GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the claim was he was searching for the psych Allison was seeing. Just another play on the caring persona he was trying to portray. Maybe he thought Allison had walked to Brisbane to see her psych :facepalm:

That's one and there's also Dr Candice Bevan and Dr Margaret Starks's in depth reports. Thanks Marly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a great memory you have Makara - I'd forgotten that. It was indeed The Local Bean. Good spotting. But it does confirm that the Local Bean was still up and running at that time. Was a great little place, actually - just not enough local support to pay the high rent, I gather.

Other coffee spots in Kenmore open at night
Kenmore Tavern(not sure they would go there)
Retro Bar
Plum Cafe
The Pizza place near the Plum Cafe

I have another sleuthing problem Makara ... Where did my other ugh boot go over the summer? I can't fit both feet in one :(

just going back to Gerard's text messages on that morning.. looking at his messages , from Alison, and to Alison, about his hanky panky in the 'Snowy ' car.. which I cant find, but it ran along the lines of him texting Alison and saying ( defelecting) 'You shouldn't worry. You can ring me any time'... anyone who can point me to those, if the beady eyed Makara is around it would help..

but the text essence was completely different..

I reckon Gerard outsmarted himself with those 'where are you?? I've made the lunches ' stuff.. at that point, when he sent those, he was , obviously, confident that Toni wouldn't be telling the police about their phone call the previous evening. The one about where he is to tell Alison not to go to the conference..

I don't believe Gerard told her any such of a thing.. too gutless, and Alison didn't rearrange with Kate Rankin who she was meeting at the office to share a car with, and Gerard didn't know about this arrangement, he only finds out about it when Kate rings re where is Alison) ..so he is sending these messages AS IF she is a bit late back, after a goodnights sleep and a bit of footy watching..

When Toni does spill the beans about this conversation, her rage about it, his agreement that he will tell Alison. it's plain as day that those morning texts are contrived.

Either he did tell Alison and all hell broke loose... ( and those messages saying 'love G ' are absurd, ) but if he didn't tell Alison not to go, how come he didn't contact Toni to tell her that he lucked out, Toni would have to cope with it, and Alison would be there??

because he knew she wouldn't be at the conference, is why. Didn't have to say a thing to anyone..

Anyone remember what time was she supposed to meet Kate Rankin?

I have another sleuthing problem Makara ... Where did my other ugh boot go over the summer? I can't fit both feet in one :(

The dog took it and buried it in the backyard. Well at least that's what my fur baby did to mine. :floorlaugh:

Well if you have any butcher birds around, the boot could be up in a tree somewhere. I recall reading a story about a woman who couldn't find one of her slippers which she'd left outside her back door. Quite some time later she found it up in a tree, a butcher bird had taken it & was storing his goodies in it :)

Tips from the romancer :blushing:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Well our great news on Friday has been tinged with sadness. My fiance(that seems strange to stay) has had to fly home to NZ due to a death in his family. So get engaged Friday and put him on a plane Saturday.

I thought they were meeting at 7am at the Taringa office to head into the city for the conference.

My understanding was Allison was to leave home at 7:00am to meet Kate at 8:00am at the Century 21 office. I remember GBC babbling on about Allison having to leave at 7:00am to get through the morning rush hour.

Beady Eyes is on the case. :floorlaugh:

Phone and computer forensic report.

94. I observed a message received on 18/4/2012 at 11:59 AM from 61401149013 and the contents of this message were 'Having fun with your companion? Hope you're not putting any seats down in the back of Snowy???, I then observed a reply message sent on the 18/4/2012 at 12:19 pm and the contents of this message were "I'm sorry that you feel this way. You have nothing to be concerned about. Feel free to call of text me any time. Love, G'. I am able to produce the contents of this iPhone backup file extraction.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Bear in mind that the 18/4/2012 was the night Allison and GBC apparently went out for coffee.

not only beadyeyed but so quick on the draw, Makara.. astonishing stuff, I deeply appreciate it.. .

re this.... BBM the bit that Nige testified to that he babysat while Ger and Alison zipped out for a coffee.. 18th April at 11.49pm.... the night before Alison is murderered.. here' s Gerard out late at night doin what?? and doing it where? I am curious as to what tower Gerards phone picked up to reply to Alisons text..

In our household, we find that, if we start looking for something else, we will find the previous missing item instead. Though, this is usually after we've bought a replacement for the first missing item. Remember, your missing ugh boot will know if you are only pretending to look for something else!

For some reason this paragraph of TM's has stuck in my mind. The line I've bolded seems odd to me...what's it to NBC whether an employee takes out life insurance policy or not.

Statement of witness - Toni McHugh

21. Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance police for the business but every agency does have to have a public liability insurance policy. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

not only beadyeyed but so quick on the draw, Makara.. astonishing stuff, I deeply appreciate it.. .

re this.... BBM the bit that Nige testified to that he babysat while Ger and Alison zipped out for a coffee.. 18th April at 11.49pm.... the night before Alison is murderered.. here' s Gerard out late at night doin what?? and doing it where? I am curious as to what tower Gerards phone picked up to reply to Alisons text..

It was 11:59AM that Allison sent the message about Snowy to GBC. He replied to her at 12:19PM.

So the calls took place during the day, not the evening. IMO, Allison and GBC wanted to sort a few things out without the girls around, hence going out for coffee. Or at least that's what NBC said they did.

Sorting a few things out IMO was all about TM. I believe that Allison had found out in the days leading up to her death that TM and GBC were back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyRichard2006!