George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold by me

As much as people here dislike the A's, do you really think that would have been fine? The A's would have been accused of "sneaking around", or "leaving everyone to speculate".

Before the car was crushed, posters were up in arms that they didn't just have it destroyed so there would be no chance to sell it. Now that it's crushed, posters are inventing new reasons to criticize them.

Yes, if they kept it out of the media. We didn't even know they had the car until today when it was destroyed. There were only the reports that the car was going to be given back to them, no time, no date. They could just shut up and go about their business, but they won't. There has to be media present, a lawyer present, and big spectacle made out of everything they do to make themselves look better. They just have no dignity, and don't know the meaning of being quiet and not inviting attention on themselves. That is what is the most aggravating thing about them.

ETA: I'm not arguing about what other posters meant here anymore. If someone wants to believe we're all just being haters against the A's for no good reason, then there's nothing I can do to make them believe anything otherwise. We will just agree to disagree.

..they've had some time to think about what to do with the car----this wasn't a 'spontaneous' decision..

..article/video when lippman was 1st talking about getting the car back.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/15170875/2011/07/28/casey-anthony

July 28, 2011.

---snipped----

Offers are rolling in for one of the most iconic pieces of evidence in Casey Anthony's murder trial - her white Pontiac Sunfire.

The car is still in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, which says the car can be picked up anytime by George and Cindy Anthony, who own the car.
Their attorney, Mark Lippman, says he's been getting calls from people interested in buying the car.

The money would be donated to the new foundation the Anthonys are establishing in memory of Caylee Anthony.

"I've had multiple offers to purchase it, but George and Cindy do not want to profit off it by any means," Lippman said.

I agree, what else could they have done with it?

From what I had heard for many years is that you can never get rid of the death odor from a vehicle no matter what you do it always returns.

Before they crushed the car, i wish the Pinellas 12 (especially JF and the foreman), were all made to get a quick whiff as I believed it would still smell and as I recall the jurors who spoke were all caught up in the few people who testified who said they were not certain the "smell" they smelled was decomp. They did not believe those who had experience with decomp and knew the smell of decomp and who said it was definitely decomp. I wonder what those jurors think now; why crush a car that did not smell of decomp or was not Caylee's coffin. or why crush a perfectly good car, unless the A's knew it smelled of decomp and it was definitely Caylee in that trunk. FCA will need a car to get around Orlando, so why not give keep it for her, unless or course it still reeked of decomp. IMO, MOO, etc.

It's the principle of it that people are mad about. And where exactly did the defense get those pictures of Caylee by the back door and in the pool? Certainly not from Casey since they didn't know their trial strategy until six months before the trial. Who got up on the stand and lied about the pool ladder being down and said how Caylee could open doors by herself? Cindy. George may have disagreed, but Cindy did not. She laid the foundation for the pool story and filled it in with BS cement to strengthen it.

And I've never heard George say his wife was wrong for doing that. He's only ever covered for himself. I think he would have been willing to go along with the pool theory if it hadn't involved him in any way. And he certainly has never said outside of the courtroom that Caylee didn't drown. Maybe now that's what he's saying since they still have the pool? Who knows. They can't even keep up with their own mistruths and lies enough to have a clearcut opinion together of what happened to Caylee. It seems to change with the wind these days.

The principle of what.. that they still have the pool? They like their pool, Caylee didn't drown it, perhaps it reminds them of Caylee, and happier times.

I don't know where they got the picture of Caylee climbing the ladder. Maybe from Cindy. Should she have withheld it? For what purpose? What would she have been accused of then?

GA has indeed made it clear that he does not believe Caylee drowned in the pool.

I don't think a husband should be expected to turn on his wife and criticize her for what she said on the stand, especially since it ultimately involves the life or death of their daughter. CA did what she could to keep KC from getting the death penalty... that's my feeling. I see no evidence that GA tried to do that on the stand, but if he did, I wouldn't criticize him for it.

How about arranging for it to be picked up late at night, and work with the wrecker to keep it under the radar.

Bold by me

And what would the complaint have been today? The A's were sneaking around! Why do something under the radar if you're not hiding something? :floorlaugh:

..no.

..there wouldn't BE a thread on the scrapping of the car.

..b/c it would have been done like a normal person who scraps their car--------without a camera rolling.

Aedrys, a lot of posters believe the A's should have gotten rid of the pool. Here is just one example:

The theory seems to exist that the A's agreed with the defense lie that Caylee drowned in the pool. But they did not agree with that theory.

I think you missed the point of that post lol. Add sarcasm. :)

Bold by me

LOTS of posters are saying they need to get rid of the pool.

My thoughts are if George and Cindy believe that Caylee was dead in the pool,it would make sense if they got rid of it.Same goes for the car.What actually occurred?Pool stays, car gone.They can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.I also believe people are aloud to speculate as to what their actions mean.MOO.

Thank you! I like you as well! :rocker:

I, like many here, have studied these people for three long years and I have learned alot about how they operate, all while picking our jaws up from the floor.

You wait, he will have a ready answer for this, something to tug at the public's heartstrings. Sorry folks, I just checked the sympathy bin and I am fresh out.

I'm with you. GA, knew alot more than he is saying. Get rid of the car, you know the one that he should of called 911 immediately after one whiff, but wait it was just old garbage!!! Yea right, GA knew something. We will never know the truth because that doesn't exist with the A's.

I see this as George making a statement that he believed Caylee was in the car, but maybe he will answer that on Dr. Phil. I recall him saying in gesture as he left the stand the last time that he "washed" his hands of this. He also emphatically denied that Caylee died in the pool and that he sexually abused his daughter. I also recall him saying on the stand one and one equals two, in other words, KC killed Caylee. That is what I glean from this.

I understand that many do not understand why he would stay with Cindy since she lied for KC on the stand. But Cindy also stopped the investigation she said about "six weeks" prior to trial (which coincides with her meeting with Baez where he told her they were going for sexual abuse). She knew then that KC killed Caylee. The fact that she told her she loved her in the courtroom does not take away from the fact that she knows KC killed Caylee. She did not stop loving KC - she is still looking at KC as the "child" she knew rather than the sociopath she has become. George apparently understands this and loves Cindy.

I think Cindy was in profound denial as was Lee and I think George went along as he usually did. But when Baez told them they were using sexual abuse, they knew that KC was lying and why would she lie about that because she is trying to save herself. But Cindy did say on the stand she never knew of any sexual abuse towards KC by Lee.

She loves KC, what can I say. She is her mother. And she probably has tremendous guilt about leaving Caylee with KC and not knowing what the baby was going through. She is telling herself that KC is sick and needs help (I believe) and she is going to stand by her. I don't see her turning away from KC ever. Doubt KC will see Cindy, unless at some point she needs monetary help.

I agree with most of what you said with the exception about Lee. I think Lee is STILL in profound denial about what Casey has done. I still think that Lee believes Casey is completely innocent.

I also don't think Cindy was in as much denial as it might have seemed. I think she knew of the possibility that Casey willfully killed Caylee but was angered by the fact that the public thought the same as well. And she very much lashed out at the public and the media for thinking as much.

But as you said above once Cindy was informed that the defense was going for the drowning theory and sexual abuse by both Lee and George it was clear to her then that Casey willfully killed Caylee. But that doesn't mean she wasn't willing to get on the stand and lie for her daughter and to go along with the possibility that Caylee drowned. But I also think she told the defense she would never agree to corroborate in any way the abuse claims.

Cindy knew Casey killed Caylee but also did and had no trouble lying for her daughter to get her off on murder charges. That's why you saw Cindy smirk when she was acquitted. Cindy got what she wanted. I just wonder if Cindy will still smirk when Casey kills her next grandchild.

Bold by me

As much as people here dislike the A's, do you really think that would have been fine? The A's would have been accused of "sneaking around", or "leaving everyone to speculate".

Before the car was crushed, posters were up in arms that they didn't just have it destroyed so there would be no chance to sell it. Now that it's crushed, posters are inventing new reasons to criticize them.

The Anthonys will always be criticized for doing the wrong thing simply because they do not seem to know right from wrong. They only know what will benefit them and only them. MOO

or statements from a man, worn down with allegations among a great deal of other things, who is admittedly not free of mistakes made in a time of GREAT stress, freshly out of denial after 2 or 3 years. an irreconcilable difference of opinion i'm sure.

ITA. The idea that GA tried to make himself look suspicious and guilty, the same man who cried on the stand and said "I just need to get through this..." and who also said things suggestive that his daughter was guilty... the conspiracy theory about GA plotting out his every word on the stand is worse than fiction, it's fantasy fiction, based nowhere in fact, and can easily be disproved with a review of his testimony.

My thoughts are if George and Cindy believe that Caylee was dead in the pool,it would make sense if they got rid of it.Same goes for the car.What actually occurred?Pool stays, car gone.They can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.I also believe people are aloud to speculate as to what their actions mean.MOO.

They have swam in the pool for 3 years, after the fact. Why take it down, it didn't stink!!!!

The Anthonys will always be criticized for doing the wrong thing simply because they do not seem to know right from wrong. They only know what will benefit them and only them. MOO

Above in bold.... But should people be accused of doing the wrong thing when they've done the RIGHT thing? Do you really think that's the way society should carry on?

I think we've established that GA and CA know Caylee didn't drown in the pool.

I just want to know if the Pinellas 12 have seen this report and what they think of it. I hope it upsets them since they never believed Caylee was in that car, so why would the A's have it destroyed? I hope it makes them ill. I hope, even more, it makes them realize what a huge mistake they made.

Well, if any of the Pinellas 12 have heard about the car they will probably not be able to connect the dots:

Car? :waitasec:

It was an analogy. The car is representing the truth about what happened to Caylee. The pool represents the mis-truths. I didn’t not mean to be so obtuse. My goal was simply to point out that they knew the truth all along. They destroyed the car because that is where Caylee lay dead for a time, and they did not get rid of the pool because it is not related to the murder of their granddaughter.

Suddenly, when it's obvious that there's no reason for the A's to take down the pool, it's an analogy.

Bold by me

And what would the complaint have been today? The A's were sneaking around! Why do something under the radar if you're not hiding something? :floorlaugh:

Because that car is very sensitive to some people. If this was done quietly, nobody would have known about it for awhile (think Dr Phil show). Its only until their PR team announces every move they make that some here want to give them the side eye. Personally, I think every move they make has an agenda - but I do feel that we'll grow weary of them soon and they'll fade away.

It was an analogy. The car is representing the truth about what happened to Caylee. The pool represents the mis-truths. I didn’t not mean to be so obtuse. My goal was simply to point out that they knew the truth all along. They destroyed the car because that is where Caylee lay dead for a time, and they did not get rid of the pool because it is not related to the murder of their granddaughter.

Why must it be an either/or situation in their minds? Who's to say they don't believe either a) she drowned and b) FCA put Caylee in the trunk? What if they have their own 'C' theory?

They why do they get rid of the car? Why wouldn't they?

I believe this was done just in case FCA could be tried in federal court!!! In other words, get rid of ALL evidence!!!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt