GUILTY GA - Skylar Dials, 9, Griffin, 21 December 2012

I'm sorry but no one can give any reason to me that can justify his actions.

I don't think anyone is giving any reasons to justify his actions. The folks who question his state of mind are instead looking for reasons to explain his actions. Big difference.

Also from article.....

As Robin Goen pulled out of her driveway Friday, a new neighbor ran up with an urgent question.

“Have you seen a little girl?” the neighbor asked

Like others in the Williamson community, Shane Collett joined law enforcement authorities in the search for Skylar as dusk approached Friday.

Moore, one of the neighbors, said that when he saw Collett, “he was standing there like nothing had happened.”

“Everything was normal,” Moore said. “You would never, ever think –.” His voice trailed off.

When Collett stopped Goen on Friday, she said, he never used Skylar’s name and simply said the girl “never made it to the house.”

Collett remained in jail without bond Sunday. Neighbors said police took him into custody Friday evening, apparently a few hours before state game wardens located Skylar’s body behind a pile of logging debris.

I wonder whether he confessed once he was taken into custody (or right before). It had surprised me that LE charged him with murder even though they said Skylar's body had no outward signs of injury. If he confessed, then that would explain it.

I wonder whether he confessed once he was taken into custody (or right before). It had surprised me that LE charged him with murder even though they said Skylar's body had no outward signs of injury. If he confessed, then that would explain it.

I'm betting they have a pretty good idea about COD, but are waiting for "official" word. That's a smart move by LE. And, by the way, Sheriff Beam impressed me as being a great guy. Those guys see a lot of ugly... bad people & horrendous acts... but he was very moved speaking about this little girl.

My opinion is it was sexually motivated. She arrived when he was the only person at home & he attacked. I do hope those marks on his face were put there by Skylar as she fought him off & his skin & blood are on her hands & under her fingernails. I hope & pray he does not get a plea bargain. I am sorry he lost a daughter, but this is about little Skylar
Dials who it seems had a lot of challenges in her short life.

I hope this gets the death penalty. I think Georgia still has the death penalty, this deserves it.

I also feel for the friend Skylar was going to visit. Mom's boyfriend, or Grandpa's tenant, either way the bf or tenant killed her friend. An awful thing for a child to have to live with that type of monster existed in her home.

Muder, rape & kidnapping are death penalty offences in the state of Georgia. In 2011 4 inmates were exectuted by lethal injection ( one man had been there since 1980). one died of natural causes & I think there were 5 whose sentences were overturned. I do not have numbers for this year.

It's my opinion that the needle is much too easy a way to go. Being sedated & falling asleep before the heart-stopping chemicals are injected may be final, but not as scarey as "old sparky". The victims certainly got no mercy from the killers & rapists.... I did not arrive at this viewpoint easily, in fact. I was very much against the death penalty. After much debate with a friend I began to doubt my stance & spent a bit of time with the protesters at the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee in the days before Spenkelink( first death warrent signed after death penalty was re-instated ) was executed. Pros were on one side of the street & antis on the other (I also got some great photos). Anyway, I now support the death penalty & I believe child killers should be the first to go. I know there are a lot of WSers who see it differently.

ETA: I think there are 90+ currently on GAs death row.

noZme - I am on your side...This should FEEL something, like his victim, when he goes...and go he must.

Could this man have been responsible for his own daughters death years ago?

Good Lord, I hope not. Perhaps LE needs to check around the places he has lived and see if there are any disabled children (especially young girls) missing.

Facebook for the little girl in the pictures found on Shane Colletts FB:

Bethany

In the about:
I was a sweet little girl. I blessed everyone I met. At the very tender age of 4, just before my 5th birthday, God called me home. It hurt my family so very much, but I'm in a far better place now. I was born Februray 17, 2002 to Angel and Shane Collett. I was born with Cerebral Palsy, Hydrocephelius, and Epilepsy. I stayed very sick during my 4 yrs of life. I was very loved. I was followed in death by my wonderful great-grandmother, my Nanny. Please don't feel sorry for me, I am in Heaven with my Creator. I'm smiling down on all my loved ones, waiting for the day I can be reunited with them.

-----
Ok, so he had a daughter who died. She would have been nine years old this year. And her parents created a FB profile for a four year old dead child. Not a "page", but a profile.

The circumstances of this girl and the fact that he killed Skylar is just very disturbing and I think he is very mentally ill. Did he just snap?
------------------
Whatever happened to, "innocent until proven guilty"? What do you know about Shane or about this case for that matter? You want to bash Shane? Fine. But leave his child, who he loved very much and gave all his time and attention to, out of this! Shame on you and any others on this site for saying one derogatory thing about this, sweet, innocent, short lived child!!

------------------
Whatever happened to, "innocent until proven guilty"? What do you know about Shane or about this case for that matter? You want to bash Shane? Fine. But leave his child, who he loved very much and gave all his time and attention to, out of this! Shame on you and any others on this site for saying one derogatory thing about this, sweet, innocent, short lived child!!

Welcome to Websleuths Circleoffire. Please understand that we here look for possible motives when these type of terrible crimes happen and I can assure you no one means to speak ill of his sweet little girl who passed. It sounds as if you are local and may know some of the people involved by your tone. If this is true I highly encourage you to pm a moderator and find out about becoming a verified insider. We could definitely use your perspective to help figure out why this happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Facebook for the little girl in the pictures found on Shane Colletts FB:

Bethany

In the about:
I was a sweet little girl. I blessed everyone I met. At the very tender age of 4, just before my 5th birthday, God called me home. It hurt my family so very much, but I'm in a far better place now. I was born Februray 17, 2002 to Angel and Shane Collett. I was born with Cerebral Palsy, Hydrocephelius, and Epilepsy. I stayed very sick during my 4 yrs of life. I was very loved. I was followed in death by my wonderful great-grandmother, my Nanny. Please don't feel sorry for me, I am in Heaven with my Creator. I'm smiling down on all my loved ones, waiting for the day I can be reunited with them.

-----

Ok, so he had a daughter who died. She would have been nine years old this year. And her parents created a FB profile for a four year old dead child. Not a "page", but a profile.

The circumstances of this girl and the fact that he killed Skylar is just very disturbing and I think he is very mentally ill. Did he just snap?

Check out the person making all of the comments....she is a family member whose name starts with a S. I think she created the page; not one of the child's parents.

IDK. Considering her health conditions, it's likely she died of a respiratory illness since her mobility appeared to be limited. But, anything is possible, including what someone with a sick mind may have considered a "mercy" killing. :(

If the offense against Skylar was sexual in nature, I wonder if he'd also been molesting his GF's daughter. Skylar and her aunt expected the neighbor girl to be at home the morning she disappeared. Why wasn't the girl and her mother at home? If the man had been molesting the other girl and she wasn't home, maybe Skylar became the "proxy" as he saw opportunity.

Don't know what to think. Just senseless.

I think the sheriff or someone said there would be details released today. Little Skylar has weighed heavy on my heart through the holiday.

Im not getting the vibe of someone who snapped. I get the feeling that this was a long time coming and possibly those that let this monster move in with them had no clue. I think those that have been knowing him know the type of scum he is.

I cant help but think if his daughter was forced to not only face life with a disability but also forced to deal with an abusive father. Whether Skylar was sexually abused or not he still had it in him to kill her( even if he did not intend to kill her but just hit her and it resulted in her death), cover up what he did and then throw himself into finding her as if he had no clue what happened to her.

Man confesses to killing Spalding County girl

Spalding County sheriff's investigators said Shane Clifton Collett confessed to killing 9-year-old Skyler Dials.

Investigators believe marks on Collett's face, seen in his mug shot, were from when he tried to move Skylar's body.

Collett has no previous arrests.

He is still in Spalding County Jail with no bond. A preliminary hearing will likely be on Jan. 8 or Jan. 10.

Spalding County Sheriff's Captain Tony Ranieri said they will not release a cause of death until the trial. Ranieri said there was no evidence of sexual assault.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20428386/man-confesses-to-killing-spalding-county-girl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back