General Discussion Thread #1 -Bail Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 4 shots is true, there is no way this was an accident. And, it is not the first time someone tried to use this exact excuse and get away with murder.

Appears press immediately started to speculate that g/f showed up to surprise him.

article-2278606-1793D41C000005DC-601_634x326.jpg

from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2278606/Nike-advert-2011-features-Oscar-Pistorius-bullet-chamber.html

Reeva%20Steenkamp%20-1709070.jpg

from ** link **

RIP Reeva.

We seem to have two threads about this topic, btw.

And requiescat in pace, Reeva.

news reports talk about how one of his ex-girlfriends was going to tell a newspaper "what oscar put me through" but she later retracted her words and offer to tell-all...

i wonder if she'll share now. and i wonder if she'd shared then, if reeva would be alive today?

i didn't like this guy from the get-go when we heard about him prior to the olympic games... his desire to participate in both the able-bodied and paralympics just seemed a double standard (wanting to be seen as able-bodied --"the first amputee to run in the games..."-- yet still participating in the second games as well... more glory? more medal? more attention???)... just seemed he had a grandiose sense of entitlement... i wonder if that'll come into play with the events of last night... ?

i'm from south africa and the stories going around that there was a supposed intruder are untrue. this has been confirmed by the police.
http://news.iafrica.com/sa/842576.html

This part about previous incidents of domestic violence between them in the article stuck out to me:

Beukes said there had been incidents of domestic violence at his house.

"I confirm there had been previous incidents of a domestic nature at his place, but this will form part of the investigation," she said.

I didn't like how he was complaining about the other guy's blades after he lost to that guy in the paralympics.
First he argues that blades don't give him an advantage, so he can run in regular olympics.
Then he complains about other guy's blades in the paralympics?
Of course there is a far cry from that to what he is accused of now.

I was such a big fan and really admired him. Not to mention the fact that he is so good looking :blushing:

Screams, shouts... then four shots: Pistorius charged with murdering his model lover after gun horror at 4am

"Brigadier Denise Beukes said neighbours were woken by 'screaming and shouting' at the time of the shooting and police were 'very surprised' by the intruder suggestion, telling reporters: 'These allegations did not come from us.'

She said there is no other suspect involved and added: 'There are witnesses and there have also been interviews... we are talking about neighbours and people that heard things that happened earlier in the evening and when the shooting took place.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...girlfriend-Reeva-Steenkamp.html#ixzz2KvzmQK14

How do I change it? I can't see an edit button???

If you want the title changed, a mod has to do that. I think it is okay.

To ask a mod to change it:

Go to your first post. At the top right hand corner you will see a very small red and white triangle. Click that. Then a screen will pop up with a blank field to type in reason for alerting on post. Type in your reason and submit.

Yes, it should be changed. If the neighbors heard fighting and screaming and shouting, and there were 4 shots, and there are previous DV incidents, then this was no accident. :mad:

Looking at her picture is very sad. What a beautiful girl. Her family must be devastated. :rose:

Formally charged, photos @ link:

Blade Runner in the dock: Oscar Pistorius holds his head in his hands as he is formally charged with murdering his model girlfriend who 'was shot four times through bathroom door' at his home

According to media reports in South Africa this morning, security guards at the complex found Pistorius by Steenkamp's body in the bathroom after she had been shot four times through the door.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ars-charged-count-murder-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member