GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

You know this is the kind of thing that makes me think.
I doubt anyone in my family would be able to notice a pair of pjs or clothing pieces of mine missing should something happen to me. I have way too many!
I'm thinking Rhett Roberts may have been a rent drop off.
Maybe she just recognized RD when he came to the door maybe pretending to need help. Tara seems like a person who would help anyone she knew. A big heart. He took advantage of it. JMOO though.

Is there a link anywhere that gives his jobs he's held since graduating?
I keep thinking about the Advanced Auto Parts receipt. I wonder what it was that she bought. Would she be able to put it on her car by herself?
Although it could have just been wax, armor all, wiper fluid or something easy like that. She loved her car so she was probably babying it I would imagine.
From what I understand she met RR at the curb. But I could be totally wrong.
Did Tara ever say it was a guy or girl she was stopping by to visit in Fitzgerald? I could see her dropping off some items from the beauty pageant that one of the girls wore or something simple like that.
During the time of the crime RD wasn't living in Fitzgerald was he? Wasn't he living near her?
Is it possible that RD walked to the supposed drug house, bought some drugs, and on his way home he spotted Tara going into her house?
With drugs in him maybe he just took the opportunity to do the crime. Maybe he pretended to need help as I said earlier to gain access.
Was it possible for someone to peep through the windows and see Tara moving around the house? Maybe he watched from a distance and waited until it seemed she had went to bed before knocking on the door.
Another question that is still bugging me... the black truck! Who did it belong to and why were they there for such an extended time?
So many open holes that need to be filled in.

YES! A LOT Of unanswered questions, according to MG, the GBI has it all in their file..........I dont know what MG has seen or what he knows or doesnt but youd think if the GBI knew anything significant or had investigated it there would be an interrogation atleast, which i dont think there ever has been, or another arrest....before now.... OF course everyone's even more tightlipped than RD since the gag order, so who knows whats gone on behind the scenes now

I was thinking he was living near her a the time of the crime and DID I HEAR RD had joined the military of some sort and was dishonorably discharged or was that someone else, it just came to me and had forgotten who. I too wonder where he's been or what he's been up to, might be on some online people search engines

Yes she met RR at the curb according to reports.....

I think the one person who mentioned the black truck was interrogated so badly by the PD or GBI and given a urine test and took them to jail for breaking probation .....that according to PL and MG, so WHAT was ever discovered from all that? NOTHING? You'd think that would be important info to know, a murderer on the loose and the cops were worried about this guy having pot or something IDK, who was a possible witness to a crime, Lawd. Maybe they thought he did something to her......but that truck was there for SOME reason.........WHY and WHO

Yes those are a lot of good theories, probalby more than theories........I would love to know what she purchased for car too..........and yes if maybe RD was to help out with something for her car but the drug theory seems really plausible, all drugged out people do crazy things......

sure would love to hear some news on this

Ryan's DUIs were in 08 and 10. No mention of drug use, arrests nor any DUIs pre 2005. HD has a black truck- The clothes she wore to the pageant were on the little seat by the 2nd dresser, under clothes on hangers, like someone looking for something to wear. Another set of clothes, red & white, were on the floor in front of the big dresser, along with her shoes. She received a phone call from someone up at the White House in Fitzgerald about 10:15 letting her know M was up there with the younger girlfriend. Imo, she went home, changed, and went back out. see Dr. G's site.

DOES HE?? wow thanks for the info.....He surely did NOT do a welfare check..........he was more like a door to door salesman!

Seriously? I just typed "jonbenet ramsey podcast" into iTunes and found at least 24 different episodes of different shows discussing that murder.
Seriously? There is a big difference in investigative reach between 1-2 episodes from 24 podcasts and 24 episodes from one podcast?

The one I was following on Jon Bonet, Real Crime Profile, (Jim Clemente etc) pulled all their episodes on JB once Burke started suing everyone. [emoji52]

Really, anyone doing a full-on Jonbenet podcast needs deep pockets because they're probably going to get sued. A case like Tara's was probably perfect because it needed some stirring up.

I am not on Websleuths much lately but have just spent an hour or two trying to get caught up on the developments in Tara's case. Wow...

One thing that came to mind: There was once a little talk, I think even in these threads, that the man arrested in the murder of Bud and June Runion MIGHT have given up some info relating to Tara's case somehow. For those of you who have followed all this new activity in Tara's case closely: Have you seen anything at all that might indicate those rumors were true?

I am not on Websleuths much lately but have just spent an hour or two trying to get caught up on the developments in Tara's case. Wow...

One thing that came to mind: There was once a little talk, I think even in these threads, that the man arrested in the murder of Bud and June Runion MIGHT have given up some info relating to Tara's case somehow. For those of you who have followed all this new activity in Tara's case closely: Have you seen anything at all that might indicate those rumors were true?

Oh! I remember hearing that. I think the pond was searched VERY close to the time (after) he was arrested. I'll ask around and see if anyone has heard of a connection!

During the time of the crime RD wasn't living in Fitzgerald was he? Wasn't he living near her?
Is it possible that RD walked to the supposed drug house, bought some drugs, and on his way home he spotted Tara going into her house?
With drugs in him maybe he just took the opportunity to do the crime. Maybe he pretended to need help as I said earlier to gain access.
Was it possible for someone to peep through the windows and see Tara moving around the house? Maybe he watched from a distance and waited until it seemed she had went to bed before knocking on the door

Per public records: In October 2005, RD lived 1.3 miles (5 min) from Tara's house. The route from Tara's house to RD's house would take you past exactly the same spot where the woman reported a black truck speeding on Saturday night around midnight. There was a pond behind his house. Probably just a coincidence, but in a street view on google maps from May 2013, there is a small, black, 90s looking, single-cab, Dodge truck parked in an empty spot across from RD's house.

At the same time, BD lived nearly smack dab in between TG and RD. BD's house was 0.7 miles from RD (3 min) and 0.8 miles (3 min) from TG.

Really, anyone doing a full-on Jonbenet podcast needs deep pockets because they're probably going to get sued. A case like Tara's was probably perfect because it needed some stirring up.

Terrible, would love to know who is responsible for that poor child's death! ANd was wondering here recently........

HOW THEY GONE TOP THIS PODCAST CASE? LOL......Hard to imagine another one with 2 arrests before the pod is even finished, lol

Per public records: In October 2005, RD lived 1.3 miles (5 min) from Tara's house. The route from Tara's house to RD's house would take you past exactly the same spot where the woman reported a black truck speeding on Saturday night around midnight. There was a pond behind his house. Probably just a coincidence, but in a street view on google maps from May 2013, there is a small, black, 90s looking, single-cab, Dodge truck parked in an empty spot across from RD's house.

At the same time, BD lived nearly smack dab in between TG and RD. BD's house was 0.7 miles from RD (3 min) and 0.8 miles (3 min) from TG.

the GBI knows who's black truck that was...........they have to.......or they didnt investigate it..........it was reported on PL podcast , if correct, some guy at a party reported that RD drove a black ford pickup.............I think.... There is something weird here..............Also listening to Ep 1 on PL UAV.....Was Rhett Roberts ever interviewed? Where is he? Did she just see him and stop to sey hey and move on? Well anyway, he is as public knowledge as the pecan grove was all these years............so whatever GBI knows or has documented, no one could see sadly...Even MG replied "I dont know" in regards to why the GBI hasn't solved it............so many seemingly simple things that could have lead to an arrest years ago..........I remember hearing about the black truck speeding past and did I hear it was there off and on all weekend? That was ignored for a reason it seems, if it's nothing why is it still a question and why was there never an arrest or atleast an interrogation..........well I hope the RD is the guilty party and I hope all the others involved are found out

Then I think if it was me,I'd use the spare room window as the signal window.
That way you could leave it on and not worry about it disrupting your sleep.
It still bothers me that it went a few days being off yet her car was there and no one checked on her.
Do you think the lamp could have possibly been broken when the girls were there getting ready and they didn't want to upset Tara and tried to put it back together as best as possible?
Wasn't there pieces of a necklace that you found under the bed that was looked over by the LE?
Signs of a struggle?
I just keep going back to the lamp. It bothers me for some reason. It is possible though that Tara liked to sleep with the lamp on.
And you are right about the porch light. I leave mine on even when I'm not home so I don't come home to a dark house.
When did he usually check to see if the light was on? Did he sit near a window possibly watching TV that he could easily see the light go on or off?
So if the neighbors told the story about the little lamp signal, WHY didnt they check on her when the lamp wasn't on for 2 nights and must've noticed the dog loose for 2 days or day and 1/2, if this was a serious secret code, they had a key.............then maybe the lamp signal wasn't really a code as much as maybe, just if they saw it, they knew Tara was home........

The light was a signal during the week only, as stated in many news articles, so I do not understand why it was mentioned in an interview about a weekend night. The light was a system used to ensure she made it home from her evening college classes.

The light was a signal during the week only, as stated in many news articles, so I do not understand why it was mentioned in an interview about a weekend night. The light was a system used to ensure she made it home from her evening college classes.
That's an assumption only

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname