George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was that it goes both ways.
Unless someone was also trying to beat you up after you fell on the concrete, I don't think your fall necessarily has any relevance either. In fact, I don't think it does regardless of the circumstances. And certainly doesn't prove anything at all beyond a reasonable doubt, or even by a preponderance. all jmo

No, if we follow this NR reasoning, i.e. if Z didn't know how serious his head injury was or going to be, or not going to be, he had the right to assume that it was serious enough to kill? Doesn't make any sense, IMHO, because Z already *is* claiming the injuries and threats were serious enough to kill TM.

Z claimed this fear of being killed, but then he had to provide enough proof that he had to go for the last resort, i.e. killing the unarmed other. Physically, his claims of severe injuries failed. No evidence of severe beating exists, only bruises common among brawlers. Surrounded by neighbors, the LE on its way, with a gun in his hands, and he was still in mortal fear of an unarmed TM after 2 minutes of fighting?

It is a physiological question, When your head is banged against the concrete, when you are concussed, is it possible to scream like that, vigorously, continuously?

In my own experience with even very light head trauma, when I fell off my bike, I was simply too dazed, stunned, disoriented, even when I needed to cry out for help, I was completely unable to do so for a while due to the head injury.

IMHO:twocents:

Why would anyone in possession of a gun be screaming for help? Logicly they wouldn't! So we are to believe that one second GZ is sreaming for help like a little girl with zero attempt to fist fight and the next second he shoots? IMO nothing about Georgie porgie's story make a lick of sense.

just because you have a gun does not mean your not subject to fear, even extreme fear, for your life.

this is not my opinion. or else I just do not have an understanding of what it means to be human.

someone with a gun might well be screaming for help if he were suddenly and unexpectedly attacked. ( this may be opinion, but it seems to be a fact to me.)

Off topic, but why would he be behind on his rent when didn't he and his wife get in trouble for lying about the amount of money they had in the bank or something like that?

I don't have a link for it but the money that GZ and SZ lied about was the money donated to GZ's web site set up after GZ killed TM. GZ and SZ apparently conspired to hide the money from the court.

I also don't have the link for it but SZ is coming up for a court date next week for her perjury charges - at least it showed on the Seminole County County Clerk site the other day when I was looking for court documents.

No links so JMO

Why? I truly believe everything that happens in my life is part of God's plan for me to grow as a Christian. He may feel the same way. IMO, MOO and all those cows.

Two reasons, first because he knows he is going to be on trial for murder and saying that it was god's will that Trayvon die is not exactly a good idea. Second--

Actually, I will leave that alone.

I don't have a link for it but the money that GZ and SZ lied about was the money donated to GZ's web site set up after GZ killed TM. GZ and SZ apparently conspired to hide the money from the court.

I also don't have the link for it but SZ is coming up for a court date next week for her perjury charges - at least it showed on the Seminole County County Clerk site the other day when I was looking for court documents.

No links so JMO

Oh okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Off topic, but why would he be behind on his rent when didn't he and his wife get in trouble for lying about the amount of money they had in the bank or something like that?

That came later. They lied in court about the money they had collected after the shooting, and they lied about having a second passport.

GZ's honesty or lack thereof...his misrepresenting himself and the patterns of his story telling in general. Defense does not want his character to be impeached and the Prosecution is trying to get his misrepresentation of the truth (School records, etc) on the record.

This topic is in re: to someone mentioning homeowners and my response re: GZ not being a homeowner. Then I gave a few examples of how he misrepresents himself.

I don't see how GZ being a renter has anything to do with anything...

I don't think we need to bring up things that do not directly tie to this case for murder.. But that is JUST.. MOO

Looks like I missed the ME testimony altogether. In a nutshell, would you say that testimony favored the prosecution or defense? TIA

The same kind of "accident" as the Prosecutor "forgetting" to redact GZ's social security number, telephone number and address from the exhibit he posted last week? Golly. This Prosecution team sure is remarkably accident prone.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw that. Unbelievable. How do they get away with this stuff. MOO

Two reasons, first because he knows he is going to be on trial for murder and saying that it was god's will that Trayvon die is not exactly a good idea. Second--

Actually, I will leave that alone.
I admire him for speaking his opinion and being honest about it. I would NEVER be rude to someone on their religion as I feel you just were to me. This is a forum to discuss the law, not to insult people on their beliefs. and this is dam sure my opinion!

That came later. They lied in court about the money they had collected after the shooting, and they lied about having a second passport.
Ah, thanks for reminding me of the 2nd Passport.

Glad you brought this up as it is directly related to the case, as it's been admitted ( in your link ) that the celebration was connected to this very trial....how arrogant and hateful...the whole family...doesn't matter who posted it, it's from West's family and his house, persumably... it's stomach turning imo.

From what I have heard ( Nightline IIRC ) the actually photo was taken on Monday well before DDs testimony. It's the daughters dumb remark which related the photo to DD.

So what is wrong with a father taking his daughters for ice cream after a hard days work?
Or taking a picture of it?

Except, apparently, in murder cases where they too often, IMO, try children as adults. Apparently, IMO, a child can be a child if he is a victim...but can't be a child if he's accused of committing the crime.

And, imo, it doesn't really matter what you call him. There are 100's if not 1000's of terrible crimes committed by "children" 17 and under every year and lot of them result in great bodily injury or death. jmo Calling him a child doesn't make it any less likely that he was the aggressor or that he intended to hurt or kill George if he hadn't been stopped. That's just spin. all jmo

Okay...I have to ask. What on Earth is the big controversy over a picture of Don West eating ice cream with his daughters? I'd guess I'm missing something obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea