George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold emphasis mine - Judge Perry's orders were clear to the courtroom, any show of emotion would get observers booted from the trial permanently and that included the A's. The trial had just begun and they were not about to get booted. I was taken aback by his lack of reaction as well until I read Judge Perry's instruction.

Considering what was being said about George, I don't think JP would have said a word if George showed an expression of disgust.

I also remember the award winning act CA put on when she was on the stand and yet in the courtroom when they were discussing Caylee's skull and cutting the skull, CA was a calm as could be writing and looking around like she was in a church service.

I'll give you the courtesy of an answer on this post, but it's my final because we've already been warned about O/T.

The Baptism reference was George & Cindy's sudden decision to get Baptized in the midst of this entire fiasco, which of course, they alerted the media beforehand. Yes, the very same media that they also repeatedly complain about putting them "under a microscope". Whatever, it certainly didn't wash away their sins. In fact, they continued lying thereafter.

Return to the car topic and only the car, shall we?

Oh. I thought you were referring to something recent. I don't know how the "Baptism" is relevant.

I think the only right thing any of the Anthony family could do at this time is fade into obscurity. It is much too late, imo, to try to right any of their wrongs. Because of their past behavior, I am suspicious of everything they do in public. It makes me wonder why there just happened to be someone capturing the drop off and destruction on video. Was it preplanned, did the media have a cameraman posted there just in case or was it simply caught on a private cellphone? I dunno but I'm suspicious.
George was not forthcoming in the trial. His self preservation instincts still prevailed over honesty. He danced a jig all around the gas can and pictures and was so disingenuous about the accusation of an affair with River that no one but George considered it "funny."
Anything that they do in public will always make me wonder what they believe will be their benefit. It's what they've taught me.

And the duct tape!

So why are they getting picked on for keeping the pool?

It's not that simple. They chose to get rid of the car first, and of course, have media present to witness it. What kind of message does that send? Now we finally finally believe Casey did it after lying at trial and helping the defense to put forth the pool accident as a reasonable but false scenario of what happened to Caylee?

No one is saying they have to get rid of the pool. But the way they've flipped flopped for three years on what they think happened to Caylee, all the lies, accusations, and so forth as well as helping the defense with the pool theory at trial, getting rid of the car just seems like a PR move to make them look better. They're trying to say they believe Casey did it, yet spent three years campaigning her innocence and provided pictures and testimony (Cindy provided testimony) at trial to say that Caylee drowned. They helped convince that jury that it was accident, and now get rid of the car? Is that a middle finger back at the jury to say thanks, but you were wrong and bought our BS?

It's just the timing, the fact that media were present, and of course, they are going on Dr. Phil in September. All the A's know how to do is just p*** people off more and more. They can't rehab their image, and they just need to shut up and go away.

Too bad FCA wasn't in the car when it was crushed...

Hopefully the Anthony's pocketed the money since they had to pay a tow fee and they could have sold it for a whole lot more.

Tow fee? That's on FCA - she's the one who abandoned it.

You, me and every other tax paying citizen paid the county's storage fees for the past three years though...

Tow fee? That's on FCA - she's the one who abandoned it.

You, me and every other tax paying citizen paid the county's storage fees for the past three years though...
I'm pretty sure the car was released to the Anthony's not too long ago. The Anthony's would have paid the tow fee to the junk yard.

What were they supposed to do with the car? Leave it in the garage? Park it in the driveway? On the street? Sell it? Give it away? Crush it? Which one makes the most sense when it is a constant reminder?

So why are they getting picked on for keeping the pool?

It was an analogy. The car is representing the truth about what happened to Caylee. The pool represents the mis-truths. I didn’t not mean to be so obtuse. My goal was simply to point out that they knew the truth all along. They destroyed the car because that is where Caylee lay dead for a time, and they did not get rid of the pool because it is not related to the murder of their granddaughter.

I'm pretty sure the car was released to the Anthony's not too long ago. The Anthony's would have paid the tow fee to the junk yard.

What were they supposed to do with the car? Leave it in the garage? Park it in the driveway? On the street? Sell it? Give it away? Crush it? Which one makes the most sense when it is a constant reminder?

How about quietly get rid of it, no press, no nothing. That would have been fine. Don't even tell anyone they had it and got rid of it. Heck, I'm sure the police would have been glad to to have it towed from them to where it was crushed to keep it quiet. And maybe they should wait until asked later on the down the road about the car and don't talk much about it. Instead, they made it a public spectacle to make themselves look better so more people will donate. It seems keeping things private is just not what they do. I could respect them, maybe a little, had they kept this private. This didn't need to be public at all, but they made it public anyway.

I see this as George making a statement that he believed Caylee was in the car, but maybe he will answer that on Dr. Phil. I recall him saying in gesture as he left the stand the last time that he "washed" his hands of this. He also emphatically denied that Caylee died in the pool and that he sexually abused his daughter. I also recall him saying on the stand one and one equals two, in other words, KC killed Caylee. That is what I glean from this.

I understand that many do not understand why he would stay with Cindy since she lied for KC on the stand. But Cindy also stopped the investigation she said about "six weeks" prior to trial (which coincides with her meeting with Baez where he told her they were going for sexual abuse). She knew then that KC killed Caylee. The fact that she told her she loved her in the courtroom does not take away from the fact that she knows KC killed Caylee. She did not stop loving KC - she is still looking at KC as the "child" she knew rather than the sociopath she has become. George apparently understands this and loves Cindy.

I think Cindy was in profound denial as was Lee and I think George went along as he usually did. But when Baez told them they were using sexual abuse, they knew that KC was lying and why would she lie about that because she is trying to save herself. But Cindy did say on the stand she never knew of any sexual abuse towards KC by Lee.

She loves KC, what can I say. She is her mother. And she probably has tremendous guilt about leaving Caylee with KC and not knowing what the baby was going through. She is telling herself that KC is sick and needs help (I believe) and she is going to stand by her. I don't see her turning away from KC ever. Doubt KC will see Cindy, unless at some point she needs monetary help.

Aedrys, a lot of posters believe the A's should have gotten rid of the pool. Here is just one example:

Well isn't that wonderful!!! Is the pool still up??????? Destroy a car that only had pizza in the trunk, but keep the pool up that Caylee drowned in ???

The theory seems to exist that the A's agreed with the defense lie that Caylee drowned in the pool. But they did not agree with that theory.

Fact is that FCA got the car towed in the first place - i think she should pay for all aspects of what it costs to return it to its owners GA & CA.

As for what they should have done with their car? Whatever they wanted - but quietly. That can be done. How about arranging for it to be picked up late at night, and work with the wrecker to keep it under the radar.

How about quietly get rid of it, no press, no nothing. That would have been fine. Don't even tell anyone they had it and got rid of it. Heck, I'm sure the police would have been glad to to have it towed from them to where it was crushed to keep it quiet. And maybe they should wait until asked later on the down the road about the car and don't talk much about it. Instead, they made it a public spectacle to make themselves look better so more people will donate. It seems keeping things private is just not what they do. I could respect them, maybe a little, had they kept this private. This didn't need to be public at all, but they made it public anyway.

Bold by me

As much as people here dislike the A's, do you really think that would have been fine? The A's would have been accused of "sneaking around", or "leaving everyone to speculate".

Before the car was crushed, posters were up in arms that they didn't just have it destroyed so there would be no chance to sell it. Now that it's crushed, posters are inventing new reasons to criticize them.

Fact is that FCA got the car towed in the first place - i think she should pay for all aspects of what it costs to return it to its owners GA & CA.

As for what they should have done with their car? Whatever they wanted - but quietly. That can be done. How about arranging for it to be picked up late at night, and work with the wrecker to keep it under the radar.

Bold by me

And what would the complaint have been today? The A's were sneaking around! Why do something under the radar if you're not hiding something? :floorlaugh:

Aedrys, a lot of posters believe the A's should have gotten rid of the pool. Here is just one example:

The theory seems to exist that the A's agreed with the defense lie that Caylee drowned in the pool. But they did not agree with that theory.

It's the principle of it that people are mad about. And where exactly did the defense get those pictures of Caylee by the back door and in the pool? Certainly not from Casey since they didn't know their trial strategy until six months before the trial. Who got up on the stand and lied about the pool ladder being down and said how Caylee could open doors by herself? Cindy. George may have disagreed, but Cindy did not. She laid the foundation for the pool story and filled it in with BS cement to strengthen it.

And I've never heard George say his wife was wrong for doing that. He's only ever covered for himself. I think he would have been willing to go along with the pool theory if it hadn't involved him in any way. And he certainly has never said outside of the courtroom that Caylee didn't drown. Maybe now that's what he's saying since they still have the pool? Who knows. They can't even keep up with their own mistruths and lies enough to have a clearcut opinion together of what happened to Caylee. It seems to change with the wind these days.

It's not that simple. They chose to get rid of the car first, and of course, have media present to witness it. What kind of message does that send? Now we finally finally believe Casey did it after lying at trial and helping the defense to put forth the pool accident as a reasonable but false scenario of what happened to Caylee?

No one is saying they have to get rid of the pool. But the way they've flipped flopped for three years on what they think happened to Caylee, all the lies, accusations, and so forth as well as helping the defense with the pool theory at trial, getting rid of the car just seems like a PR move to make them look better. They're trying to say they believe Casey did it, yet spent three years campaigning her innocence and provided pictures and testimony (Cindy provided testimony) at trial to say that Caylee drowned. They helped convince that jury that it was accident, and now get rid of the car? Is that a middle finger back at the jury to say thanks, but you were wrong and bought our BS?

It's just the timing, the fact that media were present, and of course, they are going on Dr. Phil in September. All the A's know how to do is just p*** people off more and more. They can't rehab their image, and they just need to shut up and go away.

Bold by me

LOTS of posters are saying they need to get rid of the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean