GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost: It certainly wouldn't be the first time a perp was taken down by his own arrogance and perverse impulses. I agree with what Sonya suggested earlier. What good is committing the perfect murder if no one knows about it?

LOL. Is that an oxymoron? I mean, how is it perfect if eveyrone knows and he goes to prison or gets death penalty?

Yeah could have been cyanide, he was busy boiling 3000 peach pits but they haven't found them yet. Or maybe...he robbed a pharmacy and got hard core narcotics.

Course then the challenge is getting her to drink it, I rather doubt she went over to his place for a nightcap and a friendly chat. Maybe put them the orange juice in the fridge? He DID have a key! He could have planted drugs in her fridge! Course that would sort of nullify the confession post.

(BTW it is pretty easy to make home-made chloroform, but that isn't what the post claimed plus chloroform doesn't work instantly.)

I agree, no nightcaps in this scene. He wasn't social enough and she could care less about socializing with him. He had to be in her apt that night, waiting, her stuff was there, her phone in her room.

How would he know she would drink something from the fridge that night especially if she just came in with zaxby's ready to partake. Why go for the fridge if she bought a meal. He had to have hit her. He could have came over for some reason and drugged her zaxby's drink to lull her senses, then hit her

I defended him, or better, played devil's advocate, for a long time, too. I actually didn't have a firm opinion on the interview...yes he said some things that stuck me as odd and yes he sounded over-the-top,but I guess I haven't been around that many people when a body has just been found to judge. I don't know. I have read a lot to give me a low opinion of him but sometimes I feel like he is a "too perfect" suspect. I said "feel" instead of "think" because it really is just a feeling; I can't verbalize it or say what I'm basing it on.

Me either so his reaction wasn't so odd to me right away.......and I wasn't ready to jump on that wagon. I just wanted to know first if what we were hearing was rumour or fact.

Based on my understanding of drugs, not necessarily of post mortem exams, I think that many date rape drugs are metabolized kinda quickly. Just wondering if that makes it hit-or-miss with investigating depending on what the whole timeline for the crime was.

Then, he could have met her at the car and helped her in, dropped somehting in her drink and came back over shortly. Maybe he was already in there ans slipped it in her drink

whatever or however he did it was very BRAVE and gutsy!! He had to do it right the first time. ugh, sick.

Yeah could have been cyanide, he was busy boiling 3000 peach pits but they haven't found them yet. Or maybe...he robbed a pharmacy and got hard core narcotics.

Course then the challenge is getting her to drink it, I rather doubt she went over to his place for a nightcap and a friendly chat. Maybe put them the orange juice in the fridge? He DID have a key! He could have planted drugs in her fridge! Course that would sort of nullify the confession post.

(BTW it is pretty easy to make home-made chloroform, but that isn't what the post claimed plus chloroform doesn't work instantly.)

The post...........do we have to believe everything in it? Liars mix some truth into their lies. Maybe it was all an act if in fact he wrote it at all. I am trying to be open minded either way.

So do you think he DID write it?

And there are plenty of smart psychos/sociopaths out there, Wallstreet is full of them, the top 50 serial killer list is full of smart psychos too.

I do not have an opinion on it other than he could have or someone else could have. There are reasons why it will be the way it is no matter who wrote it.

I also stated in my post "they give the appareance of stupid" (in the fact that they dont' think we see thru them...)

My understanding is that Psychos are highly intelligent if not genious but they goof up somewhere becuase they dont' realize others see thru them!! ANd as I said, leaving us thinking, "WTH?!"

many are executive types.

To clarify, I didn't so much elaborate on how he inserted himself as mention that many seemed to feel that he inserted himself.

I concur...........corrected......and I do recall that subject was broached many times here, early on. Presuming others had read and understood.

I'm glad to see this.

It's just amazing to me that forensic authentication of this post is such a problem.

One thing that could be unclear in the 13WMAZ story, especially to folks who haven't followed this case as closely as we have, is what witness likely is being referenced here:

Winters says they know poster was McDaniel, using the name SoL, or Son of Liberty because there are pictures of him with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas under the same name, and a witness identified McDaniel as SoL.
and here, from the comments from defense attorney Hogue:

... And I assume that somewhere in the evidence they're gonna provide to us, there will be a copy of the post and perhaps a report by someone who's a computer expert, or this witness that he didn't name that can tie it to McDaniel, or at least purport to tie it to McDaniel."
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/177873/175/McDaniel-Defense-Doubts-Validity-Of-Online-Post

My guess is that it is the man who posts at the "other site" and who participated in the mock trial at SM's invitation -- at the bond hearing, Winters pointed to interviewing him (though, as Hogue says, not mentioning him by name) as being one way that they determined that SM posted as SoL.

If it's him, I'd not be surprised if he testified that yes, SM posted at the site under the name SoL. But somehow I think if the DA is really counting on that witness to testify that SM made this particular SoL post, he's going to be very disappointed. (I actually don't think he's counting on that at all.)

The post...........do we have to believe everything in it? Liars mix some truth into their lies. Maybe it was all an act if in fact he wrote it at all. I am trying to be open minded either way.

bbm: True, and good point.

On this, however, I'm betting that Stephen McDaniel did not write that post. (For once, I've made up my mind about something, LOL.)

LOL. Is that an oxymoron? I mean, how is it perfect if eveyrone knows and he goes to prison or gets death penalty?
Exactly. No, it's not perfect at all if you get caught. Yet it's possible that in spite of himself, he couldn't resist the urge to show off. Or maybe it's that old Imp of the Perverse, the impulse that drives a man to do exactly that which will cause his own destruction. Who knows? There doesn't appear to be any rational explanation. After all, he successfully eliminated the remaining body parts.

I agree, no nightcaps in this scene. He wasn't social enough and she could care less about socializing with him. He had to be in her apt that night, waiting, her stuff was there, her phone in her room.

How would he know she would drink something from the fridge that night especially if she just came in with zaxby's ready to partake. Why go for the fridge if she bought a meal. He had to have hit her. He could have came over for some reason and drugged her zaxby's drink to lull her senses, then hit her

One problem with the idea of her Zaxby's stuff having been tampered with is that she was at the drive-through ...can't remember exactly the time, maybe 6-ish? -- kinda early and then she was communicating some, apparently, with people by phone/text for a good while afterwards -- up until around 10:30, right? -- if the email to her boyfriend was authentically hers and actually sent by her

I'm glad to see this.

It's just amazing to me that forensic authentication of this post is such a problem.
We don't know that it's a problem. We only know that Winters chose not to produce the proof at the bond hearing. Even Hogue concedes that's not out of the ordinary.

Hogue says it's not unusual to present evidence in a bond hearing without calling a live witnesses, but he says Winters couldn't use the post at trial without providing a judge evidence that it was actually written by McDaniel.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/177873/175/McDaniel-Defense-Doubts-Validity-Of-Online-Post

bbm: True, and good point.

On this, however, I'm betting that Stephen McDaniel did not write that post. (For once, I've made up my mind about something, LOL.)

I'm not sure he did but have not read enough about it but I do think that, according to thepost above about the 13wmaz article in regards to this, that surely, SURELY, they are not all going solely on other and ALL SOL posts and one witness..?! We dont' really even know SM posted those others much less this one, unless it came from his computer or his login or whatever all that other computer lingo and traceable forensics are. SO, if I WERE PRESSED to decide based on only this info alone, I'd not feel comfortable saying he did. Whether SM was incarcerated at the time or not. Thanks !

We don't know that it's a problem. We only know that Winters chose not to produce the proof at the bond hearing. Even Hogue concedes that's not out of the ordinary.

But it does at least seem that it may become a problem, for both sides perhaps, because of the "series of unfortunate events" that apparently have decimated much of the data that would normally be depended upon in investigating something like this.

If people watched the 13WMAZ video Hogue states McDaniel was supervised by police or in custody since the interview.

If he posted it BEFORE the interview how on earth could he have predicted that they would tell him about the body DURING the interview?

If people watched the 13WMAZ video Hogue states McDaniel was supervised by police or in custody since the interview.

If he posted it BEFORE the interview how on earth could he have predicted that they would tell him about the body DURING the interview?

Ummm...maybe the reporters WERE IN ON IT?? Nah.

Great point, Sonya.

Ummm...maybe the reporters WERE IN ON IT?? Nah. (Unless you go back to the theory that tomkat mentioned, that MPD asked media to interview him and throw that info out for his reaction. Not a theory I'm going with, though possible.)

Great point, Sonya.

Well even if the MPD and the reporters set McDaniel up how would McDaniel predict it?

The post is fake.

Anyone else notice Hogue sounds just like Mr. Rogers (from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, a show the elderly folk like me will remember) in that interview? : )

Ok, WELL, now that I know 5 others have posted under the SOL nickname SINCE SM allegedly did throughout that time. Do we think that muddies the waters for ALL the posts now? No way to trace it, will it go out the window and not be used as evidence, becuase you can't prove it was actually SM, even tho he had a photo of himself as SOL? He could have posted only a few for all anyone knows. However, I'm guessing usernames are not duplicated.

Also, if he was incarcerated, did he have access to internet somehow. Of course the defense will state he was being watched closely and deny he had access. But, does he have an iphone in his cell? I'm guessing not on that too.

SO then, NO, I think it was his peers, being sarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member