GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:fftopic:
This is a question for Salem or any mod who might be closing these threads and making a new one

These threads are moving so quickly that I am having trouble finding the current one. :hanging: When you close one and start a new, could you post the link to the new thread in the last post before closing the thread? I sometimes have to scroll back quite a way to find the link to the next one. (Or maybe enlarge the text on the link and bold it so it stands out more?)

Or is there another easy way to find the current thread? I do subscribe, but almost every day I find it to be closed and have to search for the new one. Thank you! :tyou:

I can't find a mod so I will whine on your post my SMILIES quit working, grrrr , Android get on it. Please and thank you, cherry on top. The mods put the link to a new thread before they close out the old. Or you can go to Websleuths.com/net and find the link there.

That is awesome. How often do they get that stuff on tape? So I guess it was in the station house.

Thanks. I needed clarity.

In most of the trials I have watched there is usually video or at the least audio. Not 100% of time, but close.

ETA Jodi Arias doing a head stand is a classic. imo :D

I can't find a mod so I will whine on your post my SMILIES quit working, grrrr , Android get on it. Please and thank you, cherry on top. The mods put the link to a new thread before they close out the old. Or you can go to Websleuths.com/net and find the link there.
lol It is . and I think he has his hands full at the moment.. :) Lots going on here!

I am certain RH's *advertiser censored*/texting habits preceded his visit to Atlanta. Most men with these issues start young and carry them into their marriages (at least, that's what I learned from the churchgoing sex-addicts group). I wonder, however, if he was using Kik or Skout back in Tuscaloosa? The move from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta removed him from his family network and provided him with a broader range of anonymity and lack of accountability. His family and brother weren't there, and, like many young people in flux, his identity became more fluid.

Sociologists often draw relationships between addictive behaviors increasing after moves to big cities. I think RH would have done better to stay in his hometown, where grandparents and extended family and friendship networks would have helped him and LH with CH and where he wouldn't have been able to drift quite so much into doing whatever suited his fancy.

I think this is a struggle for many young people (though certainly not for all of them).

Whatever our loyalties to our hometowns, sports teams, whatever, we should be able to discuss their differences without identifying with a city in a way that renders comment or discussion impossible. I'm one of those strange gypsies that lacks any loyalty to towns or cities- my only loyalty is to people. I apologize if I have offended anyone who feels strongly about Atlanta. I was just trying to look at the environmental differences that might trigger latent drives or behaviors.

So let's just assume that every city is different, and that people from smaller towns where strip clubs are illegal might have their imaginations excited by what they find in a big city. It might give us insight.

Atlanta ranked no.1 for human trafficking: A new federal study says Atlanta had the country's largest sex trade.
http://buckhead.patch.com/groups/po...no-1-for-sex-trafficking-conventions-to-blame

Atlanta sees 79 percent increase in rape cases :And an explanation remains elusive
http://clatl.com/atlanta/atlanta-sees-79-percent-increase-in-rape-cases/Content?oid=4333688

In most of the trials I have watched there is usually video or at the least audio. Not 100% of time, but close.

ETA Jodi Arias doing a head stand is a classic. imo :D

Yes true. I was thinking of the Spouse saying something incredibly incriminating.. But yep, good point. All these masterminds with diarrhea of the mouth.

That is awesome. How often do they get that stuff on tape? So I guess it was in the station house.

Thanks. I needed clarity.

Just wanted to add...that the detective testified that while Russ was waiting to be interviewed, he paced, he rubbed his eyes, he took some deep breaths...
Didn't produce a single tear.

So much for being stoic. I tend to be a private crier. I know all about trying to hold it together in front of others. At the first opportunity to be alone...after the crisis... I am a snotty wet mess.
Not Russ. He was checking out a map...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't need an att. to tell the truth on the stand,if I was totally innocent, especially a criminmal defense att. If I was innocent, no one could change my truth, not even my hubby's defense att. Guess we know where Cooper's life insurance is going. Did the little guy even get a gravestone?

I contend innocent people, but are suspects in a crime do need an attorney. They need help understanding the legal system, why things are happening (court proceedings, legal filings, etc). I generally get frustrated w/ defense attorneys but they do have a place in our legal system. IMO they keep the government (LEO and DA) honest, or they should. All sides should be working for the truth, whatever that may be.

They weren't standing knowingly in front of police. They were in a room with a two way mirror and recording devices.
They also placed Russ in that room alone and made him wait to be questioned. They watched & recorded his actions.

Wouldn't RH's 5 odd years working with his brother in the police department have exposed him to these practices? I just can't believe they were that naive- not when RH knew the lingo and regularly hung out with his brother, Sgt. Bayrents, at the police department. JMO. And I've certainly been wrong many times before. :thinking:

Maybe she got an attorney because she knows what is going down here. She is expecting to be arrested and maybe hoping for a deal to be cut. Clearly her attorney would prefer her to turn on her husband and testify against him but if she had conspired with him to kill their son there is the fear that he might do the same.

Yes, and her attorney can get a heads up and she can quietly turn herself in, perhaps avoiding a perp walk.

The problem with that is Casey googled "foolproof suffocation" shortly before Caylee was murdered. Work times were checked and corroborated regarding Cindy and George's work schedule during the exact time of that search. Cindy also perjured herself on the stand about the chloroform search they were both at work, during both searches.

Casey did those searches and premeditated the murder of her child. Either that or she is psychic and has the worst luck in the world. Just like RH.

Accidentally on purpose :wink:

Has anyone seen this? If so I apologize. After reading the article I just want to :pullhair: after I :puke: !!!!!

Married dad who left his son to die in hot car 'describes himself as "harmless" on dating app profile'

On the page, he calls himself 'RJ' and says he lives in Smyrna, which is close to where he lives in Marietta with his wife, Leanna.

He writes that he is 27 - although Harris is 33 - and calls his body type: 'More to love.'

'Just looking to talk,' he writes in the 'About' section. 'Message me, I'm harmless.'
In a comment, he admits he is married although a wedding ring is not visible in any of his pictures.
'Yes I'm married,' he wrote eight months ago.
According to the time stamps on his profile, Harris has been on the app for a year or longer and it was last updated five months ago, HLN reported.

Stoddard said he had spoken with one of the women who had met the man - whom she knew as Ross - through Skout.
She said 'that he wanted to hook up with her', Stoddard said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...armless-dating-app-profile.html#ixzz375fNPqw9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aww poor guy must have not been having too much luck...

But his latest post suggests he wasn't having the best luck.
'If you don't want to talk please just say so. Being ignored is the worst,' he wrote.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...armless-dating-app-profile.html#ixzz375fjXvY7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I bet they would get good info if they talked to the parents and friends of the girlfriend who ditched him.

I know I would have plenty to say about my daughter's ex fiancee from 20 years ago who is a lot like JRH except my daughter's ex fiancee was good looking and had a good personality so he did not need the internet to get women. The pathological lying, inflating education and job changes every two years are the same as well as the going nowhere fast.

Reminds me of Mark Hacking, how he lied about his education. I don't think the cases are similar, but the personalities are similar. I wonder if RH's family is like MH family. MH's brother took him to the police after MH confessed to him. I do wonder what RH's brother has had to say to him since the PC hearing.

The one comment under that Daily Mail article says exactly what I'm thinking!

Wouldn't RH's 5 odd years working with his brother in the police department have exposed him to these practices? I just can't believe they were that naive- not when RH knew the lingo and regularly hung out with his brother, Sgt. Bayrents, at the police department. JMO. And I've certainly been wrong many times before. :thinking:

This is exactly what happens when people (narcissists) truly believe they are smarter than everyone else.
Should he have known? Of course, I would hope anyone that ever watched an Episode of Law & Order would have more insight than Russ demonstrated.
I think, he believed, in true narcissistic fashion, that he was such a brilliant actor he would just spin his tale, police would sympathize with him and he would skate on out of there that night.

He certainly was dismayed & upset he was passed over for that promotion and didn't land that other job he had interviewed for. he obviously thought he was a terrific employee too!

All IMO

If it goes to trial, I'm quite sure you'll hear it;)

Yes...the two of them were reunited in a room they apparently thought was private! lol
Him with his background in "law enforcement" did not know that there is NO PRIVACY in a police station...

Lmao!

Not only did she say, 'Well, did you say too much?', she also said to Ross: 'I dreaded how he'd look':

Ross told Leanna that Cooper looked peaceful and said, "I dreaded how he would look," Stoddard said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/leanna-harris-5-questions/

Originally Posted by sahlibrarian
"Kilgore said Harris had also sent his wife a text that afternoon asking, 'When are you going to pick up my buddy?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ering-SUV.html
Your link doesn't work. Welcome to Websleuths!!

The link worked fine for me.

I wonder if we will learn if this alleged "text" was a phone text or IM text (instand message text) from a different service or device. The police will find this out soon enough I guess .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member