Still Missing GA - Sabrina Long, 19, Macon, 14 Aug 1991 *Arrest in 2018*

So the girl that was arrested was a year behind Sabrina in High School, and lived less than a mile from her stepfather at the time.
The friend who Sabrina told her mom she was seeing -KL also lived about a mile from the stepfather.
KL always denied she was coming to see him, and passed a lie detector test. KL died last year after being hit by a train, and from all indications it was self inflicted.
Maybe, I am generalizing a bit but why would another female kidnap her? This was not some drug deal or anything shady gone awry. Was Melinda dating or involved with KL at the time. Is the motive jealousy related? Could KL's death been fueled by guilt of something involving Sabrina?

SL had received several obscene phone calls before her disappearance, it is amazing the number of murders that seem to be committed after a victim gets those kind of calls.
Maybe that is something people should take more seriously if they receive unpleasant calls, imo, speculation.
Jan 12 2019
CRIME HUNTER: High school heartache horror
"High school can be the most bitter of battlegrounds.

Raging hormones, small slights, and a buffet of cruelty.

"Snubs and hurts from those days can transcend decades, even a lifetime."
Over the intervening three decades, cops looked at the case. They looked again. And again.

But sometimes the answers are coloured outside the lines and need “fresh eyes.”
ch1-e1547223040760.jpg

Melinda McSwain can’t muster a smile for her mugshot.
ch4-1-e1547223121308.jpg

Man run over by train in Macon suicide linked to 1991 vanishing of Sabrina Long

For more than 27 years, few if any details emerged regarding the mysterious vanishing of Sabrina Long, who disappeared without a trace in August 1991.

But in a courtroom at the Bibb County jail on Thursday, surprising revelations came to light at a bond hearing for a woman arrested last fall and charged with murder in the decades-old cold case.

Melinda McSwain, a former Southwest High schoolmate of Long’s who was jailed in October in connection with Long’s kidnapping, has since been indicted on felony and malice murder charges.

The authorities on Thursday revealed that she has admitted to having a hand in Long’s death and disappearance.
---
But at Thursday’s hearing McSwain was linked to one of Long’s neighbors back in 1991, a boy named Keith Loyd, who was also a Southwest High schoolmate of Long’s.

In the early ‘90s, Loyd lived with his parents a few doors away from Long and her stepfather.

On Sept. 25, 2017, Loyd was struck by a freight train in what authorities have declared a suicide along some railroad tracks in downtown Macon.

McSwain was denied bond on Thursday, but in speaking to the judge and arguing on her behalf, defense attorney Gregory L. Bushway mentioned an apparent suicide note that Loyd left.
---
“One of the other people involved in this case is deceased,” Bushway said, “and apparently he left some letter indicating his responsibility in [the Long case], maybe indicating that Miss McSwain may have participated in this.”

“The defendant,” Hull informed the judge, “has given multiple statements to law enforcement in which she admits being involved in the kidnapping of Sabrina, and she has admitted being involved in her murder.”
---
Long was last seen alive the night of Aug. 14, 1991, when her boyfriend dropped her off at her stepdad’s place. She called her mom sometime around midnight and mentioned that she was going to see Loyd, her neighbor and friend. Loyd, Sabrina had said, wanted her to help him with a birthday gift for his mother.

“Sabrina told her mother that something seemed strange about Keith’s request,” Hull said, “and Sabrina said she would call her mom back after she talked to Keith (Loyd.)”

Sabrina never called back.
---
Hull said Loyd was scheduled to be questioned again in September 2017, but on the day of that interview Loyd committed suicide.

As a teen, Loyd lived a few houses away from Long — just around the corner on Greenleaf Drive, at the bottom end of Ashland Drive in deep southwest Macon.
---
After watching Thursday’s proceeding on a TV monitor at the jail, Sabrina’s mother, Sue Corley, described the revelation about Loyd as “surprising to say the least.”

“It makes me more curious,” she told The Telegraph, adding that Loyd had always been at least a peripheral suspect in her mind. “I’m surprised but I’m not surprised at this point. ... This guy was in my house and was friends with my child,” Corley said, “and I never saw anything like that in him.”
---
Hull, in successfully arguing against a bond for McSwain, said that there are “concerns if she were to be released that she would have the ability to tamper with or hide evidence, the location of which only she is familiar.”

Sabrina%20Long%20Front%20Page.jpg

Man run over by train in Macon suicide linked to 1991 vanishing of Sabrina Long

This is a case that should have been solved a long time ago. Keith Loyd lured her out of her house with that phony story about his mom's birthday present.
If you follow the social media of MM specifically an old twitter account, you can see how delusional and stalkerish she can be. I am surprised a certain celebrity did not have a restraining order against her. She reminds me of that nut job that killed actress Rebecca Schaeffer. MM probably orchestrated this and was the puppetmaster, and I bet even money the motive will be jealousy of a boy Sabrina was/or had been involved with. I believe there is a 3rd party involved, but more than likely in the aftermath coverup.

This is a case that should have been solved a long time ago. Keith Loyd lured her out of her house with that phony story about his mom's birthday present.
If you follow the social media of MM specifically an old twitter account, you can see how delusional and stalkerish she can be. I am surprised a certain celebrity did not have a restraining order against her. She reminds me of that nut job that killed actress Rebecca Schaeffer. MM probably orchestrated this and was the puppetmaster, and I bet even money the motive will be jealousy of a boy Sabrina was/or had been involved with. I believe there is a 3rd party involved, but more than likely in the aftermath coverup.

Could not agree with you more! That Twitter account is freaking bizarre. Looks like an account that a 9-year-old girl would have after first seeing Twilight. Totally strange. A couple of those tweets seem very telling now that she's been arrested for the murder of Sabrina Long.

I'm releasing a podcast about this case on Friday if anyone's interested in getting the full overview of this story (or at least what we know so far). Just search "True Crime Recaps" on iTunes or Spotify or Google Play to hear the show. CUH-razy...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 2.56.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 2.56.42 PM.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 2.44.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 2.44.02 PM.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
I just learned about this case on Criminally listed YouTube. Today. Right off I was suspicious about the Kl,and his alibi. So he passed a polygraph, Gary Ridgeway passed two polygraphs,and as far alibis go there enough times that they were impreachable.
Looked up the case,and learned about the arrest.
I'm thinking this is another Diane Zamora/David Graham kind of thing. Only KL was overwhelmed with guilt,and regret. Amanda just looks POed in her mugshot like she's angry that the ghost was given up.
I hope Sabrina,and her family see justice,and they get to look Amanda straight in the her cold mean eyes as it gets served.
MOO

If this case received 1/1000th of the attention of Gabby Petito it would result in the conviction of MM and any other living accomplices.

Don't see any updates on trial.... Any locals have news regarding this?

She has not gone to trial, and I am trying to determine if they dropped the charges against her.
It would be a shame if they did, but its a tough case to prove with her accomplice taking his life previously.

This one is personal for me as I have family that is/was related to her.
I am glad that some people still care enough to ask and look into this.
This case was very solvable when it occurred.

I found this :Clipped from the Charley Project article about Sabrina.
-----------------------------------
In August 2021, after nearly three years in custody, McSwain was released from jail on a $100,000 bond pending her trial. She will be on home confinement until then. The judge who granted her application for bail noted the case against her was very weak and said he didn't think it was triable without further evidence.

I just saw mention of this case on Reddit, a family member was asking advice on body recovery. I don’t see anywhere here or in the media about it but hopefully they’ll be able to recover her body soon. Such a sad case, extra sad that it took so long for an arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back