General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure where to post this, so will try it here..

Tommy got 15 years and if I'm reading things correctly, he has 30 days to appeal.

I'm sure he knows what happened, and may even have been directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance, but due to the layers of lies he has told LE, it's almost impossible to separate fact from fiction.

Based on the tapes, he certainly didn't expect 15 years and by now, it must have even sunk into his thick head that he has not done himeself any favours by supplying misleading information.

Would it not now be a good time (before the 30 days are up) for LE to provide him with transcripts of all his LDT tests, as well as any other statements he had provided and go through them one by one and indicate which is true and which is not. As well, add some other (well thought out) questions about that night, not only regarding his whereabouts, but everyone concerned, as well as get to the bottom of any gun or drug dealings that may have played a role. If this is his last kick at the can as far as an appeal goes, he might go for it.

As far as I can see, his lawyer has done a terrible job by not being able to work out some kind of a deal (probably because of all the lies Tommy has told) but I'm also thinking that LE may not have been asking the right questions (based on the fact that last time, TC told Lindsy that they only asked him one question - whether or not he was at the MH that night).

Even if he was responsible in some way for Haleigh's demise, then maybe a deal could still be worked out to get him a lesser sentence in that regard (and we would finally know what really happened)

Is Werter just going to let this go, if indeed he does have 30 days to appeal?

Tommy got 15 years and if I'm reading things correctly, he has 30 days to appeal.

I'm sure he knows what happened, and may even have been directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance, but due to the layers of lies he has told LE, it's almost impossible to separate fact from fiction.

Based on the tapes, he certainly didn't expect 15 years and by now, it must have even sunk into his thick head that he has not done himeself any favours by supplying misleading information.

Would it not now be a good time (before the 30 days are up) for LE to provide him with transcripts of all his LDT tests, as well as any other statements he had provided and go through them one by one and indicate which is true and which is not. As well, add some other (well thought out) questions about that night, not only regarding his whereabouts, but everyone concerned, as well as get to the bottom of any gun or drug dealings that may have played a role. If this is his last kick at the can as far as an appeal goes, he might go for it.

As far as I can see, his lawyer has done a terrible job by not being able to work out some kind of a deal (probably because of all the lies Tommy has told) but I'm also thinking that LE may not have been asking the right questions (based on the fact that last time, TC told Lindsy that they only asked him one question - whether or not he was at the MH that night).

Even if he was responsible in some way for Haleigh's demise, then maybe a deal could still be worked out to get him a lesser sentence in that regard (and we would finally know what really happened)

Werter has filed a Motion appealing the sentence. I am not sure how successful it will be given Tommy and Werter both knew going into the sentencing phase that he could get up to 30 years. Clearly neither expected that but they were both aware it could happen.

As far as LE sitting down with Tommy now and trying to deal for information, that can only happen if: a) Werter allows it or, b) Tommy goes against his attorney's advice and allows it.

Werter has already said Tommy will say nothing more unless he is promised immunity. That actually makes sense given Werter feels at this point that LE cannot be trusted and that they are just out to trap his client into talking.

If Tommy was there and saw something or played maybe a minor role in the cover up and nothing else, I would be OK with him having immunity in return for telling the truth. That would have to be something he could prove, though, and Tommy himself has said there is no evidence anymore, it's gone.

Regardless of who did what, any statements made would have to be proven as fact; I am not sure that is even possible at this late date, unless someone can show LE where to find physical evidence and that evidence is in fact still there.

Many thanks krkrjx for clarifying that Werter has filed a motion to appeal the sentence. So that means there is a slight chance that something may come out of this after all. I think he was naïve if he thought all TC’s bs would result in less than 15 years. LE want accurate information, and clearly don’t believe they have it yet.

I also wouldn't mind TC getting immunity if it finally let to the truth. Even if the physical evidence is gone regarding Haleigh, there has to be other information that would lead to a motive. I don’t believe that JO just went in and grabbed Haleigh for no apparent reason (not finding a gun that didn’t belong to him would not be a good reason imo). Something has to tie in with RC’s strange behaviour and all those phone calls – he knew something was up that night before he arrived home that night, and Tommy knows the reason why JO came to visit and it probably was not for a family vacation, but some kind of criminal activity.

Whatever new information TC comes up with (if any) has to tie up all these loose ends, and give a rational explanation for the actions of those concerned, because we know that very little has made sense so far. Of course, we don’t know what info LE has, but they obviously don’t have enough yet to go to trial.

Many thanks krkrjx for clarifying that Werter has filed a motion to appeal the sentence. So that means there is a slight chance that something may come out of this after all. I think he was naïve if he thought all TC’s bs would result in less than 15 years. LE want accurate information, and clearly don’t believe they have it yet.

I also wouldn't mind TC getting immunity if it finally let to the truth. Even if the physical evidence is gone regarding Haleigh, there has to be other information that would lead to a motive. I don’t believe that JO just went in and grabbed Haleigh for no apparent reason (not finding a gun that didn’t belong to him would not be a good reason imo). Something has to tie in with RC’s strange behaviour and all those phone calls – he knew something was up that night before he arrived home that night, and Tommy knows the reason why JO came to visit and it probably was not for a family vacation, but some kind of criminal activity.

Whatever new information TC comes up with (if any) has to tie up all these loose ends, and give a rational explanation for the actions of those concerned, because we know that very little has made sense so far. Of course, we don’t know what info LE has, but they obviously don’t have enough yet to go to trial.

I'll venture to say Ron C knew Haleigh was deceased before he ever showed up for work that evening..JMHO

I'll venture to say Ron C knew Haleigh was deceased before he ever showed up for work that evening..JMHO

Yes, I think so too. Either he knew that Haleigh was deceased, or knew there was "something" going on at the MH and wanted to maintain his distance (and alibi) until the coast was clear to return.

I don't know Emeral. I truly believe Ron worked his normal hours that night and got off at midnight. There was plenty of time for something to have happened after he left work.

Sure, he was seen at the convenience store shortly after 3:00 a.m., but that highway runs both ways. He could have easily gone back by there just so he could be seen on video.

Werter has filed a Motion appealing the sentence. I am not sure how successful it will be given Tommy and Werter both knew going into the sentencing phase that he could get up to 30 years. Clearly neither expected that but they were both aware it could happen.

[Snipped]

Let's hope Mr. Werter is better at appellate work, although I doubt it.

[BBM]

Or he could simply try telling the truth and passing a new lie detector test. I rather do that than point out all the lies I've told.

I don't know Emeral. I truly believe Ron worked his normal hours that night and got off at midnight. There was plenty of time for something to have happened after he left work.

Sure, he was seen at the convenience store shortly after 3:00 a.m., but that highway runs both ways. He could have easily gone back by there just so he could be seen on video.

You could be right... However I'm maintaining my stance...Hopefully the truth of the matter will someday soon be revealed...JMHO

[BBM]

Or he could simply try telling the truth and passing a new lie detector test. I rather do that than point out all the lies I've told.

I think it would amount to the same thing.

They would probably be required to point out that the answer was different than last time and verify that this time he was telling the truth.

It would also be interesting to see where and why he lied in the first place. In other words, was he covering up for himself or someone else.

[Snipped]

Let's hope Mr. Werter is better at appellate work, although I doubt it.

I have not had a chance to look at Tommy's docket info today but at the time I posted about Werter's motion, the motion was listed and it does not appear to be a Motion for Appeal through appellate court (like the appeal Hope Sykes has filed). It looks like a motion filed with LaRue's court--the same judge that pronounced the sentence.

Tommy's case has been re-opened, though, so it appears the court is willing to hear Werter's plea for Tommy's sentence being modified. We'll just have to wait and see how successful he is in arguing Tommy's case. I do not see why Judge LaRue would decide to lower the 15-year sentence just for the asking, but it looks as if he is willing to hear them out.

I have not had a chance to look at Tommy's docket info today but at the time I posted about Werter's motion, the motion was listed and it does not appear to be a Motion for Appeal through appellate court (like the appeal Hope Sykes has filed). It looks like a motion filed with LaRue's court--the same judge that pronounced the sentence.

Tommy's case has been re-opened, though, so it appears the court is willing to hear Werter's plea for Tommy's sentence being modified. We'll just have to wait and see how successful he is in arguing Tommy's case. I do not see why Judge LaRue would decide to lower the 15-year sentence just for the asking, but it looks as if he is willing to hear them out.

I was wondering why it said case re-opened. Hmm..lets hope that if Tommy knows all that happen to Haleigh he tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...:praying:

Details: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542010CF000147XXAXMX
File Date: 01/21/2010
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: REOPENED CASE
Defense Atty: WERTER, JAMES S
Case File Location: CRIMINAL DIVISION

Defendant: CROSLIN, HANK T JR

07/30/2010 51 STATES MOTION TO QUASH DEFENDANTS SUBPOENA

08/02/2010 52 RESPONSE TO STATES MOTION TO QUASH DEFENDANTS SUBPOENA

08/06/2010 53 SCORESHEET FILED *USED BY THE COURT IN SENTENCING*

08/06/2010 54 SCORESHEET FILED *FILED PER JUDGE, NOT USED IN

08/06/2010 54 COMPUTING DEFENDANT'S SENTENCE*

08/06/2010 55 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY JAMES WERTER,

08/06/2010 55 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE

08/06/2010 55 (4G - 14G)
08/06/2010 55 15 YEARS DOC WITH 197 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

08/06/2010 55 10 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

08/06/2010 55 3 YEARS OF DOC SENTENCE ARE MINIMUM MANDATORY

08/06/2010 55 $395 COURT COSTS

08/06/2010 55 $1.00 TO FIRST STEP, INC

08/06/2010 55 $20 TO THE CRIME STOPPERS TRUST FUND

08/06/2010 55 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

08/06/2010 55 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

08/06/2010 55 COST OF SUPERVISION SET AT $10 PER MONTH

08/06/2010 55 TO UNDERGO AND PAY FOR DRUG TESTING

08/06/2010 55 $50,000 FINE MINIMUM MANDATORY

08/06/2010 55 FIRST PAYMENT DUE 90 DAYS AFTER RELEASE

08/06/2010 56 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT

08/06/2010 57 STIPULATION ON BURGLARY CHARGE

08/06/2010 58 WITNESS TESTIFIED DAILY

08/09/2010 59 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE

08/09/2010 60 COMMITMENT ISSUED

08/09/2010 61 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE AS TO JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE

08/17/2010 62 MOTION FOR MODIFICATION OF SENTENCE

If I'm not mistaken, (there may be some that I don't know about), Tommy has only taken 1 test. & according to his own words, (for what they're worth), he was only asked 1 question. so that particular transcript shouldn't be hard to comb through, lol.

If I'm not mistaken, (there may be some that I don't know about), Tommy has only taken 1 test. & according to his own words, (for what they're worth), he was only asked 1 question. so that particular transcript shouldn't be hard to comb through, lol.

I thought there were two. The first one (April 8) that resulted in the search of the river (after which, Werter said he no longer represented Tommy on the Haleigh case, only the criminal one) and the second one where Lindsy got mad at him because they only asked him one question and she said that he couldn't even get that right.

Am I confused, and this was the same test?

Does anyone know what time it was, Tommy's dog was heard barking the night of Feb 9th? or was it the 10th? Didn't Tommy receive a visit from LE concerning the disturbance?

Does anyone know what time it was, Tommy's dog was heard barking the night of Feb 9th? or was it the 10th? Didn't Tommy receive a visit from LE concerning the disturbance?

Here you go--the incident was reported Feb 4th and citation served 11:00 am on the 10th.

dog%20report1.jpg

Here you go--the incident was reported Feb 4th and citation served 11:00 am on the 10th.
View attachment 10904

OK.. We have a child who has been reported missing....The area is swarming with LE attempting to find out what happened to Haleigh that morning and LE found time to serve Tommy Croslin with a citation concerning a complaint that was made a week earlier... Not buying that one...And I don't care what the report states...
Too too much hink concerning reports that have been released by LE for my liking...JMHO

I have a quick question about something that makes we wonder. According to Cobra himself (not just RC)--he says that Tim got up around 1:00 that morning and the van and JO were missing. If I had borrowed a vehicle from my brother and I woke up in the middle of the night and found it gone, I would sure as heck be calling around to make sure my house guest had that van or that my brother, himself, came and got it. So theoretically there should be some phone activity from Tim's, Chelsea's or their land line phone around that time of night. And someone answered that call with an explanation or there would have been a call to LE about a stolen van.

My question is: Did Tim tell Chelsea any of this, but didn't want to put himself in the middle of the mess so refused to tell LE? It certainly seemed like Chelsea wanted the info out there, but could only say the part she actually witnessed: the keys being moved and the van being parked differently. She totally omitted the part about Tim waking up and finding the van gone. Granted, it was heresay from her husband, but did he tell LE? If so, then they KNEW that Joe or Tommy had that van that night and they KNEW Misty stated early on a comment about her blanket in the "van they took". Why on earth wasn't Joe detained before he left the state? I think I've lost all confidence in this case ever being solved. Sigh

Please forgive me if this has been covered and I missed it, but do any of you think that the AC guy and Ron's work associates have been conspicuously, oddly... silent? I would imagine that they may have some interesting input, one way or another.

In many high-profile cases with media saturation even individuals on the fringe who know next to nothing want to get their faces on the screen for their 15 minutes of notoriety; Yet it seems we've heard big fat zip from certain ones who'd likely know something worth knowing.

Not saying LE havent talked with them bc Im sure they have, but other players in this saga have been all over the news, giving interviews and yackin it up; Where are these folks... AC guy and Ron's work associates? Or have I not thought this all the way thru?

IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member