George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
:drumroll: 1 1/2 Hours now for Jury Deliberations !

:please: I hope they come back today because if not, it's going to be a longgggggg weekend ...

IMO !

:seeya:

I trust this jury to take their time in order to deliver a just verdict. I trust this jury to not rush, but to weigh the evidence (or lack of), and to reach a unanimous decision.

Having said that, knock on wood.

Anyone know how long they are deliberating today?

If no verdict by 5pm Friday, will the Zimmerman jury work all weekend or rest until Monday? click to find out
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...ekend-or-rest-until-monday-click-to-find-out/

Subject: Will Jury work through the weekend?

Michelle Kennedy, Court PIO, indicated early on that jurors were to work thru, deliberate thru, the weekend, if needed. Judge Nelson has not stated that officially in court but is the understanding of Kennedy who works closely with the judge on all things jury related.

Jury seems ready to get back home. They have been sequestered for almost 3 weeks.
They’ve said no to breaks in an effort to work thru trial. 5 out of 6 have children. 2 have young children. They seem eager to work.

Serafin Gomez
Miami Bureau Producer
Fox News Channel

It was dark, raining and there were different versions of the top bottom testimony

I disagree, but don't want another time out so I'll shut up now. All I will say is the different testimony was for different times of the incident.

What I meant was will the break for the weekend at 4:00 or will they go long? Does anyone know?

ETA: sorry I meant 4:00 eastern?

I believe the jury has a choice whether they want to deliberate all weekend.

Since they are stuck in isolation either way I am sure they WILL deliberate every day until they sort this out. I doubt if any of them want to just hang out all weekend with each other yet again to talk about random chit chat.

Look at the website on their signs. Communist movement. This is NOT about Trayvon.
Gotcha...but IMO...so what? The case was initially made that it WAS about Travyon (until someone read what it said on the posters); hence, my response.
Folks if you're not reading every post, you may not see what the person is responding to.
PS- I support peaceful activism. :)

It's the best explanation for his injuries, consistent with his injuries, forensics and testimony. Did I mention I thought the prosecution never wanted to prosecute for political reasons?.....

Scary to me that if found NG, GZ will continue to use this defense to kill someone else having virtually been forgiven of every violent criminal charge ever levied against him. He will always claim fear of young black youth out to kill him based on this trial...unexcusable. IMO.

I would think if it was the best explanation for his injuries, consistent with his injuries, forensics and testimony, an expert would have mentioned it.

JMO

I do respect everyone's opinion, as we all have our own rationale for reaching the conclusion that we have. One thing to note though, IMO, some seem to believe that the evidence supports GZ's account(s) of the events that day, so this presents as a clear cut case of self defense.

IMO, if that is really the case, GZ would have opted for trial by judge. Would that not have been a safer bet - a judge using the law, not emotion to determine guilt or lack of? The fact that GZ did choose a jury trial may be that the defense team was worried about George's credibility, even with a jurist alone deciding.

And you never know what a jury will do. Interesting.:twocents:

IMO, I'd much rather be tried by a jury than a judge.

And considering how anti defense and GZ she is, I bet she would not listen to anything and find him guilty. JMO

George made the right choice IMO

Yes, BIG commercially produced signs ... and "hoodies" in July in Florida ? :rolleyes:

In My Opinion, these are PAID protesters ...

IMO ... MOO ... JMO

It's the RCP. They aren't being paid to be there. They are very into issues of police brutality and have a march every year. They are too off the wall for the actual Communist party. Just don't debate ideology with them and you will be fine. They are non-violent and yes, they have nice signs.

I don't see the problem with them being there.

JMO although I know enough actual communists and have met RCPers before.

For the life of me, in my 20 years of working around guns, I cannot imagine "recoil" from a handgun being that powerful enough to break a person's nose and cause the bleeding that was in the pictures.

A long gun has much more of a "kick."

I guess one could say stranger things have happened, but IMO, it's not a reasonable likelihood that GZ's type of handgun would give enough kick to break a nose! Not at all.

JMO

It was also raining that night. A little blood can look a lot more serious when water gets in the mix. The bleeding doesn't look that severe to me, and is very likely watered down from the rain.

I will readily admit I am not familiar with Florida law and Florida jury decisions. I am just glad I don't live in Florida, an otherwise beautiful state. If your representation of the law is accurate, IMO it gives too many people with bad intents a means to kill those they don't like simply by letting them swing first. For example, a KKK member could walk right up to a black man shouting epithets at him, to which the black man swings at him, the KKK member could then lawfully kill the man which is what his aim was in the first place.

I don't think any FL LE would consider your example to be "lawful" in any sense of the word.

IMO.

Many have said GZ was a 'wannabe cop'. Yet no one had the courage to say that TM could have been a 'wannabe gangbanger'. Unfortunately, the most incriminating evidence was considered bias and was not admitted in trial. To wit, TA's mother had had enough of TM's 'fighting' and sent him to live with an aunt and uncle. There were also phone messages with TM talking about being suspended for 'fighting'. He also said something about purchasing a gun. His brother left a message saying he wanted TM to teach him how to fight. So on and so forth.

Prior to reading about the above undisclosed 'evidence', I was totally in favor of the prosecution. Now I have 'reasonable doubt'. The nine minute lapse of time as dramatically demonstrated by MOM this morning was powerful. What was Trayvon doing? Why didn't he just go home?

Whatever the outcome, this killing should never have happened. If only GZ had stayed in his car. If only....this or that. The jury is only called on to judge what happened in those last few minutes of the scuffle; however, it is only GZ's state of mind that counts. Who can honestly say that GZ was NOT in fear of his life? No one. Florida's 'stand your ground' law is going to prevail in this case. GZ will walk.

MOO

In regards to ratchet, I was giving you an example of the development of a urban word that surfaced in the last few years.

What you call a racial slur these kids (today) are taking these words and making then common descriptive words.

Understand that a white person can use the N word with an "A" at the end if he uses it in the right context, with the right intent. Any white kid that has grown up in the "hood" understands the mannerism and assimilates to the culture gets him the right to passage.

50 years ago, the "N" word was a common descriptive word. Along with many others that are no longer culturally acceptable, unless used by a specific race.

And if a white kid uses the "N" word, no matter the the context or intent, they may very well get physically injured.

I don't care where you grow up. In the hood, in the sticks - doesn't matter. Ignorance and locality does not constitute acceptability.

No matter how people try to excuse the behavior, it is NOT acceptable for one or the other.

Equality is about applying equal standards for all people and classes.

I am just incredulous at the subjective application of using racial epitaphs.

I'm my common-sense opinion.

Jury seems ready to get back home. They have been sequestered for almost 3 weeks.
They’ve said no to breaks in an effort to work thru trial. 5 out of 6 have children. 2 have young children. They seem eager to work.

And that is what I wonder about, if they come to a decision by 6:30 tonite will the jury feel comfortable announcing it that soon? I guess in the end it doesn't matter how long they deliberate, they may just feel odd about coming to a quick decision.

IMO.

What I meant was will the break for the weekend at 4:00 or will they go long? Does anyone know?

ETA: sorry I meant 4:00 eastern?

They will deliberate through the wekend if needed. Reported n CNN, Fox, and my daughter whose husband is stuck @ police dept until verdict or calm following verdict.

IMO~ I do not even think they hit the ground, I think the cuts in GZ's head are punctures from wintertime shrubs/bushes, the wet backside of clothes too, nose is from elbow. and the grass stain on TM's pants? I think the gunshot was while TM was standing, grabbed in the front by GM by the shirts, shot, a shocked pivot by TM and as he fell forward a hard drop to the knees and down.

If the prosecutors had used this theory, the jury would already be back with a not guilty verdict.

I am busy today and can't keep up with the thread so someone may have answered.

I would think that if the feds wanted to go after him they would need to bring up some "slightly new" charge, like violating TM's civil rights or some such b_s. I don't think they could charge him with murder or manslaughter, it would have to have a new twist on it.

IMO.
The civil rights charge is what I was thinking could work. Thanks!

I am busy today and can't keep up with the thread so someone may have answered.

I would think that if the feds wanted to go after him they would need to bring up some "slightly new" charge, like violating TM's civil rights or some such b_s. I don't think they could charge him with murder or manslaughter, it would have to have a new twist on it.

IMO.

IMO, if there isn't one, they'll make one up.

Peeps -- does anyone have a streaming link with good commentary on this? Seems all of my links are dead now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname