General Discussion Thread No. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmm :waitasec:

Some trouble in paradise perhaps? Is it time for a new spokesperson? Already?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/17/nmaddy217.xml

Writing in his online blog (http://www.findmadeleine.com/), Gerry McCann said: "Contrary to some other reports Kate and I do NOT accept that Madeleine is 'probably' dead".

"We know it is a possibility, however the fact there is no evidence Madeleine has been seriously harmed gives us ongoing hope that she will be found alive."

Previously, the couple's spokesman said that the balance of their feelings about what has happened to the four-year-old had tipped towards accepting the worst possible outcome, nearly six months after she vanished.

"Kate and Gerry are realistic enough to know that there is a probability she is dead," Clarence Mitchell said.

I have the feeling we will be seeing more of you poco, and really soon!

Stay tuned...

hee hee hee, for some naughty reason I hope you are right. Keep up the good sleuthing colomom.

Here is the complete article Barnaby:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/18815/I-WILL-CRACK-MADDIE-CASE/

The main thing that grabbed my eye was this:

"The police chief stressed that the case did not hinge solely on forensic tests."

When you mention the "report" you heard that indicated that the results have revealed more information, were you speaking about the BBC radio or TV report they are talking about over at the MF?

The TV report, I just checked Ceefax it is saying that Ribiero has told El Pais that the results of the forensic tests could be of difinitive help in explaining what happened.

The TV report, I just checked Ceefax it is saying that Ribiero has told El Pais that the results of the forensic tests could be of difinitive help in explaining what happened.

It is very interesting B,

Since Ribiero came onboard the leaks have ceased (apparently). Now the UK media is reading the Portuguese press and that is their only source of information.

I always felt that the longer the tests took the better because it signaled to me that there was something to test. One of our other WS posters wrote that once a positive test (test # 1) is received than they would move on to test # 2 and so on. Everyone knows how important these results will be to the investigation.

Also, how long have we been hearing about the Tapas 7/9/12/? being interviewed again? So, just as the latest results have been received, reviewed (by the PJ and their higher-ups) and documented, now the team is supposedly ready to go. I am thinking that there is new information to "discuss" with certain people. And they are sending a Prosecutor too?!?! Do you know what the Prosecutor's do in Portugal? They assign the Arguido status :eek:

I will watch very closely over the next few days. Once it is confirmed that they have arrived, then I will start to let myself be hopeful.

Until then....
sad052.gif

It is very interesting B,

Since Ribiero came onboard the leaks have ceased (apparently). Now the UK media is reading the Portuguese press and that is their only source of information.

I always felt that the longer the tests took the better because it signaled to me that there was something to test. One of our other WS posters wrote that once a positive test (test # 1) is received than they would move on to test # 2 and so on. Everyone knows how important these results will be to the investigation.

Also, how long have we been hearing about the Tapas 7/9/12/? being interviewed again? So, just as the latest results have been received, reviewed (by the PJ and their higher-ups) and documented, now the team is supposedly ready to go. I am thinking that there is new information to "discuss" with certain people. And they are sending a Prosecutor too?!?! Do you know what the Prosecutor's do in Portugal? They assign the Arguido status :eek:

I will watch very closely over the next few days. Once it is confirmed that they have arrived, then I will start to let myself be hopeful.

Until then....
sad052.gif
It certainly seems to be moving now Colomom, I would say that Riberio is a very professional leader for this investigation.
Strange that Russell O'Brien was about to release a timeline, I wonder will he still speak?
Despite my suspicions about the McCanns from the very first day that I heard what Kate shouted "They've taken her, They've taken her" & my distaste at the way they have behaved, I get a chill when I think that they may be proved guilty from all of this. I still hate to believe that parents of a child or their friends could act so callously.

PJ were also discussing the convenience of waiting until FSS results were in before traveling to England for the English interrogation of the doctor/friends. Now that the trip is set & immediate, it probably signals results are complete.

I am totally lost, what is Ribero doing giving interviews? I thought they are not supposed to be talking publicly about the case?

I believe Ribeiro is the officer in the case who admitted there had been many police leaks to the media. He can talk in generalities and notice, he does. Details are not permitted. But he puts out tantalising phrases like, "We have a pretty good idea of what happened" and who the killer is.

Tuba, thanks. I thought they were not allowed to speak about the case period.

I wonder if O'Brien's statement that he was about to release a timeline, if he then stalls, is/was more of a publicity ploy than anything else. You know, a "I would have told you BUT now I can't."

If he had anything to say that would have cleared the McCanns in a convincing way, why didn't he say this when they were first declared arguidos?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/22747/Kate-and-the-lost-5-minutes-

KATE AND ‘THE LOST 5 MINUTES’

PORTUGUESE police are focusing the Madeleine investigation on five minutes when her mother cannot account for her movements, it was claimed last night.
Detectives say Kate, 39, has been unable to explain where she was before she raised the alarm that her daughter had vanished on May 3. They are concerned it was 40 minutes before police were called.

More interesting details of the PJ's trip to the UK:

(thanks to debk at the Proboards79 forum)

And it named the Prosecutor who is joining the team on their UK field trip: José Cunha de Magalhães e Meneses

José Cunha de Magalhães e Meneses allegedly has the authority to move someone from arguido to being officially "charged."

Two relevant quotes made after the McCanns were constituted arguidos:

Sky News, 11 Sept: Police handed their files to the Algarve-based prosecutor, Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, for him to decide whether to bring charges against Kate and Gerry McCann.

Daily Mail, 24 Sept: District Attorney Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, who has been studying the ten volumes of evidence amassed against Kate and Gerry McCann, has given detectives a stark choice. A police source claimed: "The District Attorney's office has given police an ultimatum - find Madeleine's body or the McCanns will escape."

Barnaby: You were talking a page back about Google News not working earlier.

What I did was bookmark the NewsNow page about Madeleine in my signature. It works great and refreshes itself whenever there is something new.

I am very very interested in this case. However, from the beginning there was a lot of BS thrown at us which led to too much useless speculation. I couldn't tell what was the truth, what was a rumor and what was a lie from all the info being thrown out there by the press, tabs, etc... First we would hear one thing and then a day later there would be a contradiction. Kinda made me lose interest in following the case at this point. While I still pray that Maddie is found and, if she is dead, those responsible are convicted, I have a hard time staying involved with a case that is, IMO, at a stalemate at this time. When things start picking up and when we begin to hear things that are proven to be FACTS, I'll be right back in here posting with everyone.

Except I'll check in once a day to catch the latest news.
This case reminds me so much of the Natalee Holloway case. Strong suspects but no conclusion. They never found Natalee and I'm afraid they won't find Maddy.

Barnaby: You were talking a page back about Google News not working earlier.

What I did was bookmark the NewsNow page about Madeleine in my signature. It works great and refreshes itself whenever there is something new.
Thanks it is working today, must have been a technical glitch

Does anyone know what kind of Sofa was in the apartment? Was it a sleeper sofa?

We vacation frequently on the outer banks of NC and always rent a beach condo. Every one has always had a sleeper sofa to increase the number of sleeping quarters. When the bed folds back into the couch, there is ample room to store the extra pillows and blankets inside the couch.

I wonder if Madeline's body was stored IN the sofa for several hours until she was transported to a different area.:waitasec:

Does anyone know what kind of Sofa was in the apartment? Was it a sleeper sofa?

We vacation frequently on the outer banks of NC and always rent a beach condo. Every one has always had a sleeper sofa to increase the number of sleeping quarters. When the bed folds back into the couch, there is ample room to store the extra pillows and blankets inside the couch.

I wonder if Madeline's body was stored IN the sofa for several hours until she was transported to a different area.:waitasec:
Now there's a thought! It was reported that the cadaver dogs alerted around the sofa, I am almost sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...&ito =newsnow

Kate McCann to quit career as doctor to work in child care

Now that is bizarre. Reminds me of OJ vowing to look for the real killer.

Don't worry, be happy. In another year we will have Kate wandering the streets barefoot with matted hair. Just what everyone has been wanting to see.

On the other hand, hm ... PJ mentioned a killer. Singular. There's still time for them to wake up and realize that if it was an inside job, it had to be Gerry and Gerry alone. He has set up his beloved ice queen for a fall, and why not? Everyone knows that's what she deserves. For being such an ice queen.

Bring on the hounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member