George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather not. I think that there is evidence and lack thereof that is exactly what happened and answers tons of questions for me.

I want it out there for people to consider in case there is a hung jury and this case is re-tried.

For the life of me, in my 20 years of working around guns, I cannot imagine "recoil" from a handgun being that powerful enough to break a person's nose and cause the bleeding that was in the pictures.

A long gun has much more of a "kick."

I guess one could say stranger things have happened, but IMO, it's not a reasonable likelihood that GZ's type of handgun would give enough kick to break a nose! Not at all.

JMO

Actually, I was just asking why you thought it was "sick"? Wasn't disagreeing, just saying what the news peeps were stating. :seeya:

Angel I am sorry. I know we are on different sides and we both are passionate. Some in the media, not all, keep raving at how good prosecutors were in their closing and how bad MOM was. I think that is "sick". I thought they were all passionate about the case and that MOM was just trying to be a calm voice of reasoning. I really like MOM regardless of whose side he was on. And I have to add I think West was great, arguing with the judge and all. :)
I know, it isn't even funny and his opening joke was so out of place and all that. But I think he and JN don't like one another. And I didnt care for a lot of her rulings.

I am praying that no matter what the duty decides, people won't hurt one another. :seeya:

Looking at the crime scene photo of Trayvon, I don't see baggy pants? IMO, and not being snarky or argumentative, I'm just trying to figure out the "skipping" comment that GZ made.

THen you need to go on youtube and watch the 7-11 surveillance videos. He absolutely was wearing the big baggy pant style. He even pulls them up from the bottom of his behind at one point in that video. And when putting his hand in his pocket to get his money has to bend over and looks like he reaches nearly to his knee they are so baggy.

CHeck out that video and you'll be able to see it. IMO

Regardless of the verdict, I'm swearing off these trials. I said that after the Anthony trial, but stuck my nose into this one about a week after it started. I'm wasting far too much time on something that can be so nerve-wracking plus I'm not getting any work done. :crazy:

:). I said it too.

Interesting though, that GZ's past altercation was due to him trying to HELP his friend who he thought was being hurt.

Yes, he seems to have a Captain save em' type of attitude. He may want to try toning that down a bit seeing as how it's getting him in a lot of trouble.

Last PM someone posted info on the type of gun GZ had--and the critic said recoil on this gun is a big issue---I have been considering buying a weapon---and definitely would not buy this gun--can't remember the post number but maybe someone else does.

Ah, I guess you never participated in a protest AND worked??
Where would we be without activism? As a woman I can say: thank G-d for the Suffrage Movement. :)

No. I have also not gotten paid to protest.

I found far worse on the CA thread when anyone tried to argue opposing views. To me this has been tame compared to that. IMO

Defense 101,
I am sorry...did I read your post correctly? There were opposing views during the Casey Anthony trial? I didn't know about WS back then but that is hysterical.:floorlaugh:
That murderer is guilty as sin.

On HLNN what is this lady's last name? Her first name is MOnica and every time they say her last name I hear Monica Lewinsky, even though I am positive that isn't what it is nor who she is. ROFL my brain is deranged I guess.

Ratchet it not the word used. It was Cracker. And I simple google search for "cracker slang" with bring multiple results for what that means.

And just because a black man uses a racial slur, does not mean it isn't a racial slur. Whether it's the C word, or the N word.

I personally don't care about the racial slur that TM used, unless people try to apply double standards, this is when it becomes an issue for me.

I don't down downplay them, based on what race is using them.

In my opinion, of course.

In regards to ratchet, I was giving you an example of the development of a urban word that surfaced in the last few years.

What you call a racial slur these kids (today) are taking these words and making then common descriptive words.

Understand that a white person can use the N word with an "A" at the end if he uses it in the right context, with the right intent. Any white kid that has grown up in the "hood" understands the mannerism and assimilates to the culture gets him the right to passage.

For the life of me, in my 20 years of working around guns, I cannot imagine "recoil" from a handgun being that powerful enough to break a person's nose and cause the bleeding that was in the pictures.

A long gun has much more of a "kick."

I guess one could say stranger things have happened, but IMO, it's not a reasonable likelihood that GZ's type of handgun would give enough kick to break a nose! Not at all.

JMO

So, I have to ask...have you in your experience ever been on the ground, under a bigger man shooting the pistol GZ had, known to have a stronger recoil and barrel flip than most...or any pistol....inches from your head? While struggling for control in your non dominant hand?

Funny you say that. Except for where he was cut and bleeding, the red marks looked like eczema to me.

Or the marks men sometimes get from a fresh haircut with dirty clippers. Sometimes a rash will break out.

Ugghh. Yeah, I love it when people say GZ intigated it. Where exactly did the state prove this?? Again and again, following someone is not against the law. AND, the state never proved that GZ continued following TM after the dispatcher told him he didnt need to do that.

Then how did TM get GZ's gun to shoot himself?
IMO

:drumroll: 1 1/2 Hours now for Jury Deliberations !

:please: I hope they come back today because if not, it's going to be a longgggggg weekend ...

IMO !

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads