Found Deceased GA - Nancy 'Renee' Eldridge, 25, Columbus, 4 July 2015 *Arrest*

so sad.. RIP.

wonder if she was targeted by a drug addict and robbed or placed there to throw off LE. really hope we see some justice in this case.

so sad.. RIP.

wonder if she was targeted by a drug addict and robbed or placed there to throw off LE. really hope we see some justice in this case.

She was abducted from her home 40 minutes away. So whoever did this to her took her across state lines. Her family originally believed it was an ex boyfriend who took her. I've read conflicting statments about him being cleared as a suspect yesterday, with his history I am sure they are going to revisit him as a suspect.

She was abducted from her home 40 minutes away. So whoever did this to her took her across state lines. Her family originally believed it was an ex boyfriend who took her. I've read conflicting statments about him being cleared as a suspect yesterday, with his history I am sure they are going to revisit him as a suspect.

I hadn't seen this about the ex. Do you have a link handy?

If the person took her across state lines will it become a federal case?

This is so sad. I just heard about this story last night . Someone forwRded her brothers Facebook post.

The circumstances involving her disappearance and the information being reported so far makes me lean toward the abductor being someone who knew and her habits. They had to either waiting for her when she came home or even possibly out with her earlier in the night. It doesn't have the makings of a random home invasion. Maybe a stalker, new boyfriend or ex of some sort. Someone who knows her would also know her mother's work schedule and that Renee would have been coming home to an empty house that night. Why they removed her from the house if the intent was to kill her that I don't know. The fact that they took her over state lines is odd being that interstate crime become a federal crime I believe. Unless she floated over?

This is so sad. I just heard about this story last night . Someone forwRded her brothers Facebook post.

The circumstances involving her disappearance and the information being reported so far makes me lean toward the abductor being someone who knew and her habits. They had to either waiting for her when she came home or even possibly out with her earlier in the night. It doesn't have the makings of a random home invasion. Maybe a stalker, new boyfriend or ex of some sort. Someone who knows her would also know her mother's work schedule and that Renee would have been coming home to an empty house that night. Why they removed her from the house if the intent was to kill her that I don't know. The fact that they took her over state lines is odd being that interstate crime become a federal crime I believe. Unless she floated over?

Going over state lines is not odd for the area. People forget about the state line all the time because so many people who live in Phenix city/ Salem/ Smith Station/etc work in Columbus/Fort Benning. Once you've lived here long enough you just see it all as one giant town.

Interesting point. I will be interested to see how this unfolds. I hope the family gets justice and closure by this case being solved and someone paying for their crime. Just awful

No updates? Not even fluff from the media? What is going on?

No updates? Not even fluff from the media? What is going on?

Valley Police feel 'confident' they'll solve Eldridge murder
Police, prosecutors investigated previous sexual assault of murder victim

The individual the sister named on Sunday July 5, 2015 has been cleared by DNA evidence for the sexual assault in December 14, and by an alibi corroborated by cell technology for the abduction/homicide in July 15. I spoke to a person at WRBL who says that they did not use this individual's name because he was cleared and they interviewed the DA who said the DNA excluded him as a suspect.

<modsnip: Removed reference to rumor. Rumors are not allowed at Websleuths>If you go on her facebook page (Renee Eldridge), you can see a difference in her appearance pre-December 2014 and 29 June 2015. Not that getting new ink and dying the tips of your hair red means you are doing drugs, but she seemed to have undergone a big appearance change, which would likely occur after a rape.

An alibi corroborated by cell technology? That sounds quite tenuous. Unless the person has the phone implanted in his arm, it means virtually nothing. My wife left her phone in my car a few days ago. But guess what? She wasn't with me. Crazy how that works. Also, being cleared for involvement in something in 2014 doesn't mean you can't be involved in something in 2015. Given these fallacious arguments clearly designed to direct attention away from someone, I'd say the opposite has occurred. Or, in the words of another dude, "the (person) doth protest too much, me thinks." Old Willie said that. Not Nelson, mind you.

An alibi corroborated by cell technology? That sounds quite tenuous. Unless the person has the phone implanted in his arm, it means virtually nothing.

Clueless, I see your point. But, let's say you are accused of murdering someone in Miami and you live in Orlando. On the day of the murder, you were on the road to teach a class in forensic psychology in Atlanta. And , you get brought in for questioning because the decedent who you you knew for a week falsely accused you of raping her. You tell them your timeline. You were in Orlando until you got on the road and your cell shows you pinging off towers all the way to Atlanta. And when you get to Atlanta, you have two professors from Emory and 70 criminology students who can testify under oath you were there. I'd say that's a pretty good alibi. But it's interesting you bring up Shakespeare. Seems that Renee was a witness in two cases: one was a Domestic violence with another Eldridge female who allegedly hit a guy who called 911. the case was dead docketed, but seems like the family really wants this guy who was arrested back in December 2014, to be on the hook. None of the neighbors hearda dog going crazy during a home invasion. Sounds like someone who knew her to me.

I'm beginning to wonder whether investigators have any idea what happened to this young lady. I hope they have a murder weapon and can connect it to someone.

Clueless,

Look at one of the lines from this article in the Ledger-Enquirer: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/07/11/3809054_deadly-shooting-shuts-down-part.html?rh=1

"Police also are involved in a joint investigation in the disappearance of 25-year-old Nancy &#8220;Renee&#8221; Eldridge who was found dead Tuesday in a Valley, Ala., creek, three days after she was reported missing on Independence Day from her 46th Street home. Authorities still don&#8217;t know where she was killed."

So, did the coroner have an estimated time of death? I would imagine that she was found at 3 a.m. Tuesday, the 7th of July, and the last time she was seen alive was 3 a.m. on Saturday, the 4th of July, then the time of death would indicate where she was killed with the information about her house being broken into and her room ransacked. If the coroner estimated that she had been dead for 72 hours, then sounds like she surprised someone in her house when she got home, or someone was waiting for her. On the other hand, was there signs that she was tied or taped up? Then that would indicate that someone snatched her, kept her alive for a period, killed her and dumped her body in this creek in Valley Alabama. The cops must have some other evidence showing that she was alive well after 3 a.m. on the 4th to not be able to know where she was killed. And was there any blood or other serological evidence at the abduction scene?

They put out that she died from blunt force trauma to the head. That could happen in a number of ways that would not require a weapon per se.

I'm glad they have a suspect. It sounds like he doesn't want to talk to police. I wonder if it's a coincidence that he has the same last name as her mother. I hope they catch him quickly.

So, did the coroner have an estimated time of death? I would imagine that she was found at 3 a.m. Tuesday, the 7th of July, and the last time she was seen alive was 3 a.m. on Saturday, the 4th of July, then the time of death would indicate where she was killed with the information about her house being broken into and her room ransacked. If the coroner estimated that she had been dead for 72 hours, then sounds like she surprised someone in her house when she got home, or someone was waiting for her. On the other hand, was there signs that she was tied or taped up? Then that would indicate that someone snatched her, kept her alive for a period, killed her and dumped her body in this creek in Valley Alabama. The cops must have some other evidence showing that she was alive well after 3 a.m. on the 4th to not be able to know where she was killed. And was there any blood or other serological evidence at the abduction scene?

They put out that she died from blunt force trauma to the head. That could happen in a number of ways that would not require a weapon per se.

The obituary lists her death date as Tuesday July 7 th.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ledger-enquirer/obituary.aspx?n=nancy-eldridge-renee&pid=175271050

That poor girl. I hope her last days weren't full of fear.

Are Stacey Gray (suspect) and Nancy Gray (mother) related?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back