General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new and have read most of the threads in the last week and was wondering if anyone is following twitter for TB? There is an interesting photo with sun glasses with a reflection I cannot make out.

It's in the back of his truck. Unless he travels with his OWN shopping carts loose in the back of his truck. JMO

I have known people go to a store and ask for a shopping cart. The manager will sometimes give them away if they are slightly broken (but easily fixed) most stores do not fix carts on site its too expensive, they write it off.

I have known people go to a store and ask for a shopping cart. The manager will sometimes give them away if they are slightly broken (but easily fixed) most stores do not fix carts on site its too expensive, they write it off.
Ah ok. ??? I don't know anyone who has ever asked for a cart and has been given one. I have seen people wandering around with them...piled up high with junk; generally, they're homeless people.

moo

Ah ok. ??? I don't know anyone who has ever asked for a cart and has been given one. I have seen people wandering around with them...piled up high with junk; generally, they're homeless people.

moo

Yeah they are worth around $150 +/- for a basic one

My grocery stores will let me take boxes lol not carts!

Around here, the carts wheels lock up once you are off the parking lot of the grocery store plaza. It's like that invisible fencing they use for dogs. Anti theft device. And I betcha those babies are even more expensive.

Since we now know there was a chop shop being run out of the Millard Air hanger, then there is no doubt AM, at the very least, knew what was going on....as there's a wealth of photos from FB and elsewhere showing him working on the cars in the hanger.

Therefore, if AM was cleared by LE for the Bosma murder, I'm sure he may be implicated in the chop shop operation. Perhaps when LE said he was "cleared", they meant in relation to the Bosma murder, but maybe not in relation to other charges.

Maybe he's bargaining down potential theft charges by squawking on DM and AS. I can't believe anyone who was likely part of the chop shop operation could not understand the mind of DM and what motivates him.

No, duress is only a defense if you're threatened with something worse than what they want you to do. "I had to kill him or they would have killed me." is not a defense for murder. That could theoretically have got him off the theft and forcible confinement charges had Tim been found alive, but it does him no good now.

But, it does put a different light onto the events if DM was coerced. I'm sure if this was the case he wouldn't be trying to figure out a legal defense at the time of the event. Instead he would be trying to figure out how to save his own hide. Let's say DM did kill TB (which is questionable). If he wasn't coerced then a jury would see him in a much different light (mean, nasty, thrill seeking) than if he was coerced (scared, in over his head, wrong place at wrong time) whether he can use that as a defense or not. A good lawyer would certainly bring out the fact that he was coerced which would influence the jury decision.

BTW, from what I saw the charge was automatically upgraded to murder once a body was found which doesn't mean there is actual evidence that DM was the one who did it. Everything I've read so far relates to circumstantial evidence, heresay and red herrings.

Nothing is wrong with circumstantial evidence, it can still get someone convicted!

moo

Where we live, shopping carts are often used as a means to get groceries from the store to their residence by folks who don't have a vehicle. These people are not homeless. While technically this is theft, the stores don't seem to do much about it other than send a person out to collect carts. Also check on YouTube for redneck grills made using a shopping cart also by folks not homeless. DM was into shooting videos so perhaps he acquired quite legally a shopping cart to be used as a prop. Besides, just because it was in his truck doesn't mean it was his shopping cart. He could have been transporting it for a friend for whatever reason. At best DM may have had a shopping cart he acquired either legally or illegally but that doesn't mean the groceries inside if they were groceries were stolen. So the whole issue of the shopping cart to me is a red herring.

Cannot remember who posted about DM with the shopping cart...however, I believe what the initial poster was trying to get across wasn't that DM was out stealing shopping carts, it was that here is an example of DM flaunting that he can even get away with stealing a shopping cart!

Like who does that? Take the cart then brag about taking it?

Where we live, shopping carts are often used as a means to get groceries from the store to their residence by folks who don't have a vehicle. These people are not homeless. While technically this is theft, the stores don't seem to do much about it other than send a person out to collect carts. Also check on YouTube for redneck grills made using a shopping cart also by folks not homeless. DM was into shooting videos so perhaps he acquired quite legally a shopping cart to be used as a prop. Besides, just because it was in his truck doesn't mean it was his shopping cart. He could have been transporting it for a friend for whatever reason. At best DM may have had a shopping cart he acquired either legally or illegally but that doesn't mean the groceries inside if they were groceries were stolen. So the whole issue of the shopping cart to me is a red herring.

It sounds like perhaps you haven't seen the photos? The shopping cart was standing up in the back of DM's red truck. Inside the shopping cart are some cases of pop, a watermelon and a number of plastic shopping bags (from Bruno's Fine Foods) with groceries inside including potato chips. As we are not allowed to link to the Facebook accounts of people other than the suspects or victims, I can't include the link but hopefully I can say that these photos were posted by one of DM's friends from France who was visiting, and the comments written by this person and the others visiting, made mention of the cart being "borrowed" (comment was made in French but they too used the quotation marks around the word, which to me implies something), about how the guys were laughing, and something about being worried when taking corners/turning (like the cart would fall over or out). Then there is a photo of the truck, with the shopping cart still standing up full in the back, in DM's driveway and the comment says something about finally making it home safely.

I agree this cart business may be a herring, but it keeps being brought up so I wanted to clarify what the photos depicted as much as possible. There is nothing to suggest to they did not pay for the groceries. However, I think it is highly doubtful they paid for, or were given, a shopping cart at Bruno's (an upscale/expensive store), or that a cart would be needed as a "prop".

... Everything I've read so far relates to circumstantial evidence, heresay and red herrings.

Oooh, I wouldn't say that the case is that weak. There is a pretty exclusive line of opportunity from the time TB got into the truck with DM and MS until he was dead, supported by traffic cams, cell phone tower pings, eye witnesses, interior evidence in the truck, the deceased's body, etc. We may consider also their post offense behaviour.

Logic, common sense, and probabilities are not in DM and MS's favour. As one of the writers in an article mentioned above put it, "they've left a cookie crumb trail of evidence".

<modsnip>

I think the poor guy is Tim Bosma, who will not be able to take his daughter down the aisle at her wedding and experience the things every parent hopes to experience with their child.

<modsnip>

The circumstances that make the murder of Tim Bosma, make this crime even worse.

Just to be fair about the shopping cart - DM isn't seen in any of those pictures. And we've heard how generous he always was with his friends.

Just to be fair about the shopping cart - DM isn't seen in any of those pictures. And we've heard how generous he always was with his friends.

And he might have simply unloaded the groceries and taken the cart back. The point isn't so much whether the driver stole the cart or not. To drive through town with something so obviously delinquent, photograph it, and allow it to be posted on fb, displays an attitude of devil-may-care and bravado.

I've removed a couple of posts. Please read this area as a reminder of how we handle conflict around here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Oooh, I wouldn't say that the case is that weak. There is a pretty exclusive line of opportunity from the time TB got into the truck with DM and MS until he was dead, supported by traffic cams, cell phone tower pings, eye witnesses, interior evidence in the truck, the deceased's body, etc. We may consider also their post offense behaviour.

Logic, common sense, and probabilities are not in DM and MS's favour. As one of the writers in an article mentioned above put it, "they've left a cookie crumb trail of evidence".

Well IMO you are right about the cookie crumbs left behind...but we still do not know by whom. 'All that glitters is not gold' JMO

Knock it off in here right now! This is ridiculous.

And he might have simply unloaded the groceries and taken the cart back. The point isn't so much whether the driver stole the cart or not. To drive through town with something so obviously delinquent, photograph it, and allow it to be posted on fb, displays an attitude of devil-may-care and bravado.

I agree it wasn't a very smart thing to do. But we really don't know who that driver was, or even who all went on the grocery errand. We do know it wasn't him who posted the picture. I believe that it was originally brought up as an example of DM being a thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echizenryoma