GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

With regards to adding clay content...I kind of doubt it? I've seen new roads scraped out and that's pretty much all they do: Scrape them out. And I know while the road I lived on was regularly scraped by the county because it was a residential area (it's actually paved now), out away and on those piddly roads that just bisect the countryside, I highly doubt they even do that, considering the washboard state they're usually in, and how some wash out when it really pours. Honestly, I think it's just the natural soil composition when they scrape that far down.

I honestly haven't been down a dirt road in that area in almost five years, so I couldn't make a guess of any that are redder than others, but from personal experience, even with the mud dries on a car, it still stays fairly red. I drove a dark blue Camaro when I lived down there and it always, always dried that thick, cakey red.
BBM: You ain't lying!:laughing::happydance:<<< is what you feel like driving down those roads! Especially if you're in the back seat lol

I think I am going back to listen to it again too, i know there are things I missed or forgot..............BUT OH YEAH, that wuold be awesome, you know it'll be a case like that just like Tara's, IM also anxious for more info on the dermonds of Lake Oconee!~ They all deserve it but lil Jon Benet, yes

so the friend of grandma, melba?, HEARD or was told by Tara she was going to meet up with a friend in Fitzgerald after the pageant then to the bbq 9 blocks from her house

Yeah I think she did go home after bbq, someone said she'd taken off her clothes, did she ever get dressed into pj's? we dont know I guess, unless someone knew her wardrobe and could find some pj's missing, maybe irrelevant idk, but phone was charging, she left and locked the door took keys wallet and car, the dog was outside,i would guess she was going on a quick outlet, maybe to pick up somone since she didnt take her phone and it was about to die or had died, BUT with the dog still outside, appears she left in a hurry, maybe hoping the dog being left out all night would alert someone to her misfortune, which it did not, sadly. OR was forced to leave but why lock the door? OR whomever brought the car back, locked the door? went back inside? Left something? looked around to make sure they hadn't left anything behind? maybe THEY let the dog out accidentally?

WHO? Someone saw her on the corner tlaking to Rhett Roberts? after the pageant before the bbq? What does the GBI say in regards to him? did she drop the rent off?

Wantt to know WHO she told she was going to fitz to meet up and with whom if it wasn't melba.........was this confused iformation? maybe she was going to meet Rhett there but found out he was in ocilla? WHere did shemeet up with him? what does HE know about her misfortune? did she say antying to him?

MG said the GBI has all the information on this case to solve it? PL asked why haven't they? MG said.............softly...........i dont know............HMMMM

I enjoyed her bit, too. But why do you guys think she and Payne were so certain that there was no relationship between Tara and/or RD/BD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the impression NG in all her interviews about Tara she talks about her well saying good things about her home and good things about what she was like but I think she flat denies any possible relationship on the basis that "no Tara wouldn't date a young man like that Ryan one" IDK like trying to protect her modesty in someway, even though it's likely she had a relationship with AV.

so the friend of grandma, melba?, HEARD or was told by Tara she was going to meet up with a friend in Fitzgerald after the pageant then to the bbq 9 blocks from her house

Yeah I think she did go home after bbq, someone said she'd taken off her clothes, did she ever get dressed into pj's? we dont know I guess, unless someone knew her wardrobe and could find some pj's missing, maybe irrelevant idk, but phone was charging, she left and locked the door took keys wallet and car, the dog was outside,i would guess she was going on a quick outlet, maybe to pick up somone since she didnt take her phone and it was about to die or had died, BUT with the dog still outside, appears she left in a hurry, maybe hoping the dog being left out all night would alert someone to her misfortune, which it did not, sadly. OR was forced to leave but why lock the door? OR whomever brought the car back, locked the door? went back inside? Left something? looked around to make sure they hadn't left anything behind? maybe THEY let the dog out accidentally?

WHO? Someone saw her on the corner tlaking to Rhett Roberts? after the pageant before the bbq? What does the GBI say in regards to him? did she drop the rent off?

Wantt to know WHO she told she was going to fitz to meet up and with whom if it wasn't melba.........was this confused iformation? maybe she was going to meet Rhett there but found out he was in ocilla? WHere did shemeet up with him? what does HE know about her misfortune? did she say antying to him?
Great points and questions!
It's the little details like that which bother me the most.
I do think someone came back to the scene and cleaned up. Maybe that was the reason they locked the house and took the keys? So no one else could get in before they cleaned it up? I think it was done at night too and that's why the glove was overlooked when it fell. They apparently did try to clean up because the lamp was placed back together to not look broken. Maybe the person who cleaned it up wasn't aware for example that the clock was broken and on the floor (maybe out of eyesight especially if they were using flashlights to clean up to not draw attention. This would also explain why the broken necklace pieces were over looked. They may not have realized that her neighbor had keys to the house and could have possibly walked in on them at any time. I think the clean up was occurring as RD and BD was moving the body. Who were they dating back then? Could they have possibly been helping clean up? Although....the glove had white male DNA in it. BUT maybe that was left in the home at the crime scene and was picked up by the "cleaner" then accidently dropped outside. So many possibilities!! I don't think though that there were only the two guys involved. JMOO though.

I'm obviously not Sundrop but I'll throw in my two cents here as a former local.

Honestly, I'd say there's actually quite a bit of red clay? It's not everywhere, obviously, but there are plenty of places in the Berrien County and Irwin County areas that seeing it on a car wouldn't be all that strange, especially if you went down some of the back roads. A lot of the dirt roads seem to be made up of it; I used to go wandering down the dirt roads all around and lived on one when I was in Tift County and my poor Camaro would get coated in it after it rained, because it was easy to go sliding when the clay was wet.

Didn't she drive, like, a Mitsubishi GT3000? Honestly, I can't remember, but I could swear that was the car. Either way, I wouldn't see that car going offroad but it would definitely pick up mud/clay from dirt roads if taken down one, especially in some of the boggier areas where the roads never really dry out, out around Five Bridges Road and thereabouts.

Five Bridges Road? Wasn't that were B the suicide guy said that's where shots were fired ???

Another thing that crosses my mind is this: Remember when AV stated that not many knew about their relationship maybe 3-4 ppl and she would often pick him up and bring him to her house to watch movies. Maybe this was a similar kind of thing. She went and picked someone up... then things went too far and it led to her being killed when RD was in a rage. Hmm.
Is cleaning up after a crime occurs considered a felony? Maybe that's when the "burglary part" happened. He entered the home to clean up a murder scene.
I just can't get it out of my head that many more had to be involved or in the know for this to be kept so quiet for all these years.
Because I honestly don't think the two of them could have pulled this off alone. JMOO

ETA: And I do think she spent some time in the Snapdragon house before being moved again. Three different dogs hit on that place in the home and no where else. I think she was moved to the pond they drained before being finally reaching her final spot.
What I'd love to know is what evidence did they find in other locations that was tied to RD. :thinking:

Five Bridges Road? Wasn't that were B the suicide guy said that's where shots were fired ???

I know I've seen Five Bridges Road mentioned somewhere but I don't know if that's why or not. However, FBR is actually paved, it runs the back way from Brookfield in Tift County to Ocilla, and there used to be a wildly popular catfish house on it that was only open on the weekends - my mom did a little waitressing there for giggles at one time back in the very late 90s (and let me tell you, the hype about that place was real - so good). To be even more confusing, it's not a solid road to begin with. It starts off as Ferrylake Rd in Tifton, and becomes S Boulevard St in Ocilla, because GA is the most illogical place when it comes to this stuff, I swear. But locally there's an understood cutoff that you'd have to be familiar with to understand if someone meant Ferrylake or Five Bridges. If they're still in Tift County coming directly from Tifton, it's Ferrylake. If you're coming from, say, either Brookfield Turner Church Rd or Enigma Turner Church Rd, you mean Five Bridges.

And while Five Bridges itself is paved, it has - surprise - five bridges on it, the one big one crossing the Alapaha River. That whole area along Five Bridges is super swampy (thus the need for five bridges) and there are plenty of little sidetracks and dirt roads off of it. I know people go down the embankment to fish at the Alapaha River all the time, and for the most part it's just a long, lonely stretch of road. It feels like it takes f o r e v e r to get down, even if it's actually not that far between Brookfield and Ocilla, because there's literally just nothing there but a few houses and the occasional bumpy bridge to cross.

Lmao so while that had nothing to do about shots fired I can confirm that is a lonely, open, desolate stretch of road that is mindnumbingly boring to drive down.

I forget why they closed it exactly.
Lawsuits maybe?:thinking:
I heard it was now a private hunting club and the lake is all but dried up?

I believe it was lawsuits, yeah. Or a lawsuit. I know that they used to let divers go in the natural spring there because apparently it's a deep system, but a few never came back out, if you take my meaning, and that one popped (alive!) up in...I think was the Alapaha River? Apparently it feeds both or something like that. I'll have to dig for details.

That's why for a while I thought that was where Tara ended up, because it is so restricted, a deputy lives on the land to keep an eye on it, and that spring runs so deep and is so gnarly people have literally died diving it.

I enjoyed her bit, too. But why do you guys think she and Payne were so certain that there was no relationship between Tara and/or RD/BD?

I missed that part I guess. The downside of multi-tasking. Will have to re-listen.

I believe it was lawsuits, yeah. Or a lawsuit. I know that they used to let divers go in the natural spring there because apparently it's a deep system, but a few never came back out, if you take my meaning, and that one popped (alive!) up in...I think was the Alapaha River? Apparently it feeds both or something like that. I'll have to dig for details.

That's why for a while I thought that was where Tara ended up, because it is so restricted, a deputy lives on the land to keep an eye on it, and that spring runs so deep and is so gnarly people have literally died diving it.
I had the same exact thoughts regarding that being a possibility of her final resting place.
I heard the same thing about only one diver surviving and somehow ending up in the Alapaha River.
I can't see the thrill in something like that knowing how most end.
I remember reading about how Crystal Lake would sometimes disappear over night like someone pulled the plug in it and then magically return. If I'm not mistaken they didn't like for swimmers to swim near the area of the cavern spring part because a few had been lost that way by the slight sucking that occurred around it. I guess a tired swimmer couldn't fight the pull.

I guess the last time it drained... something happened and it never refilled properly again. It's very interesting reading history on that lake.

Off topic but funny story: We always went to the lake with my aunt. This was back before seat belts were mandatory of course.
All of us kids would pile in and have a great day there. It was tradition that we always go through somewhere and get ice cream on the way home. This one particular time I was standing up in the back seat while holding onto my banana split and had my other arm wrapped around the her headrest for balance. She slammed on brakes for something and my banana split ended up all in her hair and down her back and us kids were bounced around like pinballs! :laughing:We still laugh to this day about the infamous banana split!

Wantt to know WHO she told she was going to fitz to meet up and with whom if it wasn't melba.........was this confused iformation? maybe she was going to meet Rhett there but found out he was in ocilla? WHere did she meet up with him? what does HE know about her misfortune? did she say antying to him?
You know this is the kind of thing that makes me think.
I doubt anyone in my family would be able to notice a pair of pjs or clothing pieces of mine missing should something happen to me. I have way too many!
I'm thinking Rhett Roberts may have been a rent drop off.
Maybe she just recognized RD when he came to the door maybe pretending to need help. Tara seems like a person who would help anyone she knew. A big heart. He took advantage of it. JMOO though.

Is there a link anywhere that gives his jobs he's held since graduating?
I keep thinking about the Advanced Auto Parts receipt. I wonder what it was that she bought. Would she be able to put it on her car by herself?
Although it could have just been wax, armor all, wiper fluid or something easy like that. She loved her car so she was probably babying it I would imagine.
From what I understand she met RR at the curb. But I could be totally wrong.
Did Tara ever say it was a guy or girl she was stopping by to visit in Fitzgerald? I could see her dropping off some items from the beauty pageant that one of the girls wore or something simple like that.
During the time of the crime RD wasn't living in Fitzgerald was he? Wasn't he living near her?
Is it possible that RD walked to the supposed drug house, bought some drugs, and on his way home he spotted Tara going into her house?
With drugs in him maybe he just took the opportunity to do the crime. Maybe he pretended to need help as I said earlier to gain access.
Was it possible for someone to peep through the windows and see Tara moving around the house? Maybe he watched from a distance and waited until it seemed she had went to bed before knocking on the door.
Another question that is still bugging me... the black truck! Who did it belong to and why were they there for such an extended time?
So many open holes that need to be filled in.

Ryan's DUIs were in 08 and 10. No mention of drug use, arrests nor any DUIs pre 2005. HD has a black truck- The clothes she wore to the pageant were on the little seat by the 2nd dresser, under clothes on hangers, like someone looking for something to wear. Another set of clothes, red & white, were on the floor in front of the big dresser, along with her shoes. She received a phone call from someone up at the White House in Fitzgerald about 10:15 letting her know M was up there with the younger girlfriend. Imo, she went home, changed, and went back out. see Dr. G's site.

Ryan's DUIs were in 08 and 10. No mention of drug use, arrests nor any DUIs pre gers, like someone looking for something to wear. Another set of clothes, red & white, were on the floor in front of the big dresser, along with her shoes. She received a phone call from someone up at the White House in Fitzgerald about 10:15 letting her know M was up there with the younger girlfriend. Imo, she went home, changed, and went back out. see Dr. G's site.
Thank you so much for your info!:tyou:

I think I am going back to listen to it again too, i know there are things I missed or forgot..............BUT OH YEAH, that wuold be awesome, you know it'll be a case like that just like Tara's, IM also anxious for more info on the dermonds of Lake Oconee!~ They all deserve it but lil Jon Benet, yes
Seriously? I just typed "jonbenet ramsey podcast" into iTunes and found at least 24 different episodes of different shows discussing that murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back