GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

Does anyone else think that there is any validity to the suicide guy and his list? I am not able to figure out his name but this is very intriguing. I wonder if Duke is one of the people on the list he had. Also has anyone been able to find any trace of him or his family on social media?

Does anyone else think that there is any validity to the suicide guy and his list? I am not able to figure out his name but this is very intriguing. I wonder if Duke is one of the people on the list he had. Also has anyone been able to find any trace of him or his family on social media?

Was this the kid from Oklahoma (not sure if thats correct state) who claimed to be involved with Tara and Jennifer Kesse?

ETA: It pays to read the last few pages before posting a question. This is another person, not the kid.

Was this the kid from Oklahoma (not sure if thats correct state) who claimed to be involved with Tara and Jennifer Kesse?

i meant the one i heard about the podcast who killed himself because he said people were after him, and apparently left a list of people involved in tara's death?

i meant the one i heard about the podcast who killed himself because he said people were after him, and apparently left a list of people involved in tara's death?

Thank you, MissTia. I read back a few pages and got my answer, I just edited that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, unbelievable, an arrest almost 17 years later...Justice for Tara!!

If Ryan Duke is dying of kidney problems, then i am wondering if this will even make it to trial.

Welcome to WS!Thanks.

:welcome:

Thank you, long time lurker but decided to post as this case in particular is something that has stuck with me for a long time.

Apologies for breaking any rules regarding Reddit I was unaware.

(modsnip)

What are/were the items retrieved from the pond?

A lot of people don't seem to understand the legal meaning of burglary according to Georgia law. Burglary,theft and robbery aren't interchangeable legal terms. This charge doesn't necessarily mean he went in to commit a theft. In this case it is merely the act of entering her home without her permission with the intent to commit a theft or another felony. So if he was waiting for her with the intent to rape her or cause her physical harm then that alone qualifies as a burglary.

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-16/chapter-7/article-1/section-16-7-1

The lack of a robbery charge is potentially quite telling if you compare robbery to burglary.
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-8/article-2/16-8-40

To me it suggests that he wasn't after money or material possessions that night but instead he was after Tara.

I would like to ask a favor of people here "just" posting a link to a news article. Could you please copy/paste the title maybe, and a bit from the article? It would help to "know" what it is about!
:tyou: in advance!!!

and drawingablankk!

:welcome6:

:greetings:

a snip from the article in post #256
OCILLA, Ga. -- The man charged in the murder of missing Georgia beauty queen Tara Grinstead was arrested back in 2010 on a DUI charge, 11Alive's Ron Jones has confirmed.
Authorities announced on Thursday that Duke is charged in the murder of Grinstead, who went missing back in 2005.
While that investigation was still ongoing at the time of Duke's 2010 arrest, authorities said that because it was considered a simple traffic crime and not a serious one, no DNA sample was taken.
He's scheduled for a grand jury session on April 12.

re - bold - so LE have DNA from Tara's home? Slam dunk?

It says about the grand jury session- that doesn't mean he's going to be there, correct?

again TIA!

Niner,I do this only because I am not good with cut and pasting articles/quotes.

a snip from the article in post #256
OCILLA, Ga. -- The man charged in the murder of missing Georgia beauty queen Tara Grinstead was arrested back in 2010 on a DUI charge, 11Alive's Ron Jones has confirmed.
Authorities announced on Thursday that Duke is charged in the murder of Grinstead, who went missing back in 2005.
While that investigation was still ongoing at the time of Duke's 2010 arrest, authorities said that because it was considered a simple traffic crime and not a serious one, no DNA sample was taken.
He's scheduled for a grand jury session on April 12.

re - bold - so LE have DNA from Tara's home? Slam dunk?

It says about the grand jury session- that doesn't mean he's going to be there, correct?

again TIA!

Several DNA profiles were recovered from the plastic glove found on Grinstead's driveway. Maybe Duke's is a match for one of those.

GA does not swabbed in these instances but many states do. Maybe GA should change their law.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He may very well have confessed, IDK, but the rumor around these parts is that he did and that he has shared two locations. I have also heard there were bones found at at least one of the two locations (perhaps both, IDK), but after 11 years and 4 months there may not be much left and what is left may take some considerable time to confirm. Also, the local rumor is that a few months ago RD go very drunk, confessed his crime to his GF and that the GF is who went to the authorities. They then questioned RD and after some time he gave it up and confessed. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all pans out, but that's what I've been hearing

the charging documents appear to me to be somewhat contradictory, are LE saying he went their to murder her and by entering her home the burglary charge was comitted, if so why does it appear that he is charged with felony murder not malice murder, the charging document does not state which category LE have placed the murder in yet but I think one can read they appear to me more leaning to felony murder

so if they are going with felony murder then surely the burglary was the underlying felony and the murder was committed during the commission of the burglary,

it will probably become clear when more information is revealed in April at the GJ

I also think that many people who commit horrendous murders are able to go back into their lives without doing anything to make people suspiscious, their are thousands of unsolved murders which means their are thousands of murderers who are living within their family and nobody has an idea what they have done,

Several DNA profiles were recovered from the plastic glove found on Grinstead's driveway. Maybe Duke's is a match for one of those.

Is it possible that Ryan Duke is not the killer, but a part of the cover up. That maybe they have his DNA match on the glove and can place him at the scene and are charging him with everything they can to get him to roll over on his friend(s) that are also involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back