GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made myself more angry!
" Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html
The LOWEST level. where they should be for a newborn!!!
So he wanted to make certain that Cooper could not possibly wiggle out from those straps.
Sounds like malice to me, not only did he know it was too small, but he must have had to place the straps back.in the lowest position he or Leanna one.
Secured him tightly and gave him a kiss.
Disgusting!
dumupy7y.jpg

http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/KF-naked-1.JPG

That picture tells a thousand words...that poor baby!

When my ladies were born 23 years ago I remember Gerber. Life insurance paperwork~~i didnt look at it at that time but perhaps?

I'm not a superstitious person, I'm an atheist...yet when I received the Gerber insurance mailing, I threw it in the trash! I had two friends in the insurance business try to sell me life insurance for my child...I said no.
It just FEELS wrong on so many levels to me. Even though perfectly normal sane parents buy insurance, I'm not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what we learned today, if Leanna were innocent, I would have expected her reaction to be "What do you mean he never brought Cooper in? He texted just a little while ago asking me when I was picking him up?" At this point I suspect she would begin to panic, and start calling Ross.

If it were me, no way I would be calm. If I couldn't reach him right away, I believe she said it was going straight to voicemail, I would call 911 right then and report my baby missing. I would also be asking the daycare if they had called Ross and asked why Cooper wasn't there. I can't believe that is not a requirement. Back when I used daycare, you were charged a fee if you didn't call your kid in absent. I don't know if they would have called when my kids were absent, because I was too poor to pay that fee! I called first thing in the morning!

Personally, having this "accident" so soon after supposedly researching how not to, well I'm sorry but that doesn't pass muster. You would be more apt to remember than to forget, if that makes sense, because it would be fresh in your mind.

Finally, I don't believe any of the purported theories on why Ross may have done this. He didn't do it because he wanted to be "child-free". He didn't do it to collect the life insurance. While I think he found those things to be convenient benefits, they were not his main motive.

He wanted to kill. He wanted to make someone suffer. This must be the most horrendous way for someone to kill a child that I can think of. The fact that he spent all day in a sexual frenzy does not surprise me at all. Cooper was the most defenseless option available to him.

What Leanna's motives may be totally escape me at the moment.

BTW, does anyone know any of the Harris' birthdays? Cooper, Ross and Leanna I mean. If so, could you pm me? I'd be grateful!

Love your post. But now i'm wondering what his 'main motive' would have been....hhmm. smh man.

Hi friends :seeya:

I've been reading about this case in the news and I'm watching the probable cause hearing -- just thought to look and see if there's a WS thread (of course there is!)

I'm going to go ahead and rush to judgment and say this guy is a monster and this was a premeditated murder. I think the wife is a co-conspirator. I could be wrong about the wife - depending on what evidence is brought forth - but that's my impression so far.

P.S. I love the shiny new board :)

Good to see you again Minor :seeya: And I agree

Complicit, may even be the brains ..
Considered seriously SHE wanted rid of them both.

Hmm. Good point - have husband murder the baby and husband goes away for life. Anxious to learn more about what they find on her.

Hmm. Good point - have husband murder the baby and husband goes away for life. Anxious to learn more about what they find on her.

He's gonna toss her under the bus soon. IMO

She clearly knew. And he will not be willing to take the rap alone. No way!

All IMO

I just made myself more angry!
" Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html
The LOWEST level. where they should be for a newborn!!!
So he wanted to make certain that Cooper could not possibly wiggle out from those straps.
Sounds like malice to me, not only did he know it was too small, but he must have had to place the straps back.in the lowest position he or Leanna one.
Secured him tightly and gave him a kiss.
Disgusting!
dumupy7y.jpg

http://carseatblog.com

So its been stated the rear facing seat was in mom's car until two weeks prior to the 18th when she swapped seats for the forward one in his vehicle to travel home to AL. This rear seat was his original infant seat. Either he moved the straps back down or Cooper was traveling around in HER vehicle like that all along. Speaks volumes for the attentive parenting skills, or lack thereof.

As usual I am way, way behind so this may already have been brought up but... lol I took notes on the hearing yesterday and what I have typed was "JRH phone records show around 4 missed calls from LH, they played phone tag, talked for abt 1 minute at 4:04 pm" (picking up his "buddy" question? idk, i didn't note that), but then I noted "3:45 - chats online with movie friends and says he will be late for movie (before he got off work and finds Cooper?). JRH stated he left work early to get to the movies and beat the rush. He left work at 4:16 and it takes less than 10 mins to get to movies. This was within 9 mins of call to LH"

I was typing in a hurry and maybe missed something but if my notes are correct it was a call and not a text, and it was a little after 4:00.

The text was brought up by the defense attorney. The cops found no such text, but Harris himself claims he sent one.

First impression - co-conspirator. I've thought that from the first news reports. This was planned by both of them.

Ditto, many thought the same and were very uncomfortable sitting on our hands for so long not being able to say so;)

Just found out my nephew's wife knows these people. Yuck!

RH made sure Cooper wouldn't be able to wiggle out or undo straps! Evil monster!

I can't think of any excuse for LH saying what she did to her husband. JMO, they planned this. I just cannot figure out why.

I cannot comprehend it either. They only reason, purpose, would be they wanted to go their own ways separately ( split the money), or he became a problem with their lifestyle. Wonder what's on her phone, private sites._k_nk:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73