GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

Or they have wanted the reward money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hasn't the reward money been active for years? Like many years? I can't help but think the popularity of the podcast, coupled with the FB page and the sporadic articles (again due to the podcast, several times) put forth a bit of pressure on whomever had information...and that info grew to be too much to bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little behind...body....any mention of her body???? Never heard this name...we've done a tremendous amount of work on this case over the years.....this is really something!

I'm lost right now, trying to catch up.....what of this???

LOCAL NEWS HERE, WSBTV

Christine2448!! Long time no see!!!! Love that you popped back in with this announcement.

So true about the work done. I can remember posts your wrote going on 9 years ago or longer (when I was a lurky lurk, before I joined) and to finally have this closure for her family...it's so great. Just so deserving of the answers and goodbye to the hell of not knowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS HAS MADE ME SO HAPPY AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME! So happy there is an arrest! So sad for the family. I've been crying while reading all the posts! Happy tears that there is finally some answers! More arrests may be to follow?
I'm sure he won't go down alone if he did in fact do this crime with someone else. I agree with ocean. This wasn't a burglary. I think he had fantasized for years about her. Doesn't matter if she never even taught him. In these small schools, all teachers are known to all the students. maybe he had ran into her recently and followed her home to see where she lived and began stalking her without her knowledge? Waited for the right time and took it when the opportunity arose. I agree the burglary was the purse and keys. His prime motive was IMHO sexually motivated.
I'm glad that the original suspects and POI are cleared and totally taken by surprise that it wasn't someone in her circle!
Will be interesting to know if any further arrests follow.
Prayers for the family and friends of Tara in the weeks and months to come. I'm glad they are finally receiving some answers. Dr. Godwin and Payne I think played a big part in getting this case out there and knocking on doors and getting the interviews. I think it spooked someone into telling what they knew. Thankful for all of those who played a part in the arrest of this man! Thankful Thankful Thankful!!!! You may finally rest beautiful Tara! :loveyou: Justice will come finally!
Thank you Dr. G for being so helpful with all of our questions! You were a great support and a great detective too! Well done!

I wonder how they know she was strangled? Did the person who came forth state that...did Duke state that?

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Thursday that someone walked into the sheriff's office a few days ago with information that led to several new interviews and an arrest.

per article (link: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/major-break-in-the-case-of-missing-georgia-teacher/496761014 )

I thought I read somewhere else that Duke came in and confessed.... ?? Another person came in for the reward, as some of you say....

Article didn't say "when" is the next hearing for this ***#*&)#(@ ? TIA!

So, I've been some of the articles you all posted - and can't find one that says they actually have her body. If not, how do they know he burned her?

:rose: JUSTICE FOR TARA! :rose:

Anthony Vickers and Ryan Duke would have overlapped while in high school when Tara was teaching. Could they know each other and if so, and if so, perhaps Ryan was paid to kill her because he wouldn't come under the radar of LE? Or perhaps another one of Tara's friends or men in her life paid Ryan (and perhaps others) to kill her? This might also explain why she received all of those calls from the married man when she dissapeared - was he confirming she was dead? This mystery is still unsolved imo but it looks like we might get more answers soon.

I'm with you on this. What was the motive for RD? I'm not buying the robbery gone wrong theory. IMO

I remember when I first heard of Tara and that she was missing. I was searching a south Georgia newspaper online to look up a distant relative's obituary (a second cousin, if not more distant) and the lead story in the online edition of the paper was the disappearance of Tara Grinstead. This was probably the Monday after she disappeared. I've been following since.

Why, oh, why, did LE not take cadaver dogs into Tara's home at the beginning of this case. If she died in there, a cadaver dog would have detected it.

Here is an interesting blog post by a local journalist:
https://dustyvassey.wordpress.com/

Also wondering if the young man who died of suicide and named a bunch of other people who he said were covering up Tara's murder is at all related to this? Guess we'll hear more soon.

Well, I will be damned. I have been following this case for years. It has tortured me like a lot of fellow sleuthers. I don't even know what to think. We have always thought that Tara was murdered by either MH, HD, AV, JP, or one of the other characters we knew. All of this time that we went back and forth with these peoples names and assumed they were guilty. Not often does it turn out to be someone fairly random or an intruder etc. but in this case this is how it looked. I, like many others have pointed the finger at many with my theories over the years. I actually would apologize to those people. In the end it looks like they all may have been innocent. Granted, there will be more coming out on this in the future, but I will be damned....we ALL had it wrong...including the GBI.

Also wondering if the young man who died of suicide and named a bunch of other people who he said were covering up Tara's murder is at all related to this? Guess we'll hear more soon.
Thanks for the link. I think his blog is worth watching☺

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I think we're barking at the same tree. Seems like Payne thinks there's more to the story and his presence on the case and the arrest is an interesting coincidence. I'd recommend listening to the podcast, episode 7 'Phineas Gage' re the suicide note etc. jm.02

I think we're barking at the same tree. Seems like Payne thinks there's more to the story and his presence on the case and the arrest is an interesting coincidence. I'd recommend listening to the podcast, episode 7 'Phineas Gage' re the suicide note etc. jm.02

Is that where the list of names is? Because, on his FB page, Dr. Godwin said Duke's name is not on the list. Maybe someone else's name is though

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back