General questions here

Am I just imagining it or does anyone else think there is something weird about the whole Prepaid legal, Gus Searcy, Chris Hughes thing. There seems to be far more going on there than we know about and I wonder if it will all come out after the trial. All is not as it seems with that set up.

I thought the exact same thing. Something doesn't seem quite right there. Like there is some big secret.

Am I just imagining it or does anyone else think there is something weird about the whole Prepaid legal, Gus Searcy, Chris Hughes thing. There seems to be far more going on there than we know about and I wonder if it will all come out after the trial. All is not as it seems with that set up.

I think so too, Travis was supposed to host a conference call that evening, he texted with Chris Hughes that afternoon about it, when Travis didn't do the conference call at all, why didn't Chris get worried when Travis wasn't returning his calls? This apparently wasn't normal behavior for TA so why did no one wonder what was up? Friends and even roommates may have thought he'd gone out of town but it would have been for business and Chris or Gus would have known about it. No one associated with PPL gets worried for more than 4 days? I just don't get it.

I don't know where to post this question because I am new here also, but it is my understanding that JA drove to a Wells Fargo bank to make two deposits before she started her drive to AZ... does anyone know where those funds came from? Were they checks or cash? For someone working as a waitress that seems like a rather significant 'tip' or earnings since her work hours appeared to be spotty the week before she went.
Please advise where I should post questions like this in the future and I will do so. Also, it seems like the latest thread has been locked...

I have a few questions regarding Gus Searcy and his relationship with Jodi.

"And then at one point, she called me up one day and she was very upset. They’d had some kind of a fight and she needed to get away. And I said, Well, I happen to be in Las Vegas, about an hour and a half away. Why don’t you just come there and spend a day or so with me there, let things calm down."

Do we know when this "fight" occurred between Jodi and Travis?

Is it possible that her trip to LV was around the time she slashed his tires? I know she's fond of the out of state alibi.

Did Travis have any knowledge about this mentor relationship between Jodi and Gus? Did he know she was staying with Gus in LV?

Not sure where to post this so I'll try here.

A while ago people were trying to find affordable housing for Travis' family during the rest of this trial which, unfortunately, seems like it will go on forever. Has that happened? Also, does anyone know if monetary contributions are still coming in to help them with their day-to-day living expenses?

can I get a link to today please. Have looked. No luck.

Have we heard/does anybody know what books and magazine subscription ALV gave JA? tia

Does anyone know what all that was between Willmont and JA after recess was called? I see the two talking away and then JA takes her glasses off and then starts to look to her left and quickly puts her glasses back on and the Willmont takes her out of the view of the camera...but of course it pans right to them....I just think Willmonts action in court are extremely unprofessional and child like...

I don't follow this thread much, as there are a couple of others that I do follow and that's about all I can manage. This seems like the best place for my question, so I hope you all can help me. First of all, I should make it clear that I believe JA is guilty of 1st degree felony murder and I believe the State has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt (yes, I have formed my opinion without hearing all the evidence). Second, I am opposed to the death penalty in all cases and I'm not much interested in that aspect of this case. I live in Texas and am ashamed of this state's history and reputation regarding the death penalty. Here's my question:
When did the "battered woman" (self defense) defense first appear in this case? On 4/11/13, during her time on the stand answering juror questions, ALV stated that when she first met her JA spoke very positively about Travis and "didn't want to think of herself" as a battered woman. I believe ALV first met JA in November 2011. I just can't form a complete understanding about where the battered woman defense came from in this case. Can anybody answer that for me?
So there's my question and here are a couple of observations that I've been itching to contribute:
When ALV first took the stand she spoke about her belief that Hollywood portrays an unrealistic view of intimate partner abuse. She said that in movies the victim (woman) is always a much loved, sweet, innocent character and the abuser (man) is a monster. ALV said that is seldom the case in real life but that's pretty much the way she has characterized the relationship between JA and Travis. According to ALV Travis was a womanizing, dishonest cad who had everybody fooled and JA was just one in the procession of Travis's innocent victims. According to ALV JA always tried to placate Travis and never lied until after she brutally murdered him.
Finally, my understanding of cases in which the battered woman defense has been successful involved horrific on-going abuse in relationships that is more in line with the classic dominating abuser who has succeeded in isolating his partner and working over time to make the woman completely dependent on him. The women in such situations kill out of desperation and fear for their lives. This is clearly not the case here so it seems to me that the battered woman defense, even if the incidents of violence that JA now reports did occur, is not applicable. The defense hasn't put forth evidence to support total domination by Travis and JA being or feeling trapped in the relationship. The only testimony that JA feared for her life was JA's own and there are clearly secondary gains associated with her saying so (not to mention that she drove 1000 miles, and worked diligently to cover her tracks before and after, to put herself in that "life threatening" situation). Have I missed other testimony that supports those claims? TIA for any feedback.

Date that recordings began: ? May 2008?
Date that the rental car was 'reserved/booked' not when she picked it up:
Date of murder: June 4th 2008
Date of Jodi's arrest: July 15th 2008
Date that journals were handed over:?
Date that phone (with recordings) was handed over:?
Date that Angela Arias left the country:?

Has there been any discussion as to whether or not Jodi's boyfriend (the one that committed suicide) death investigated? How did he die and where was Jodi when it happened?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Curious...how long is the life sentence in AZ? What are the living conditions for a person serving a life sentence?

Curious...how long is the life sentence in AZ? What are the living conditions for a person serving a life sentence?

Does life not imply someones whole life? Think 35/40years is what it implies over here but it's to the judges discretion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Does life not imply someones whole life? Think 35/40years is what it implies over here but it's to the judges discretion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I wasn't sure. In some states it is as little as 25 years. And in some of those, unless it is Life without Parole, they can be released sooner than 25 years.

AZ is 35/40 years? Is that Life without parole or is parole possible?

I was wondering when JA asked about how many stab wounds did Travis have during the police interrogation had she been told that he had stab wounds already?

Reminder: post your question on this thread and if you are answering a question kindly quote the question you are answering. This is not a general discussion thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back