George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have NOT listened to their BCA interviews... partially because I didn't want it to cloud my thoughts on this case, because the jurors are also not privy to that.

It's interesting that it appears Chauvin didn't do an interview with the BCA investigators, but the other 3 did. Whoever was represting Chauvin, whether it was just the union or a lawyer... Chauvin should call them up today and thank them. The other 3.. dumb dumb dumb! IMO
I think he was interviewed but none of the footage was released. I would like to know what he said, too. If he was dishonest when he reported to his supervisor I wouldn't be surprised if he ommitted important details to investigators. I would really like to see his interview in room 100 that night. By then he had no choice but to admit to the neck kneeling. I wonder if he was consistent with his claim that Floyd was fighting him the whole nine minutes.

No wonder he chose not to testify. The prosecution would have pointed out his lies. I wonder if that's what they were saving the two previous incidents for.

I think he was interviewed but none of the footage was released. I would like to know what he said, too. If he was dishonest when he reported to his supervisor I wouldn't be surprised if he ommitted important details to investigators. I would really like to see his interview in room 100 that night. By then he had no choice but to admit to the neck kneeling. I wonder if he was consistent with his claim that Floyd was fighting him the whole nine minutes.

No wonder he chose not to testify. The prosecution would have pointed out his lies. I wonder if that's what they were saving the two previous incidents for.

If he did do an interview, I am 99.9% positive the State could have introduced it using the BCA interviewers. He had a choice not to talk to them, he has rights just like you and I not to speak to the police/investigators without counsel, and counsel would more often than not, say don't talk IMO

Does anyone know for sure if he was or wasn't interviewed?

Is he the one who said the bystanders should have tried to save Floyd, since they were so concerned? I know I've already asked but I don't think anyone has answered. Somebody must know.

I'm not sure, I've tried to stay away from articles about this case :confused: I do recall someone mentioning it in a post somewhere... maybe it was you asking? lol

If he did do an interview, I am 99.9% positive the State could have introduced it using the BCA interviewers. He had a choice not to talk to them, he has rights just like you and I not to speak to the police/investigators without counsel, and counsel would more often than not, say don't talk IMO

I thought I read that he was interviewed by investigators, but I might be thinking of the interview in room 100 with Internal Affairs. I wonder if there is a recording of that.

I'm not sure, I've tried to stay away from articles about this case :confused: I do recall someone mentioning it in a post somewhere... maybe it was you asking? lol
Probably. I think I asked twice. The article was posted months ago so I'll just look for it. The attorney may not even be on the case anymore.

Will we actually hear from the officers? And, are they being tried separately?
I should have said it won't be long until we hear from the defense/witnesses, etc, in their trial. As far as I know they are still being tried together but I doubt very much they will testify themselves. I think Lane should, though, since he is the only one who suggested putting Floyd in the recovery position. He also did CPR until the paramedic was able to take over. I bet he wishes they had never called for backup. Thao revealed in his interview that they had actually been called off, but decided to go anyway. Imo

I am a believer in professional juries too. JMO

Did you follow the trial in South Africa? Egads! What a mess that was. All here at WS were yelling out WRONG! and the appellate/higher courts agreed.

That was the FIRST trial I've ever followed that was a judgment that was not a jury, by a 3 person judge court. MOO

(Blessed be that we don't often have to get up at 2:30 am in the US to follow a trial, and kudos to all over the world that follow us in real time in the US) MANY here gave witness to that trial.

And was overturned. Fact.

Most ALL here were shocked at the judges decision . Thankfully, was overturned!

I just Googled this question, and found no answer- however, the videos & audio interviews with the other 3 officers came up in various articles. I'm guessing he either refused (or took the 5th). JMO

Forensic Analysis of Injury and Death by Asphyxiation

Not sure how much I trust this source, but wanted to include this info as well:

Also, on re-reading an article, I thought this was important:

Pathology of Asphyxial Death: Overview, Epidemiology, Mechanism of Morbidity and Mortality

I have been reading elsewhere on the world wide web ... and I see there are a lot of people that have some questions about the oxygen level now too. Did the State misjudge by bringing Tobin back?

Not only 'How does someone die of asphyxia when their oxygen levels are at 98%' ... but lots of questions about how CPR could effect that... oh and I'm also reading that 98% oxygen/2% something else means nothing with carbon monoxide, their blood needs to be tested specifically for carbon monoxide because it disguises itself in the blood and why it's considered the 'silent killer'.

If I come across anything that is linkable and not just an opinion (although they are very interesting if you can find them lol), I will be sure to post for you.

I hope so too and I'm trusting them, but I do wish they were sequestered starting now (though I know that would be a burden on them). I know most people on juries take the role very seriously, but....still, I wish they were sequestered starting now.

jmo
In a case of this magnitude, with all its potential ramifications, IMO the jury should have been sequestered for the duration of the trial..... as difficult as that would have been.

I have been reading elsewhere on the world wide web ... and I see there are a lot of people that have some questions about the oxygen level now too. Did the State misjudge by bringing Tobin back?

Not only 'How does someone die of asphyxia when their oxygen levels are at 98%' ... but lots of questions about how CPR could effect that... oh and I'm also reading that 98% oxygen/2% something else means nothing with carbon monoxide, their blood needs to be tested specifically for carbon monoxide because it disguises itself in the blood and why it's considered the 'silent killer'.

If I come across anything that is linkable and not just an opinion (although they are very interesting if you can find them lol), I will be sure to post for you.

Don't you think Mr.Floyd was administered oxygen in the ambulance and at the hospital? that would account for the 98% oxygen. Don't you think if atty Nelson saw that 98% oxygen as an issue, he wouldn't be jumping up and down screaming how could someone with asphyxia have a 98% oxygen level?

He was probably doodling!! LOL
If he was used to being active ie working two jobs, it may have been suggested to help him concentrate, stay alert and not appear bored. I know if I sit too long without moving, my mind zones out. He seemed to be very precise, looked to be dotting the I's and crossing the T's if you get my drift/ JMO

I've thought about that too over the years.

But I'm worried if professional jurors each think they are more intelligent than the others then very big egos could definitely get in the way. Especially if there are differing points of view on the same evidence.

Remember in Scott Peterson's case? Imo the first foreman felt he was far superior in intellect than the other eleven jurors. So much so he would only deliberate HIS way or NO way. Imo, his ego got in the way of common sense. Professional jurors may also have big competing egos.

Honestly jurors have been rendering correct verdicts in courtrooms everywhere since we started having juries. and only gets it wrong every so often.

I personally still trust juries who does take their duties seriously, imo.

Now what I do see popping up more are the lone wolves, but that could happen with professional juries as well who refuses to budge.

Sometimes I worry that lone wolves are doing so in high profile cases because it sells more books to go against the grain than with it.

I think we'll have an unanimous verdict in this case though. I can't see a lone wolf being strong enough to go against the majority. The stakes are too high, and they know what the city has already adversely gone through even before the trial.

Jmho
Do you believe the Jurors should consider what the city has already gone through when deciding the fate of Chauvin ??

I wonder if the jurors will be privy to the info about Chauvin wanting to plead to a 3rd degree murder charge in the beginning. To me, that points to his guilt. You don’t just sit there and agree to take a 3rd degree murder charge if you don’t feel you’re guilty. From what I read (I’m on my phone and don’t have links handy so this will just be my opinion at this point) he wasn’t the one that didn’t want to NOT plea. The AG at the time blocked it. That sealed it for me that Chauvin is guilty. Nothing the defense showed in my opinion was enough to show that he didn’t do it, and did not give me reasonable doubt. There is VIDEO of what transpired and many witnesses who all gave the same account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59