George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I believe it was TM screaming for help. The screaming stopped immediately after the shot. The horrible pictures that were shown of TM's body show his mouth wide open and eyes wide open as if in fright. I believe TM was screaming right up until that bullet pierced his heart and collapsed his lungs. MOO.

I don't think that goes with the evidence. My guess is his mouth was open because of position of his head. AT that point it would have been lax and not stiff. So when the police rolled him over, we have no idea what he looked like before that occurred.
OMO.

We live in an extremely rural area, long response time is usual, one animal control officer for our county. We are in the county, don't believe we even have a leash law. Not sure though. The dogs I was referring to are chained. But after coming upon them one day, the way their were restrained frightened me as to the strength and security of the line as they were jumping, snarling, and pulling on their restraints. One of those long lines strung between two trees. I was asking about the reliability of carrying bear spray as my safety measure. If an aggressive dog or dogs break free to attack, there really isn't time to wait for a deputy response. Right now I'm thinking of the woman in California a few months ago, who was attacked and killed by a couple pit bulls in her daily walk in a rural area. The deputy advised me that he didn't think simply carrying bear spray would ensure my safety. My point in mentioning this was, it is legal in many states to carry a weapon, unconcealed.

I thank you for mentioning it, to me it proves a point.
It just seems like more and more people are looking to arming themselves instead of changing the problems in society and making the need for guns (for the most part) become obsolete.

I think I am just in "hopeless" mode today, it all seems so sad that we are even having to watch this trial :notgood:

Now in your case it sounds like you don't have many options, so I get it. It seems like a gun may be your best option for protection.
On the other hand, the dog owners should also be responsible for having the dogs securely chained, and LE should be enforcing it (but I understand you wanting to trust your instincts and worrying they could break free).

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned....

At the time of the beating, there was no way for GZ to know if Trayvon had a weapon or not...that is reason enough to fear for your life if someone is on top of you...imo

Then why didn't TM bring out a weapon during this fight? GZ I think knew he didn't have one but he did have one and I think TM saw it and got scared that GZ was going to use it on him therefore the struggle begins. People are saying that GZ shot TM in defense and look at his wounds, that proves it, and yet maybe TM was trying to make sure GZ wasn't going to use his gun on him therefore the wounds on GZ head. Maybe TM had to fight for his life. Do you think GZ is going to say that? NOOOO! :twocents:

If he started a fight like TM did (imo) and was killed, I'd look in the mirror to see where I went wrong as a parent, I wouldn't blame the guy defending himself. But my kid wouldn't be out in the dark in the rain buying snacks for an unsupervised 12 year old while on a 10 day suspension from school. I'd be monitoring him like a hawk. Also, I'm not one who believes GZ was out to kill a "kid" that evening. I also wouldn't sue the HOA, but that's just me.

IMO - Sure you would...your unarmed teenager was killed and the guy that killed him has a few scrapes and bruises...but you would think YOU failed as a parent? Wow

I think an article saw recently will interest readers. It is the story of a guy struck by lightning.
i-was-struck-by-lightning-yesterday-and-boy-am-i-sore/
A guy was struck by lightning. He refused to go to the hospital. He didn't want to go to see the doctor until like told by something like 50 people at which point he relented and made a doctor appointment.

So before people point out that George Zimmerman did not want to go to the hospital they should keep one thing in mind.

MEN do not like to seek medical attention unless absolutely necessary.

And by absolutely necessary, I don't mean something like a breoken bone. I mean a broken bone sticking out of the skin. Even then some guys I know will say "just wrap it in an Ace bandage I'll be OK". In fact the easiest way to get a guy to go to the hospital is if he is unconscious.

PS: The Lichtenburg scars that he mentions are cool.

Crucial question is asked, and judge shuts it down. Glad the jury heard it. Could the next injury have been life threatening? Exactly, he had no reason to let it get to that point. Good for GZ for stopping the beating imo.

I can't believe the woman just said "insignificant injuries" 2 or 3 times. If someone punched her in the nose and gave her black eyes would she say the injuries were "insignificant" and just brush it off? I hope the defense tears her apart. IMO.

Plus if those head injuries had caused bleeding in the brain and death they would hardly be "insignificant". People have dropped dead from popped vessels during far less traumatic events. IMO

Yes, you are correct in that if that head injury had caused bleeding in the brain and subsequent death, it would have been serious, indeed, in my opinion. However, it did not. As for me, I take the word of a qualified medical doctor.

From WAT:

O'Mara asks "what about the next injury?". Rao is confused. He wanted to know if the next one could have been life threatening. #Zimmerman

Great question. The next one, the one he prevented by defended himself.

I believe you are misstating her testimony DIBSY. Her claim was that it was possible (which I don't believe) not that that is exactly what happened.

I won't argue because she said a number of things were " possible" but she firstly stated her own conclusions, which I reported.

So I disagree because I am reporting exactly what I heard and saw filmed in the court room, in my own words. Not her entire testimony Nezumi but an excerpt from it. An opinion IMO I know what I saw and heard. I could have make it more dramatic but I didn't. IMO

I also saw her punch herself in the nose with her own fist and say that type of hit matches the nose injury GZ sustained. IMO

Her testimony says none of his injuries were " life threatening " because she saw film of him right afterward walking unaided and talking normally with LE and he didn't even need stitches, only a bandaide , and he went to a clinic not a hospital ER...Sooo, the idea, to me, that he may have lost his life with such minor injuries is totally preposterous..and has been all along from the close up pictures, even before she confirmed my convictions in her valid Expert Testimony. IMO

GZ did the right thing by getting out of his car imo.

I disagree. In my opinion, this is where things escalated. I have heard TM referred to as a "suspect" as opposed to being a "subject". I am still unclear what TM was suspected of doing at that point in time. IMO

I don't remember him saying he turned back to walk to his truck. He did say "ok" after the operator said "we don't need you to do that". There's no way to know if he turned back to go to his truck or continued walking forward, or even stood still. We don't know for sure which. Moo.

Since RJ said that she heard Mr. Zimmerman speak to Trayvon after Trayvon had told her he was in the back yard of the condo where his father's fiancee' lived, I can only conclude that GZ continued following TM. IMO

I disagree. In my opinion, this is where things escalated. I have heard TM referred to as a "suspect" as opposed to being a "subject". I am still unclear what TM was suspected of doing at that point in time. IMO

He was suspected by GZ of planning or in fact, carrying out burglaries on the complex.

Has anyone else referred to him as a "suspect" other than GZ?

IMHO

IMO, I believe it was TM screaming for help. The screaming stopped immediately after the shot. The horrible pictures that were shown of TM's body show his mouth wide open and eyes wide open as if in fright. I believe TM was screaming right up until that bullet pierced his heart and collapsed his lungs. MOO.

Oh, I remember the FBI expert's testimony to the effect that the screams was of a person "fearing for his life"...I wonder what the screams of a person having his head banged into concrete sound like?

I'm not being sadistic and morbid, I fell onto concrete ground once, and although I wasn't injured, it left me so shocked and dazed I couldn't speak or get up for a few moments.

So I wonder how a sucker-punched, concussed person could scream with such strength, clarity and continuity?

IMHO and always :twocents:

Do you have a link?

Sure.

"He and his father, a truck driver, were active in the Miramar Optimist Club, an organization that runs sports and academic programs for young people. Tracy Martin, the teen's father, coached his son's football team.

The boy was a swift athlete, according to a friend, and played a range of positions up to about age 14. After he stopped playing, he remained active in the organization, volunteering six days a week from June through November of last year to help run the team's concession stand.
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=146280

"Trayvon was 6-foot-3, 140 pounds, a former Optimist League football player with a narrow frame and..."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/22/2708960/trayvon-martin-a-typical-teen.html

From WAT:

O'Mara asks "what about the next injury?". Rao is confused. He wanted to know if the next one could have been life threatening. #Zimmerman

Great question. The next one, the one he prevented by defended himself.

I'm sure MO'M will stress this in his closing.

IMO - Sure you would...your unarmed teenager was killed and the guy that killed him has a few scrapes and bruises...but you would think YOU failed as a parent? Wow

Oops, left out the part where my unarmed teenager started a fight/slammed a guy's head on the concrete. Yes I would consider myself a failure as a parent to have raised a violent kid. I don't blame the world for my failings. imo

Just for record, it has been established and repeated by Rachel under oath in the courtroom, that she was not the " girlfriend " of Trayvon Martin.IMO It's true that she was a friend and that she is female but the term " girlfriend" stipulates another type of relationship. She seemed to think of him as a little brother. IMO

Yes, I do recall that. I was just saying, and remembering from my teenage years and talking to many friends (girls and guys) on the phone, that often I heard male bravado and boasts re: situations and circumstances. I was using the term loosely. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici