GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was somewhat under the impression it happened on their property. And I think that's why there's not much DNA (although didn't SS say there was some?). I was thinking that whoever did it didn't even go in the house. I was at first thinking this was done by a young person, probably on meth, that went there to steal something, or just very mad at Mr. D - but now I think it was planned and hired out to someone. It seems to be whoever wanted it done, did not want any bullets or any way to have it traced back to them.

I believe the article said in the early stages of this investigation/crime that the body had been moved a few feet?? So i have been under the impression that it occurred on the property, not sure why they'd bring him back to his house after teh deed, maybe outside the garage/yard or just moved a few feet away from that spot for whatever reason, might have had a blood drag marks possibly

JMHO

I believe the article said in the early stages of this investigation/crime that the body had been moved a few feet?? So i have been under the impression that it occurred on the property, not sure why they'd bring him back to his house after teh deed, maybe outside the garage/yard or just moved a few feet away from that spot for whatever reason, might have had a blood drag marks possibly

JMHO

That was my impression, too. Mr. D was killed in the yard, dragged a few feet to the garage. I wonder if the D's had their garage door open (sometimes we do when we're at home and hubby is cleaning the car or golf clubs). I really doubt the perp went in the house. No one heard a gunshot to my knowledge, so I'm thinking blunt force trauma. Same for Mrs. D and it must have been thought out ahead of time to put her in the water to throw LE off. Who would plan this except someone who was expecting $$$. I have my own suspicions but can't say on here.

That was my impression, too. Mr. D was killed in the yard, dragged a few feet to the garage. I wonder if the D's had their garage door open (sometimes we do when we're at home and hubby is cleaning the car or golf clubs). I really doubt the perp went in the house. No one heard a gunshot to my knowledge, so I'm thinking blunt force trauma. Same for Mrs. D and it must have been thought out ahead of time to put her in the water to throw LE off. Who would plan this except someone who was expecting $$$. I have my own suspicions but can't say on here.

Me too :)

About any gunshot, people use guns often around the lake, snakes, firecrackers/works too throughout the year, not always at night, but i think if someone had heard a gunshot nearby during this timeframe of the D's murders, they would have probably remembered it but then again might've been hard to say where it came from, except "close by", and then there is the silencers and I know people who have them

At any rate, LE must have reason to believe it was not a gunshot and like you said, BFT

If gunshot inside, there would have been more blood splatter I think, but there was some blood or splatter in side the garage IIRC but not much or enough to indicate it happened in the garage

can't see someone dragging a headless body around town, had to be in the yard or depending on the type of murder, possibly inside garage too IMO

WIsh we'd hear something sooon

I don't want to sound like I'm that far out in left field, but the only other reason I can think of for someone taking the head besides of course wanting to hide the evidence (and if it wasn't a bullet, then why bother?), so I think it was a trophy or a reason to show proof, can I have my money now? I'm in too deep, I guess. I just continue to be surprised at the lack of media attention, more investigations from the family, it's starting to feel like "oh well...". :(

I think the killer came by boat and left by boat. I think the head was taken along with Shirley to throw LE off the trail of who the murderer really is.

Whatever the killer(s) did to throw LE off their trail, it's working.

I guess you have to follow the evidence, when there isn't any, first things first, I guess that would be phone and bank records.............of course, what do you do next if that is a dead end, gotta look at other angles too

When you are in the midst of something, not utilizing all your sources, you might miss something, you know the saying " 2 heads are better than one" in this case 3 would be better (gbi)

but i agree, so far it's indeed working

Sheriff of the Year 2013 - Howard Sills <VIDEO>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Md1kqgvgY#t=900

<BBM for Focus>
http://www.examiner.com/article/put...sills-profile-of-cop-over-dermond-couple-case

May 15, 2014 - Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills: Profile of cop over Dermond couple case

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills is an enigma to the hundreds of news journalists reporting about him and the bizarre murder and missing person case he is currently overseeing in the state of Georgia. And the local paper, the Eatonton Messenger, says the Southern sheriff has said he isn't talking anymore about the case until he has something to talk about.

>

snipped and BBM

Well how could he???? but this is a bit unsettling.................they have no leads.............

Happy, I'm with you! It's like the Dermonds have been forgotten. I'm sure it's eating at SS, but you would think at this point all those things he was investigating would be pointing in some solid direction.

I assume the motive was money or something of value - such as gold Mr. Dermond may or may not have had. Again, SS said nothing looked touched in the house. Cleanest crime scene he'd ever seen, or something like that. Just doesn't make sense to go to all that trouble of killing two elderly people and decapitating one for nothing, unless the plan was to put the fear of God in the entire community.

I think it was planned too. I also think the killers got what they came for - SS just doesn't know what that was, nor do we.

"Sheriff Sills said they will also re-interview anyone who worked for the Dermonds.

"We're trying to find somebody who would have some knowledge of a person or persons who would have some animosity towards them," said Sheriff Sills.

The Dermonds' home which was once valued more than $1 million is now listed for sale for $769,000.

The reward for information leading to a conviction is now up to $60,000.00."

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/27981671...tors-take-second-look-at-family#ixzz3ROIeSnPG

I'd be raising a stink if this was my mother and father. I wish the Dermonds' story would also make the ID channel to raise more awareness in their case.

I know one of the family members through work. They don't work with me, but i deal with them on a work basis. Every time I see or talk with the individual, i ask if there has been any news. Always no, nothing. I take it as if the family knew anything they were being tight lipped or they know nothing from LE.
Haven't spoken to the person since December, and I just ask the last time any news and they answered no. So many questions I would love to ask, but I feel it's just too impersonal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I wouldn't be satisfied with the lack of results from SS - I would spend every last penny I had to get the best investigator on this. I can't think of his name right now but there is one that has been on Dateline a number of times, he never gives up and comes up with great theories. I just cannot understand why they aren't more involved and why SS is keeping everything to himself. Can't he even tell the public that the family has been "thoroughly" investigated, grandchildren and all?? Have they?

I know one of the family members through work. They don't work with me, but i deal with them on a work basis. Every time I see or talk with the individual, i ask if there has been any news. Always no, nothing. I take it as if the family knew anything they were being tight lipped or they know nothing from LE.
Haven't spoken to the person since December, and I just ask the last time any news and they answered no. So many questions I would love to ask, but I feel it's just too impersonal.

Can you ask if they have hired a PI to look into things? I understand if you can't. What happened to investigative reporters?

Can you ask if they have hired a PI to look into things? I understand if you can't. What happened to investigative reporters?

I will ask, I should be talking to them, "work related" this week.

That would be great. I'm trying to think of what else can be done? I'd write a letter to SS if I thought it would help.

My theory remains the same as it was from the very beginning. I believe this was a thrill kill by someone who stalked the Dermonds beforehand. I believe the person lives on the lake, possibly part-time. Someone there on week-ends and holidays when their job provides time to get away. I am not so sure that Mrs. Dermond was not meant to be found. I have other ideas related to this theory. I know this is just one idea among many that may be the true case. But, I still believe the murderer stalked them, knew their property, knew their habits, knew they lived alone, came and left by the lakeside, planned everything meticulously, and may or may not have had some perceived problem with the Dermonds, but that they were primarily chosen because they were elderly, lived alone, secluded property, had been observed by the perp., perp. was a familiar stranger who killed for the evil inside him.

BBM... Great question!

'Seems the logical course of action months ago! (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Happyshoes View Post

That would be great. I'm trying to think of what else can be done? I'd write a letter to SS if I thought it would help.

BBM... Great question!

'Seems the logical course of action months ago! (imo)

Imo, the logical course of action would be for Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, to request GBI Investigators to assist in the investigation. Their services are free, and unlike a private investigator, the GBI agents would be privy to all evidence and information gathered initially in the case and over the ten months since this heinous crime.. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74