Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I've been focused on is not whether the grandparents have legal custody or not. I believe they do. For me, the road to obtaining legal custody would give a much clearer picture of why.

For instance, in many cases CPS is involved and recommends to a court that custody be removed from mother.

In other cases a mother simply agrees to give legal custody to another.

As other here I also have been involved with foster care, including one that involved a relative of mine. The relative agreed to turn two of her children over to me. This was done in a lawyer's office, the lawyer sent it to a judge to legalize the agreement. CPS was not involved nor were there any restriction or conditions. (until relative decided she wanted to be a mother again. 2 years later. Then it ended with a court order custody.)
I see. So if it was agreed upon by LS and BJH, it would still be "legal custody" (assuming it went through a judge), but might shed some light on why LS was allowed time with the children unsupervised. Is that what you are getting at? I hope I'm understanding. Now I'm really curious to see the paperwork involved in the turnover of custody. Interesting, and thank you for explaining!

HEADS UP re: legal custody & eviction filing - the excellent timeline created & updated by @wnk explains all with links to sources that provide backup.

I am puzzled by the ongoing debate/questions about this family's custody & eviction situation.

The above quoted post comes from a separate Timeline Thread for this case.

Like many of you, I would like to know the involvement of Q & Z's fathers in their lives. Since BJH has legal custody they must have agreed to it or even relinquished rights to allow it. If anyone who can clarify that, I would be most appreciative.

As to the father of the baby girl, is he still living in BJH's home? Just curious if anyone knows.

MOO
From the paper work it appears as if one father is listed, and Georgia requires a father to declare legitimation if the parents aren't married at the time of birth. It can be messy and frustrating in today's world. Anyway, my guess is that the bio father has not legitimated himself through the court.

Edit: .... At least at the time when the child support paper was filed. They might be in the process of doing so, since child support court is involved.

Last edited:
A couple of comments:

We have a septic tank that needed to be examined in June. It is still obvious that the ground has been disturbed in that area. I previously had the type with a lid...I find it hard to imagine LE would ignore this for an entire week if such a type existed on their property.

In Georgia we have Kinship foster care - the caregiver/relative receives $155/month for 1 child and $235 for two. If anyone really wants to delve into the benefits, this is the link: GeorgiaLegalAid.org | Free, easy to understand legal information and resources

IMHO - The fact that all activity is centered in the house/around the house indicates LE believes something happened there. They have disproven the idea that someone walked in and took Q. It's raining heavily in Georgia right now...so very, very sad.
Florida has a similar monetary arrangement for family caregivers. In order to get that monthly money you need to file for child support from the parents. I'm going to say from my experience that the $150 Mom was ordered to pay is based upon a minimum wage job even if she is unemployed.

While I recognize that everybody grieves and processes tragedy differently, seeing Q's mother show no urgency to find him and the new video of her covering her face is very concerning.
Exactly. I don't remember a case where a child goes missing and the mother of the child won't talk to the press etc.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

<modsnip: N/A -- referenced post # has changed due to moderation>

Understanding why the mother voluntarily handed over custody may also point to motive, if there was foul play.
This is important, imo.

LE bringing in dogs (Question: Are they HRD dogs ?) does not bode well.
None of LE's actions have pointed to a little toddler who may be alive and held somewhere.
This is my take on it, anyway.
So sorry for those children.
M00.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to sit on my hands after reading that article.

I do have a lot of faith in LE and how they are handling this case. I am anxious for the update tomorrow but know that a lot of work has been performed behind the scenes of this investigation.
bolding mine.
I'll join you.
Also agreed regarding the bolded.

There is way too much activity re. LE around that location for this to be a case of someone taking him.
From the beginning, I never thought a perp walked into an open door and took Quinton.

LE have not asked anyone to report if they saw a random stranger in the neighborhood who may have kidnapped this toddler, nor have they said to be on the lookout for cars in the neighborhood that didn't belong there.
So, based on their actions I think LE know what they have.
Proving it is another thing.

Following the actions of the media, and most importantly LE -- I think something sad happened !
As far as reporters, I surmise that they may know more than they're letting on in some cases.
M00.

The point I've been focused on is not whether the grandparents have legal custody or not. I believe they do. For me, the road to obtaining legal custody would give a much clearer picture of why.

For instance, in many cases CPS is involved and recommends to a court that custody be removed from mother.

In other cases a mother simply agrees to give legal custody to another.

As other here I also have been involved with foster care, including one that involved a relative of mine. The relative agreed to turn two of her children over to me. This was done in a lawyer's office, the lawyer sent it to a judge to legalize the agreement. CPS was not involved nor were there any restriction or conditions. (until relative decided she wanted to be a mother again. 2 years later. Then it ended with a court order custody.)
bolding mine.

Re. this entire post, I think you have valid points.

It's almost as if a perfect storm of domestic discord occurred that culminated in Quinton's disappearance.
Understanding most of all -- what changed in the custody arrangements very recently ?
Did someone not like the arrangements ?
Etc.
M00.

Last edited:
I'm glad that awful parents are still stupid and still use the ole "I woke up and my baby was gone" excuse. She even added the open door. (Yet no pleas for anyone to not harm him and to return him) No constant warnings to the locals from Police about a toddler snatcher being on the loose and to keep a closer eye on your kids and lock your doors.

These child threads are often so very similar. It's tragic & beyond sad that so many kids have such awful adults/parents/caregivers in their lives. Every time I'm on one of these threads I just want to go to my parents' house and hug them.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

meaww is not MSM. A thread specific exception was made in another case solely due to it being an interview with a well-known PI that Admins are familiar with.

One very good hint that a source will not be approved is when it contains links that say "legal custody" but the link goes to an article about Angelina and Brad, or a link that says "reported missing" that goes to an article about Kiely Rodni.

Members need to check out their sources themselves, and if you still can't decide, ask for pre-approval BEFORE posting and don't post it until you receive a response.

Thank you.

ETA: For members who want to be Mods please contact myself or Tricia to join our team of trained Moderators. Our Mods aren't just a bunch of pretty faces. If you aren't a WS trained Mod, do not try to control or moderate the discussion.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to sit on my hands after reading that article.

I do have a lot of faith in LE and how they are handling this case. I am anxious for the update tomorrow but know that a lot of work has been performed behind the scenes of this investigation.
The article has a typo, right? The mother has those charges, not the grandmother….?

It was an in ground pool. I believe someone posted a zillow listing of the home somewhere on the last thread.
Thank you.
So they drain the pool in search of any clue, post is made that has since been taken down about fixing a pool. Where is the pleading with the public about a missing child?
Instead a post about fixing a pool???????

ADMIN NOTE:

… very good hint that a source will not be approved is when it contains links that say "legal custody" but the link goes to an article about Angelina and Brad …
This is my nominee for the best admin post I’ve ever seen here!
My nominee for best post, and I think we will have near unanimity here, is that timeline. That is the best case timeline I have seen in a long while. Kudos to @wnk and posting the link here again in case it gets lost to newbies in such a fast moving thread. GA - GA - Quinton Simon, 1, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022 TIMELINE/MEDIA/MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

The article has a typo, right? The mother has those charges, not the grandmother….?

From what I have seen, these charges are BJH. She, like her daughter has children from 3 different men before her marriage to TH. Whatever is happening, there have been cultural patterns of the family long before LS. today... but imho, there have been lessons as well as patterns...

I am kindof relieved that msm has finally shown some of the history.... just so we can, at least consider, some of the ramifications of history and repeating history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear