GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too and people who don't know me call me paranoid. But once they do know me they listen.

The Cobb County Magistrate's Office today released 18 new search warrants in the case against Tuscaloosa native Justin Ross Harris, 33. Harris is charged with murder and child cruelty in the June 18 death of Cooper.

"Through the investigation Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it,'' according to one of the search warrant affidavits.

bbm

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html

I'm bottle feeding pigs that the sow abandoned. PIGS for God's sake!! Did the whole up every two hours feeding them. They turn 5 weeks old Tuesday and I'm trying to wean them off the bottle. The darn things know my voice, know my footsteps, and are living in my house!!! PIGS!!! And someone can kill a human child without blinking an eye. I just don't comprehend. I just can't. Too much evil in this world. I'm ready to hide on a plantation with my head stuck in the clouds!!! When will this end??? How many more innocent children are going to be murdered?? WHY, dear Lord, WHY

rsbm Awww, 2Hope4 - I love this. I do wildlife rehab and we are super busy in the summer. I have a ton of baby birds that I do home care for. When the revelations about this "dad" came out, I immediately thought about the conundrum I was in a couple of weeks ago when we were taking the kids to a theme park during the day.

I didn't want the birds to be hungry all day while we were gone, so I thought about bringing them along in the car and popping out every 2 hours or so to feed them. It was about 75 and sunny that day and I decided that these poor baby birds would absolutely roast in the car so that was a no-go. I eventually decided to pay the teenage neighbor to babysit my birds.

I anguished for hours over how I was going to keep these freaking birds comfortable while I was gone for the day. I *knew* that keeping them in the car was a bad idea. I am so completely befuddled and horrified. This whole thing just reads like a badly-written Lifetime movie. Just incomprehensible.

Not a bad gig for Mom. Childless. Husbandless (assuming he is convicted) Oh and the Insurance money GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! I am Canadian and have had this discussion long ago on another case as far as life Insurance on an Infant. Many Americans I posted with never heard of insuring a child. Anyhoo it is common up here. Infant must be 10 days old and you attach a rider to your own Policy. It's a dollar a month. Well I should say when my grown Children were born. It was a 5 thousand dollar policy to cover Funeral Expenses if god forbid something happened. When your young with babies a Funeral expense can be devastating for some on top of a tragedy. The policy in this case IMO was nothing but a money grab. IMO.
ETA-a money grab for someone

Can you get double-indemnity on life insurance for children?

i am dealing with this RIGHT now. putting aside issues with my mother who is vile and loved by many @@ (my own personal experience that has taught me how to read people)
i know a woman whom i knew right away upon meeting her that she was 'off' and that i needed to keep my distance because i knew it would end badly. i tried warning a mutal friend but that friend (who's husband is running for congress) continually said "oh she is so nice and always helping us, blah blah blah blah". i kept warning her. i kept declining invites to events and activities because this 'off woman' would be there as her guest and i wanted no part of any interaction or association. this week, my friend got burned BADLY because of this woman and it is causing issues for her husband's political campaign! the first thing she said to me was: i should have listened to you.

i can spot 'off' people upon meeting them the first time - every time. my circle of 'friends' and 'acquaintances' is rather small - on purpose.

I think when you've actually dealt with a sociopath or a NPD type person that the whole world thinks is wonderful and get burned badly, you look back on why you were so easily duped and you can see those issues in other people as well much more easily. It's funny my prediction of this guy was that he "escaped through the internet" "watching videos or something" and that he was depressed and not that interested in his son based on that picture. Well now we know exactly what he was escaping himself into. It's creepy.

The only reason I'm not 100% on the bandwagon that his wife was involved is that she looks like a delusional moron to me. If he told her he was having psychic dreams about him leaving the child in the car, she's probably too stupid to realize that "it ain't a premonition sweetie" when the kid shows up missing from day care a few days later. But I'm pretty much 98% sure she's involved because I trust Detective Stoddard's judgement.

One last thing I thought was ironic

Don't you all think it's very weird that the witness who testified that RH was sincere in his reaction to the death of his son was extremely melodramatic and fake sounding on the witness stand? I mean I wanted the guy to go away, we was totally uncredible and seemed like he enjoyed the attention.

If I was the DA and he was a witness again I'd ask him this "Mr. So So, how would you characterize your testimony right now? Would you say that you are coming across as sincere or melodramatic." Just him saying his own behavior looked "sincere" would show the jury how off the mark his judgment is. The guy was a looooon! LOL

The warrants also focused on the car seat itself. "Harris was questioned regarding the car seat that the child was seated in. Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html

The Cobb County Magistrate's Office today released 18 new search warrants in the case against Tuscaloosa native Justin Ross Harris, 33. Harris is charged with murder and child cruelty in the June 18 death of Cooper.

"Through the investigation Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it,'' according to one of the search warrant affidavits.

bbm

The article in your link states toward the end (BBM):

"The warrants also focused on the car seat itself. "Harris was questioned regarding the car seat that the child was seated in. Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."

In other words he strapped him in as tightly as he possibly could. :rage:

Whoa....under participated threads on my tapatalk...top three are current, the rest are in reverse order from my first post~made in 2005!
Talk about a blast from the past!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the life insurance policy. WTF? How do they allow a freakin' life insurance policy on a baby that exceeds the cost of a funeral? Who in the hell is going to spend $25,000 on a child's funeral. There is no reason there should ever be a policy where a parent can MAKE MONEY off the death of their child? With spouses it makes sense that you need the money if the husband or wife contributed economically to the household. But a baby????:banghead::aktion1:

Just processing all that was revealed today. I know this has been said before, but humor me! I'm late to the gathering!

I'm imagining a scenario. I arrive at daycare, and the workers said "X didn't come today. Your husband didn't bring him".

My confused/panicky response might be:

- What do you mean X didn't come today? Are you saying my husband never came this morning?? (Shock, repeating the message.)

- Where is X then?

- Why didn't my husband bring him?

- Has my husband called? Where are they?

- Did you call my husband? What's going on?

- He's really not here all day?? He never came at all? Ok, I'm calling my husband right now. This is very weird. I'm really worried!

No way would my response even stray into something like "he must have left him in the car". Who would even think of something like that??? That statement alone is much more than odd or impulsive. IMO. It's incriminating. Very incriminating. IMO.

I'm sorry, i'm trying to catch up. Is this what her response was at the daycare? "he must have left him in the car". WOW. imo

If JRH's routine was dropping off Cooper at daycare, wouldn't you think that it would hit him at some point during the day that he didn't do that? Also I thought I read that he backed into the parking lot of his work, so how come he didn't notice his son in the car seat? OH, I know the answer, HE HAD THIS ALL PLANNED OUT! :( :(

(I'm testing out the new WS format so I hope my post goes through) :blushing:

Hi friends :seeya:

I've been reading about this case in the news and I'm watching the probable cause hearing -- just thought to look and see if there's a WS thread (of course there is!)

I'm going to go ahead and rush to judgment and say this guy is a monster and this was a premeditated murder. I think the wife is a co-conspirator. I could be wrong about the wife - depending on what evidence is brought forth - but that's my impression so far.

P.S. I love the shiny new board :)

I'm sorry, i'm trying to catch up. Is this what her response was at the daycare? "he must have left him in the car". WOW. imo

Yep. In front of several witnesses who tried to tell her that something else might have happened to which she replied "No, he left him in the car."

Also when she called her mother and told her what happened the detective said he could hear her mother screaming at her through the phone "Why are you acting like this? Why aren't you reacting" and she said "I must be in shock I guess."

As much as I just can't comprehend that they were in this together ,it really seems like they were.Like they actually planned this.
How else could he have made this statement to her?He dreaded how Connor would look?? Doesn't that indicate they both knew he would see Connor "like that" ?:banghead:

STODDARD: And, once again, as we're watching their reunion, after he's talking about how Cooper looked peaceful and his eyes were closed and just, you know, looked like he was sleeping, he goes - and he goes, "I dreaded how he would look."

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Dreaded, past tense.

The only way his "dreaded" statement works is if he was brought to see Cooper in the hospital/morgue and I do not think that happened.

bbm

The insurance in itself does not bother me at all. HOWEVER when put together with the life without children, The relationships he had on the side, The fact that he went out to his car at lunch just to drop off light bulbs, and paused in there, I can not dismiss the rest.

Hi friends :seeya:

I've been reading about this case in the news and I'm watching the probable cause hearing -- just thought to look and see if there's a WS thread (of course there is!)

I'm going to go ahead and rush to judgment and say this guy is a monster and this was a premeditated murder. I think the wife is a co-conspirator. I could be wrong about the wife - depending on what evidence is brought forth - but that's my impression so far.

P.S. I love the shiny new board :)

Good to see you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members