George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I missed a few hours. Was Rachel's first language Creole and not English?

I honestly couldn't tell you. She has lived here for 19 years and has spoken English as far as what I could decipher. I think she said English is her first language and that she understands it.

Restraining order on our quiet no tempered George?
Battery on a law enforcement officer?

I'm curious (and this isn't directed at anyone in particular despite that it may fall near a discussion of GZ's injuries) why the "degree" of GZ's injuries is important.

If I'm getting beat up, am I supposed to wait to defend myself until my injuries are sufficient to prove that I was being beaten to "X" degree?

I seem to read/hear a lot of perspectives of, "Yeah, well GZ may have been punched a few times, but TM is dead, so GZ's injuries don't matter because they were minor in comparison." (not word-for-word but you get the idea)

Any snark is unintentional.

For me, anyway, I personally believe GZ was trying to detain TM in some way - either by telling him to stay where he is at or by grabbing him or something.

I don't believe GZ's story about being punched in the face multiple times and having his head slammed into concrete. I just don't, or he would have much worse injuries and the evidence (that we know so far) don't fit with that account either.

I can't say for sure if Trayvon ever hit him. I just can't. And the evidence thus far has me convinced he didn't, but I want to hear it all from the medical examiner/photos.

I firmly believe TM was the one on the defensive that night. Therefore, he was defending himself from GZ. Which means that in turn, GZ doesn't get to say it was self defense against TM, when GZ is the one who caused TM to defend himself.

That's my explanation for why I feel the way I do.

You are not guilty of anything until convicted.

A pissy girlfriend can call and make all sorts of unfounded domestic violence allegations, and it means nothing unless there is a conviction.

And a childish boyfriend can respond with his own restraining order after being slapped with one himself. Tit for tat, so to speak.

So both had violence in their past. Explains why those two fools were scuffling all over the development. Damn testosterone!

And a childish boyfriend can respond with his own restraining order after being slapped with one himself. Tit for tat, so to speak.
But the court does not have to grant anything, especially if looks like a mockery of the system or "tit for tat".

As the mother of a (former) defense attorney I am raising my eyebrows over the possible admission of "past bad acts" by Zimmerman.

IMO, that would be pretty solid grounds for appeal. Especially since he was never convicted.

You are not guilty of anything until convicted.

A pissy girlfriend can call and make all sorts of unfounded domestic violence allegations, and it means nothing unless there is a conviction.

Happens all the time. Plus, they were reciprocal. I think they were both dismissed, too, and I heard O'Mara say that in the proffer.

Twitter always suggests that you *follow* certain people. The suggestions are often ridiculous.

That T area is not that far from the unit. Those are buildings with multiple units.

I think he was 2 or 3 buildings down. He was "in the back" of them. That pathway is the same pathway of the building of the girlfriend (I hate having to designate since some people pick out that minutia and make it the whole point...it would just be easier to say "his house" but it wasn't...so whatever)

And again, not going back to that unit was actually very smart. The only one home was a child. No adults there. Why on earth would you go to a place where no one is home to defend you with someone following you? I sure hope none of you ever do that if you are put in that situation!!!

On the other hand, he is a young black man. Him running up to someone else's unit, at night in the rain, saying "someone is following me! Help me! Let me in!"

Yeah, right! He knows THAT WOULD NEVER FLY! Who would let them in? I wouldn't. And again, I hope none of you would either if you are ever in that situation. It is what it is!!!

The state of society we live in today. I wish that was not the case.

Trayvon was in a strange neighborhood - not because he didn't belong there, but that's the facts!

In his mind - and again, I don't think there is a person alive who could convince me otherwise - he was being chased. He was on the defensive.

George's actions put him in that situation. I think George should pay for those actions.

so TM shouldn't have gone to his dad's gf's home. and he shouldn't have tried to gain access to another unit b/c he knew being black "that would never fly". but he felt threatened from being "chased", right? then why --considering a lack of other available options according to you at least-- didn't he call 911? why did he place himself in a position to encounter GZ??

also, you just stated above that the fact that TM was black would've and should've made him suspicious to home-owners in the neighbourhood if he tried to seek help at someone's door. so why was it wrong for GZ to find him suspicious? considering that it was a known fact that AA had been responsible for break-ins in the area?

If there is a hearing and the judge issues a restraining order, the court has found grounds that the petitioner is in immenent fear of serious bodily injury. If the judge doesn't believe the grounds are credible, the temporary RO is dismissed.

I again went to listen to GZ statement to the police, it's on You Tube if interested. He had said that right after he shot TM, he pushed him off or he pushed him to the side, (which is it?) and then GZ grabbed TM's arms and pushed them out, and yet somehow wasn't TM found facedown with his arms under him near his chest and not spread out? I'm not believing everything GZ is saying, in fact when he's giving his report to the police, he sounds like he is making things up, this is just my opinion :twocents:

Is there anyone other than an unnamed source that worked with Zimmerman that says he was fired for being overly aggressive?

I wouldn't know. Not wanting to put one's name out there to be picked at by vultures isn't unnatural, however, and doesn't make it untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member