GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, from his you tube videos posted earlier in the thread. He has windows opened in those videos.

Leru, I agree with you about the whole not wanting to work for the CDC. My mind has pondered this case and I feel that he may have just wanted to call it quits with working there. Maybe even discussed it with his family to the point of them trying to talk him out of it etc. It may have been merely the competitiveness of atmosphere that made him want a break from it all. Just normalcy, to a degree.

I just can't imagine a man like Tim would deliberately cause his family so much grief.

Why is his case not listed as an "Active Search" in the Websleuths thread subject line? Just curious what qualifies as an active search...

Thinking about what may cause someone to be angry and confused...

Mental health issues — could lead to suicide or voluntary disappearance
Drugs — could lead to accidental overdose, suicide or voluntary disappearance (or even murder, for that matter)
Poisoning — most likely murder (wonder about his relationships)

Thoughts?

Also, I keep thinking... It’s not paranoid if people really are out to get you.

I just can't imagine a man like Tim would deliberately cause his family so much grief.

With all due respect, I don't think you understand what it means to be suicidal. Which is great; just please don't make assumptions based on that lack of understanding.

Why is his case not listed as an "Active Search" in the Websleuths thread subject line? Just curious what qualifies as an active search...

We need a MSM report stating that LE is conducting ground searches or air searches actively at this time. If you find a confirmed source stating that current searches are happening, I can change the thread title. HTH

Also, I keep thinking... It’s not paranoid if people really are out to get you.
I agree! I was thinking the same. The question is who would be out to get him?For what reasons??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Marking my spot to say I've been following this case, wondering why there isn't MORE media coverage and agree with what some of you have posted. More questions than answers at this point but IMO I have a hard time believing this is a suicide. I don't pretend to know what someone has going on in their own mind but I have a hard time believing he committed suicide and took such extreme measures to cover it up (why not at home or in his car or in the woods near his house). I am very close with my family and talk to them every day (like Tim) so the big why is, why would he make the call to his mom (if he was suicidal-assuming he was saying goodbye, asking for help or calling to get his feelings out) then kill himself in such a hidden manner? I think this is a mental breakdown met by accident, murder or off the grid and don't want to be found case.

I also hope that the attic and any other crawl space has been checked over to cover all bases as they say.

IMO

Mary, my dad committed suicide. I'm sure there are many others in this thread with close personal experiences with it. Many people say the kind of things you do, but the fact is, it's complicated and people in various emotional states do not rationalize in the same way we might expect.

Marking my spot to say I've been following this case, wondering why there isn't MORE media coverage and agree with what some of you have posted. More questions than answers at this point but IMO I have a hard time believing this is a suicide. I don't pretend to know what someone has going on in their own mind but I have a hard time believing he committed suicide and took such extreme measures to cover it up (why not at home or in his car or in the woods near his house). I am very close with my family and talk to them every day (like Tim) so the big why is, why would he make the call to his mom (if he was suicidal-assuming he was saying goodbye, asking for help or calling to get his feelings out) then kill himself in such a hidden manner? I think this is a mental breakdown met by accident, murder or off the grid and don't want to be found case.

I also hope that the attic and any other crawl space has been checked over to cover all bases as they say.

IMO

This would actually be a fairly common scenario for suicide. Just on personal experience, my dad left most of his belongings at home. He left in a car, but wallet and other typical items he would carry were left behind. He was found after 5 days a few miles away in a remote area. Many people committing suicide are hoping not be seen...don't want to be found by relatives, or maybe not found at all. If he was in a manic state, he may have been calling various people just to talk, or even say goodbye in some unclear way. We don't know. But I can say, this wouldn't be unusual for suicide cases.

The odd statement to the neighbor about his wife's number is perhaps to me the most telling clue to me of a planned suicide or perhaps bizarre escape. It tells me (1) he was in a manic and/or severely irrational state and (2) he was contemplating being "gone." Call it a cry for help, sure. Maybe it was just him trying to be logical within the context of assuming he was going to no longer be around.

And to the question someone asked about whether he would have asked for a reason on not getting the promotion, I think the odds are heavily that he would have asked for that. It would be highly odd for an organizational policy to require that the employee be told the reasons they didn't get a job. But it would be normal for them to oblige if the employee wanted to know.

This would actually be a fairly common scenario for suicide. Just on personal experience, my dad left most of his belongings at home. He left in a car, but wallet and other typical items he would carry were left behind. He was found after 5 days a few miles away in a remote area. Many people committing suicide are hoping not be seen...don't want to be found by relatives, or maybe not found at all. If he was in a manic state, he may have been calling various people just to talk, or even say goodbye in some unclear way. We don't know. But I can say, this wouldn't be unusual for suicide cases.

I'm very sorry that your dad committed suicide. I appreciate your sharing your insights with us.

I'm very sorry that your dad committed suicide. I appreciate your sharing your insights with us.

I appreciate. I only bring it up because it's relevant. I know of many similar examples, and I'm sure many here know of many more. A suicide where someone goes off to somewhere difficult to find, to me suggests a likelihood that they've been contemplating it for a period of time, and suggests someone who is probably otherwise very thoughtful and bright (if not very troubled) like Tim was and I know my dad was. They would think of the trauma it would cause others to find them in their house. They would feel guilt over that and may just feel like they want to "just disappear."

I push this angle because it's seems to the real conclusion of Occam's Razor here. If I were the family here, I'd be paying for divers at nearby bridges, particularly Marietta Blvd, Atlanta Road. There are many other explanations possible, but the one with the fewest assumptions is usually correct. We don't have to assume he was "confused," "rejected," "acting strangely." We also have no reason to believe or assume he traveled far from where he left his car and belongings. So the logical conclusion is that he's most likely (1) tried to "disappear" intentionally in some way and (2) he probably didn't get further than his feet could take him.

Mary, my dad committed suicide. I'm sure there are many others in this thread with close personal experiences with it. Many people say the kind of things you do, but the fact is, it's complicated and people in various emotional states do not rationalize in the same way we might expect.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. And, I agree with your statement that those in various emotional states don't rationalize or think the way we might expect.

Like former riverside, I had a family member commit suicide. We saw no signs of mental illness or distress. She had two young daughters, her marriage was a mess. But it was all something that most people can manage and take in stride. She could not. It became overwhelming to her, obviously NOW, and she took her own life.

FTR, it wasn't about what it would do to her family, because most people who commit suicide believe their families would be better off without them. They become convinced they are doing everyone a favor. FWIW

Like former riverside, I had a family member commit suicide. We saw no signs of mental illness or distress. She had two young daughters, her marriage was a mess. But it was all something that most people can manage and take in stride. She could not. It became overwhelming to her, obviously NOW, and she took her own life.

FTR, it wasn't about what it would do to her family, because most people who commit suicide believe their families would be better off without them. They become convinced they are doing everyone a favor. FWIW

RBBM

Couldn't agree with you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members