Gerald R. McMenamin on Donald Foster pg 84-88

I know what he stated. If you ask me, at best, his imagination ran away with him. At worst, he was trying to get famous by riding the coattails of a well-known case. Which, in my opinion, kind of makes what happened to Amy worse.

That might be the only way. (You can interpret that statement any way you please.)

Come again, good buddy?

based on what was presented, I think he has a good-faith basis to believe ARDI, according to 48 hours, the police took a police report and that's it. I'd be disappointed to. If this guy was in JB's house that night, what do you think he would have done to JB?

CASKU = Yoda
ARDI + Gerald McM + touch DNA = state of the art Sith

based on what was presented, I think he has a good-faith basis to believe ARDI, according to 48 hours, the police took a police report and that's it.

Maybe so. That's not what bothers me about him. What bothers me is when he starts claiming that the cops were so intent on hanging the Rs they'd let a child rapist get away. That sounds like something LW would say if he had a really bad hangover.

If this guy was in JB's house that night, what do you think he would have done to JB?

Hard to say.

CASKU = Yoda
ARDI + Gerald McM + touch DNA = state of the art Sith

I see. Old vs. new, is that it? I offer you a choice: if you will not be my knight, you will be my pawn.

Maybe so. That's not what bothers me about him. What bothers me is when he starts claiming that the cops were so intent on hanging the Rs they'd let a child rapist get away. That sounds like something LW would say if he had a really bad hangover.

Hard to say

I see. Old vs. new, is that it? I offer you a choice: if you will not be my knight, you will be my pawn.

Is it possible to have access to police report or is it confidential?

we could see what he did and said to Amy as behavioral guidelines

If you will not turn you will be destroyed.

Is it possible to have access to police report or is it confidential?

Couldn't say. Maybe no one's thought to ask.

we could see what he did and said to Amy as behavioral guidelines

Maybe so. I've got plenty of behavioral guidelines on this side of it. Adding to the spectrum wouldn't hurt.

If you will not turn you will be destroyed.

You may think differently once you see my location.

So, has anyone inter-library loaned (or bought) this book

Forensic linguistics By Gerald R. McMenamin, Dongdoo Choi

and read the relevant sections?

Have ordered it through my sister's uni library but no sign yet. Which reminds me, I'm expecting a reply on Amy rapist DNA, too.

I just can't bring myself to read anything written by someone named Dongdoo Choi.

Bloody Hell, Deeds: are your friends in RL permanently convulsed with laughter? I've just spat a large gobful of couscous over my keyboard. TYXX

Dave and Voynich - Brilliant exchange. Do you mind if I join in? Ty.

Bloody Hell, Deeds: are your friends in RL permanently convulsed with laughter? I've just spat a large gobful of couscous over my keyboard. TYXX

Actually- I do have that effect on people. I have caused damage to people's computers before.
I got suspended from eBay- three times- for rowdy behavior on the Discussion Boards. It was worth it, though.
Don't even get me started on my antics in Convent School. Those poor nuns...

Actually- I do have that effect on people. I have caused damage to people's computers before.
I got suspended from eBay- three times- for rowdy behavior on the Discussion Boards. It was worth it, though.
Don't even get me started on my antics in Convent School. Those poor nuns...

Oooh, please do! I'm a Convent girl, too :) 'Two nuns in the bath..one says 'where's the soap?' The other one says.........

oh well you've not commented on it -- do you have it?

No, I don't. Wouldn't do me much good. I've made myself plain on the subject of forensic linguistics: I don't think much of either approach as they stand now.

According to Mcm's book, PR misspelled 'advise' and 'burial' in her exemplars while the RN author did not. The RN author misspelled business and possession while PR did not.

This is a Lindbergh excerpt from The bureau: the secret history of the FBI by Ronald Kessler:

"Appel worked all night, comparing samples with the ransom note. The most obvious similarity was spelling errors made by Hauptmann in both the ransom note and the handwriting samples."

In order for RDI to exist, PR had to deliberately misspell words, because she spelled these words consistently in both left and right hand samples. Many RDI have already stated that PR deliberately misspelled words.

That displays an extraordinary amount of criminal saavy, exceeding Hauptmann and others who made no attempt to disguise the spelling in their ransom notes.

Meanwhile, there's the pineapple bowl with her fingerprints on it sitting out in plain view on the kitchen table.

In order for RDI to exist, PR had to deliberately misspell words, because she spelled these words consistently in both left and right hand samples. Many RDI have already stated that PR deliberately misspelled words.

I don't know about that. Although, it bears repeating that she was the only person who changed her writing after the crime.

More to the point, I was under the impression that linguistics was based on the idea that everyone's writing style is unique, i.e., that we write the way we speak, not on how we spell. Looks like I was misinformed.

That displays an extraordinary amount of criminal saavy, exceeding Hauptmann and others who made no attempt to disguise the spelling in their ransom notes.

Hauptmann wasn't very savvy to begin with, from what I understand. So the comparison is lacking, as far as I go. But, for the sake of argument, let's suppose where that savvy came from. Those million-dollar lawyers had to earn that money somehow. (Just spitballing.)

Meanwhile, there's the pineapple bowl with her fingerprints on it sitting out in plain view on the kitchen table.

Somehow I doubt doing the dishes was foremost on her mind!

I don't know about that. Although, it bears repeating that she was the only person who changed her writing after the crime.

More to the point, I was under the impression that linguistics was based on the idea that everyone's writing style is unique, i.e., that we write the way we speak, not on how we spell. Looks like I was misinformed.

Hauptmann wasn't very savvy to begin with, from what I understand. So the comparison is lacking, as far as I go. But, for the sake of argument, let's suppose where that savvy came from. Those million-dollar lawyers had to earn that money somehow. (Just spitballing.)

Somehow I doubt doing the dishes was foremost on her mind!

My point was, if the ransom note contained the spellings 'advize' and 'buriel' she'd have been arrested.

She misspelled these words consistently. The idea that she changed her spelling after writing the ransom note is an unsupported claim, that happens to be more complex than, say, the 'two different people spell differently' explanation.

Since the RN author misspelled business and possession, there are actually at least four (4) differences in spellings of RN words between the RN author and PR. Not only that, but all four words were spelled consistently by PR in her exemplars. I think mcm even has examples of PR's writings from before the murder.

My point was, if the ransom note contained the spellings 'advize' and 'buriel' she'd have been arrested.

That's possible. But then, the DA's office could have thought up some innocent explanation, like they did so often.

She misspelled these words consistently. The idea that she changed her spelling after writing the ransom note is an unsupported claim, that happens to be more complex than, say, the 'two different people spell differently' explanation.

That's why I prefer not to speculate on it. Make no mistake: if I think I can support something, I won't hesitate to say so. If not, I keep my mouth shut. That approach has served me well in life.

Since the RN author misspelled business and possession, there are actually at least four (4) differences in spellings of RN words between the RN author and PR.

I notice that words like "attache," complete with proper accent mark (just like the one JB had in her name, wink wink, nudge nudge) and certain phrases are going conspicuously unmentioned. Well, in due time, I suppose.

Not only that, but all four words were spelled consistently by PR in her exemplars.

Like I said, I reserve judgment. Although, if it were my butt on the line, I imagine I could train myself to write differently. Again, just spitballing.

I think mcm even has examples of PR's writings from before the murder.

I was going to ask that. Because as of yet, I've yet to see any proof he had access to as much material as the other examiners did. But I doubt PR would have had cause to write those words before the killing. Get back to me if you find out for sure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back