Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

very interesting....
The reason she came to mind is because of her age and the mom's behavior. She tried to abandon Bonita Karen at birth, and after she went missing, she abandoned another baby. It's possible the mother did something to this child, or someone could have possibly taken her while the mother was cooking, like she said. Once the baby doe's DNA is completed, I'm hoping it will be an auto rule out/in.

I'd agree with you.

The slightly careless disposal of her body makes me think the killer might have been a boyfriend of the mom or a stepdad to the girl- who most probably moved after disposing of the suitcase.

Also- if this Ware County dump was isolated, it is most probably a local person! A non-local might have picked a dumping site further away. Just my speculation.

I agree with all that. Probably this little girl was never reported missing, because people assumed that her mom ran off (taking her child with her) to live somewhere else, when really an abusive partner killed both the little girl and her mother.

So sad.

Jane%20Waycross%2C%20GA%20Doe%20%231123251_1513874357274.png_12018173_ver1.0.jpg

WAYCROSS, Ga. -- Authorities hope new images can help identify a child found dead inside of a TV cabinet nearly 30 years ago.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation released new facial reconstruction for a child who was found 29 years in Ware County, Georgia.
http://www.11alive.com/article/news...ide-of-a-tv-cabinet-29-years-ago/85-501380878

15UFGA - Unidentified Female

Reconstructions by NCMEC; sketch and bust by Marla Lawson; additional sketch and reconstructed images of clothing.

Date of Discovery: December 21, 1988
Location of Discovery: Millwood, Ware County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 3-4 years old
Race: Black
Height: 2'8" to 3'1
Weight: 23-27 lbs.
Hair Color: Black and curly, worn in a ponytail tied with a brown rubber band. Bright-colored bows also found in hair.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Right ear, at least, was pierced. No earrings found with the remains.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available. She had slight gaps between some of her baby teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White thermal pajama pants with maroon trim, a disposable diaper and and a white, knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem in the upper left chest area.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: The child's body was wrapped in a brown baby blanket.

Circumstances of Discovery
A logging truck driver who stepped into the woods, near an isolated garbage dump in Ware County, Georgia, to relieve himself discovered the girl's body when he became curious about an old television console laying nearby. The console broke open when he kicked it over - revealing a black metal suitcase hidden inside. The body was placed in a gym bag, then in a cement-filled metal suitcase. The suitcase was wrapped with silver duct tape, encased in a plastic sheet and hidden inside the television console nailed shut with plywood.

An autopsy was inconclusive because of the decomposition of her body. Investigators also don't know if she might have been alive when sealed inside the suitcase.

Some speculated the child was Kimberly Janis Boyd, who disappeared from South Carolina alongside her mother and her mother's friend. Boyd was later excluded as a possible identity for the unidentified child.

A potential link to Albany, New York was discovered later in the investigation process. Authorities worked with a local television station in 2009 to put together a news story for the public, but were unsuccessful with finding any additional leads.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Ware County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 912-283-3030
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Ware County Sheriff’s Office
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Jody Ponsell
Agency Phone Number: 912-287-2479
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Agency Contact Person: Special Agent Dale Wiley
Agency Phone Number: 912-389-4103
Agency Case Number: 351

NCIC Case Number: U338979918
NamUs Case Number: 5288
NCMEC Case Number: 1123251

Information Source(s)
NamUs
11 Alive
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
NCMEC
Florida Times-Union
CNN iReport

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 12/24/17

Attachments

• Christmas_Doe.jpg
    Christmas_Doe.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
Unknown girl's face still haunts former detective who never found her name
April 18 2015
"It was four days before Christmas. As the story would soon be told in news accounts, he made a stop on a dirt road off Georgia 82 and an old TV console caught his eye.

He walked over to inspect the find.

Inside, there was the black steel suitcase sloppily sealed with cement. Curious, the man pried it open. The girl had been wrapped in a blanket, stuffed in a gym bag and placed in the tiny steel tomb.

The trucker cried like a child.

Speaking with the Associated Press a few days later, then-Ware County Sheriff Herbert Bond said the state crime lab determined the child had been dead for a month or two. Thought to be about 3, she was 2-foot-9 and weighed maybe 30 pounds.

She didn’t seem to have been shot or stabbed, Bond said at the time."

"The investigator saw how well the child was made up, how pretty she looked. He thought about how long it must’ve taken. Somehow, in spite of the decomposition and the lack of dignity in how she was left with the trash, Herrin said he couldn’t help but think someone loved her."

Whenever I read about the story of Christmas Doe, I cry. This is a sad case to me. The cause of death is unknown, but I think it's a homicide from discipline possibly. Who would put a little girl in a suitcase, then a TV?

Bumping....DNA Submitted, tests not complete.

Does anyone know if they will be using genealogy websites for DNA comparison (similar to what LE did for the Golden State Rapist).?

I've mixed cement by hand for an old job & I want to mention this process is messy & for this purpose done to conceal a body...would have required privacy or room enough to do it all indoors.

I agree it's someone close to the victim.

Unless there was an excuse for mixing concrete--household repairbor construction project, for instance.

I have no clue so I'll put it out there - can forensics tell the difference between commercial concrete used for big constructions jobs versus someone buying a bag of QUIKRETE from a hardware store to patch up a walkway or brick (yes, I'm showing my clear lack of home improvement skills so please be kind!).

Correction; I investigated her BMI. Healthy weight, which makes me feel someone who knew her did this. I feel maybe a parent abducted her after a divorce.

I have no clue so I'll put it out there - can forensics tell the difference between commercial concrete used for big constructions jobs versus someone buying a bag of QUIKRETE from a hardware store to patch up a walkway or brick (yes, I'm showing my clear lack of home improvement skills so please be kind!).

They can tell quikrete from the regular kind, but I don't think they could tell whether somebody mixed up a small batch of commercial concrete just for this.

We've seen cases where the concrete was the last bit of a commercial load--the material rinsed from the tank at the end of the day, or something like that. Which could point to somebody connected to a construction site.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back