GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well our great news on Friday has been tinged with sadness. My fiance(that seems strange to stay) has had to fly home to NZ due to a death in his family. So get engaged Friday and put him on a plane Saturday.

Sympathy to you and your fiance. Thinking of you at this sad time *advertiser censored*

Life Insurance for Business Partners

But life insurance is just as important for those who own a business with one or more partners. Without life insurance for business continuity in place, what would happen to the company you’ve worked so hard to build if one of the partners became permanently disabled or passed away? If one of the few key people your business relies on is suddenly out of action, life insurance for a business partner can help maintain your company, ease the transition to a new partnership and help the business sail smoothly towards the future.

http://www.lifeinsurancefinder.com....surance/life-insurance-for-business-partners/

Just on that second point too - when I walked early every morning I saw the same people going about their day everyday at that time. People knew me who lived on the route I walked as we'd wave when I passed or those in cars sounded horns. Neighbours know better than anyone if people have exercise routines - there is no evidence of this. Although most people I came across were strangers, they knew I walked at that time every morning.

Yes, and as far as I know, no one has come forward to say Allison was seen out walking on that day. Even if, as the accused might be hoping to imply, Allison actually left the house much earlier, and walked to Kholo Creek with the intention of jumping over, it would still be unusual that no one saw her, as cars going to work start to zoom along that road as early as 4am with people who work early shifts. Very unsual that no one saw her walking along Mt Crosby Road. Am I correct in that there have been no reports of sightings of her?

Yes, and as far as I know, no one has come forward to say Allison was seen out walking on that day. Even if, as the accused might be hoping to imply, Allison actually left the house much earlier, and walked to Kholo Creek with the intention of jumping over, it would still be unusual that no one saw her, as cars going to work start to zoom along that road as early as 4am with people who work early shifts. Very unsual that no one saw her walking along Mt Crosby Road. Am I correct in that there have been no reports of sightings of her?

There was one woman mistaken for Allison but she came forward at the Committal Hearing

I walked regularly from Deerhurst Rd via Brookfield Rd then onto Gold Creek Road and past the rest home to work. Often at 6am onwards and never saw anyone walking along at that way. At one stage it had no footpath so you had to walk on the grass(dodging drains etc) or on the road(dodging cars).

I believe that things got heated in the house, given that GBC had bruises on his chest/armpits because to me they didn't look like marks that would be done through clothing. I think perhaps he was shirtless, maybe just got out of the shower and the fight continued to flare up? Then maybe to the garage, but to me the foliage in her hair must have happened postmortem. If they'd fought in the carport and she had leaves etc in her hair , but decided to take off up the road, wouldn't she have dusted herself off a bit to keep appearances normal to any public that May have seen her? I would.

Good points. I just think if they happened post mortem he would have removed them. I believe away from the house and in the dark they weren't noticed.

But Allison had plant matter of a couple of types which were types that were present in the BC yard, and not in the Kholo area. I think I've got that right? So she was possibly dragged in some way in the yard. The plant matter doesn't have to be large, noticeable leaves either. It can be small ground cover type stuff. (Not sure what it was exactly but just saying it could be minsicule particles that aren't so obvious to the naked eye, and especially in the dark, but can be identififed during analysis.)

I believe that things got heated in the house, given that GBC had bruises on his chest/armpits because to me they didn't look like marks that would be done through clothing. I think perhaps he was shirtless, maybe just got out of the shower and the fight continued to flare up? Then maybe to the garage, but to me the foliage in her hair must have happened postmortem. If they'd fought in the carport and she had leaves etc in her hair , but decided to take off up the road, wouldn't she have dusted herself off a bit to keep appearances normal to any public that May have seen her? I would.

But Allison had plant matter of a couple of types which were types that were present in the BC yard, and not in the Kholo area. I think I've got that right? So she was possibly dragged in some way in the yard. The plant matter doesn't have to be large, noticeable leaves either. It can be small ground cover type stuff. (Not sure what it was exactly but just saying it could be minsicule particles that aren't so obvious to the naked eye, and especially in the dark, but can be identififed during analysis.)

the plant matter was from around the back patio if I remember correctly

I am really going to show my ignorance here, do the jurors get to see all the statements and reports that we have seen?

In our household, we find that, if we start looking for something else, we will find the previous missing item instead. Though, this is usually after we've bought a replacement for the first missing item. Remember, your missing ugh boot will know if you are only pretending to look for something else!

found. thank you. i snuck up on it​

March 19, 2013

ALL six plant species found in Allison Baden-Clay's hair and on her body were found in the car port area of her backyard, the court has heard.

But four of those plant species could not have come from the Kholo Creek area at Anstead where her body was found

..........only two of the plant species found on Allison's body could be found at Kholo Creek.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

Plant species report summary

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

March 19, 2013

ALL six plant species found in Allison Baden-Clay's hair and on her body were found in the car port area of her backyard, the court has heard.

But four of those plant species could not have come from the Kholo Creek area at Anstead where her body was found

..........only two of the plant species found on Allison's body could be found at Kholo Creek.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

Bet G wishes he had used the whipper snipper, in hindsight.

Is there a coffee shop in kenmore that would be open at that time on a Wednesday night? They can't have gone much further for a half hour coffee, or the half hour would have been taken up driving. I know it mightn't be relevant to the scenario at all, but the whole coffee story still seems strange to me, particularly with the phone calls that occurred.

Maybe they went to the McCafe down at Kenmore Tavern Plaza?

Annoyed I won't be able tweet the live feeds tomorrow or tuesday as life unfortunately gets in the way ( working night duty tonight & mon night ) so will have a lot of catching up to do when I wake up.

I'm sure you guys will be posting like mad!!!

Wouldn't it be normal to find Allison's hair in the vacuum cleaner bag if it was the usual one that was used to clean the house and maybe car ?Just thinking because I am amazed how each time I vacuum every few days, my longish auburn tinted hair gets picked up
Different if they could trace the hair to a certain time period, ie hair could only have been from the hairdresser that night.
Or if they could also find hair with blood on it etc.
Or possibly a piece of chipped tooth to match the missing piece.

I meant to reply to your post earlier re the line I've bolded...

I wouldn't so much be looking for hairs in the vacuum bag...I'd be looking for leaf matter from the carport area.

My post from yesterday...

My thoughts on the vacuum/bag...

Plant matter from the carport area was found in Allison's hair & on her jumper.

I presume forensics would have tested the contents of that vacuum cleaner bag because unless Allison had been completely wrapped in something then that plant matter would have also transferred to the back of the Captiva.

In which case, if that plant matter was found in the vacuum bag then GBC or someone has a whole lot of splaining to do!!

Annoyed I won't be able tweet the live feeds tomorrow or tuesday as life unfortunately gets in the way ( working night duty tonight & mon night ) so will have a lot of catching up to do when I wake up.

I'm sure you guys will be posting like mad!!!

Thanks drsleuth...we'll keep a seat warm for whenever you make it back on :)

Either she was found walking there after the argument and Gerard 'picked her up' and quickly disposed of the phone in the surrounding area before heading to Kholo Creek

Or

After her body was dumped at Kholo Creek GBC stopped by the random house and disposed of the phone in a hurried attempt to hide it before he arrived home.

That's all I can really think of IMO.

Maybe he had the phone with him and then threw it hurriedly into the neighbours yard not long before the police arrived. He suddenly realised he had the phone and their would be a search so he just chucked it, possibly aiming for the roof or guttering. Then at a later time he actually retrieved it and disposed of it somewhere else. I am not sure, but wouldnt have thought the police would have had him followed the whole time. This is all just conjecture on my part - but I have always had this vibe that her phone was dropped into the Moggill Creek at the back of Rafting Ground Park. Wasn't that general area mentioned at some point regarding the phones?

Maybe they went to the McCafe down at Kenmore Tavern Plaza?

There is a casual Restaurant called Plum which is in the Kenmore Plaza Shopping Centre a bit further on from the Village shopping centre which is near the roundabout. Would be a 5-10 minute drive from their house, and it is the same centre where Allisons hairdressers are. You can get coffee and cake at Plum, or you could just go to the McCafe which is opposite.

Oh yes I didn't think of that, thanks.
Is that not a normal thing though to vacuum outdoors, ie there are outdoor vacs and leaf blowers with a vacuum function.
I have vacuumed my outdoor area, ie patio in the past with an indoor/outdoor vac.

I meant to reply to your post earlier re the line I've bolded...

I wouldn't so much be looking for hairs in the vacuum bag...I'd be looking for leaf matter from the carport area.

My post from yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member