George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine how hard it is being a juror and avoid seeing any information about this trial. It’s the lead or top of the page story on almost all major sites. It’s on many TV stations and YouTube. I feel sorry for them. If it wasn’t a powder keg before it got ratcheted up after the unfortunate incident the other day. It couldn’t have happened at a worse time.

bringing this over because I really hope someone else can chime in on it.

In further research, I found this article

Pathology of Asphyxial Death: Overview, Epidemiology, Mechanism of Morbidity and Mortality

i tried to follow the studies linked but couldn’t get them to load. Might be a phone issue and I don’t have my laptop charger to switch devices.

I missed a day of trial as I had to get an MRI - did they address any of the other physical signs of asphyxia like blood vessels in the eyes?
Yes, they did talk about asphyxia and how sometimes there are no physical signs found in autopsy. They also discussed how important it was to examine the crime scene to look for clues when asphyxiation is suspected.

In this case, the evidence is on the video and body cam footage. Imo

I can’t imagine how hard it is being a juror and avoid seeing any information about this trial. It’s the lead or top of the page story on almost all major sites. It’s on many TV stations and YouTube. I feel sorry for them. If it wasn’t a powder keg before it got ratcheted up after the unfortunate incident the other day. It couldn’t have happened at a worse time.
I wonder if any members of the jury will succumb to a natural curiosity and do some research on the internet over the next few days. JMO

Anyone wondering why the State didn't use the 2 previous incidents of Chauvin's that they fought to introduce???

I can only assume that the State deemed them not helpful as the trial went on.

This is JMO but I do think that the Defense did a good job with "moving" Chauvin's knee from neck to the back during the trial. I no longer believe his knee was physically on GF's neck. I wonder if the incident that showed they moved someone into the recovery position didn't follow the States narrative for this case and would do more damage than good. again ALL JMO

I respectfully disagree that the defense successfully "moved" the knee when there is this photo and video evidence showing exactly where the knee was placed.

NINTCHDBPICT000585346846-12-e1590759157950.jpg

I am a Minnesota Wild fan.. you can't even watch a hockey game without hearing something. I am seriously concerned for the community, regardless of what the outcome is.

Another case that makes me think this country needs professional juries. I've said it here lot of times. Trained people who can set aside emotion, for starters... pros and cons for this argument of course. Don't want to derail, but it's something else to think about over the next 5 days. =)

Yes, he was ventilated with Lane in the ambo. It's in the media thread. Anyone, do a shout out if you cannot find and others can help find link.
I can't find your timeline in the media thread!!! I have looked for it before ... I have had to go back into your previous posts to find it lol do you know how much you post??? :D It takes me forever to find it again lol

Another case that makes me think this country needs professional juries. I've said it here lot of times. Trained people who can set aside emotion, for starters... pros and cons for this argument of course. Don't want to derail, but it's something else to think about over the next 5 days. =)
I am a believer in professional juries too. JMO

If they do then that is juror misconduct and could cause a mistrial. I hope all of the jurors take their responsibility seriously and do not do this.
I hope so too and I'm trusting them, but I do wish they were sequestered starting now (though I know that would be a burden on them). I know most people on juries take the role very seriously, but....still, I wish they were sequestered starting now.

jmo

I am a Minnesota Wild fan.. you can't even watch a hockey game without hearing something. I am seriously concerned for the community, regardless of what the outcome is.

Its crazy how wide this case has spread. I’m a super mod on a sports board with 6M visits and 65M page views a month and our off topic/politics forum is wild with posts on this case. It’s touching facets of my digital ecosystem not normally impacted by these subjects. I hope the jury can avoid info on the case.

absolutely agree!!!!! I don't think it's derailing... I think this is a perfect example that supports your opinion... of course, that is JMO

I honestly wonder if his conclusion would have been different under different circumstances. He seemed to have zero confidence in what he was saying. JMO
He probably was never involved in such a high profile case. When the autopsy results were first released, his words were twisted around to imply the cause of death was an overdose and underlying medical problems, although he clarified that was not the case.

I wonder if he was intentionally vague by using the word "complicating." Even the experts interpreted the meaning differently.

Its crazy how wide this case has spread. I’m a super mod on a sports board with 6M visits and 65M page views a month and our off topic/politics forum is wild with posts on this case. It’s touching facets of my digital ecosystem not normally impacted by these subjects. I hope the jury can avoid info on the case.

ahhh then you would understand what I mean with the Wild and why it doesn't go unsaid during games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheKinn