leave their own evidence behind (fingerprints, hair, shoe prints) they wouldn't care if the police found the scene, it was after all HER apartment.

If the killer was known to her, if he had EVER been in that apartment fingerprints or hair wouldn't even matter UNLESS it could be proven to have been left during the crime.

But keep in mind it isn't just dismemberment, that would imply the body was STORED in it's decayed state for days in the apartment complex. That would be hard to hide, and since we know that definitely wasn't stored in HER apartment that creates evidence of a second scene IF the body was stored there (i.e. fluids, smell, etc...).

The other evidence after the cleanup of the bathroom (besides storing the body) would also have to be carefully disposed off (tools, clothing, etc..) as well as the other missing body parts. We know they took various body parts away so we can assume they had the sense to remove the tools and such too. That is why I don't think it was done there. They wouldn't take everything else and hide it but then save the decomposed torso in their apartment or wherever and leave it on the doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member