Germany Germany - Frankfurt, WhtFem 301UFDEU, 15-16, in Main River, Jul'01

I wish someone who is fluent in German would update the DoeNetwork in regards to the deceased's teeth. They continue to say she was completely edentulous when she had all her teeth except wisdom teeth. So of course, Wikipedia continues the mistake.

There are a lot of cultures where women pierce their noses as well as modern day girls who just like the look. In some cultures the piercing of the left or right nostril signifies a married woman.
Urdu speaking people can come from places besides Asia. During the era when Uganda and Tanzania were kicking Muslims out of the country, these Urdu speaking refugees ended up in many countries as well, including Germany.

I believe the German police are on the right track when they consider this poor unfortunate girl who lived a life of unspeakable horror was treated maliciously by a female as well as males in a household where she was a prisoner.

I guess since she was submerged in water, they couldn't get any DNA from the belt, inside the knots maybe? I hope they have tried with the absolute latest technology more recently.
Even if they have DNA of her or the perpetrator/s, it would bw hard to identify her. If she was indeed Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Afghan, those groups are hardly represented in any DNA database. In addition, certain ethnic subgroups (e.g. Pashtun clans) are subject to extreme endogamy. And she may have been undocumented by immigration. And depending where she was born, she may not have been registered with local authorities. I can also imagine the cooperation between German and local police would not work well and many of those areas she may havr been from are war torn or deeply rooted in poverty and tribal stuctures and laws unknown and inaccessible to Westerners.

Unless some witness comes stepping forward, there is no chance she will ever get justice and her name.

I am calling her "Noor" for now because she should shine and sparkle on.

I wish someone who is fluent in German would update the DoeNetwork in regards to the deceased's teeth. They continue to say she was completely edentulous when she had all her teeth except wisdom teeth. So of course, Wikipedia continues the mistake.

There are a lot of cultures where women pierce their noses as well as modern day girls who just like the look. In some cultures the piercing of the left or right nostril signifies a married woman.
Urdu speaking people can come from places besides Asia. During the era when Uganda and Tanzania were kicking Muslims out of the country, these Urdu speaking refugees ended up in many countries as well, including Germany.

I believe the German police are on the right track when they consider this poor unfortunate girl who lived a life of unspeakable horror was treated maliciously by a female as well as males in a household where she was a prisoner.
I am a native German speaker. HOw do you update Doenet?

Even if they have DNA of her or the perpetrator/s, it would bw hard to identify her. If she was indeed Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Afghan, those groups are hardly represented in any DNA database. In addition, certain ethnic subgroups (e.g. Pashtun clans) are subject to extreme endogamy. And she may have been undocumented by immigration. And depending where she was born, she may not have been registered with local authorities. I can also imagine the cooperation between German and local police would not work well and many of those areas she may havr been from are war torn or deeply rooted in poverty and tribal stuctures and laws unknown and inaccessible to Westerners.

Unless some witness comes stepping forward, there is no chance she will ever get justice and her name.

I am calling her "Noor" for now because she should shine and sparkle on.
I would never say never. With how much genetic genealogy has helped identify many John and Jane does she may get her name back in the future.

I would never say never. With how much genetic genealogy has helped identify many John and Jane does she may get her name back in the future.
True. With globalization, underrepresented ethnic groups may in the future get more DNA into the databases. But it may take a long time
Plus, right now, EU laws forbid genetic genealogy. It may change hopefully in the future but right now, it is not allowed.

I am a native German speaker. HOw do you update Doenet?

I don't know but each case number appears to have a contact number attached to it. The problem is that both phone numbers are in Germany so if Germany provided the information I wonder why they haven't checked that the English translation isn't accurate. And it's not likely we could change the Wiki page until the Doenetwork page has been corrected. If it does get corrected I think it should be identified as a correction to fix a translation error otherwise most people won't pay attention to the change. There is no email number and to be perfectly frank I don't know why someone in Germany hasn't twigged onto the fact the translation is really off. Already two people on WS have provided a correction without relying on Google Translate.

Even if they have DNA of her or the perpetrator/s, it would be hard to identify her.

I know. However I have a vague hope that if the DNA of the perpetrator were at least in a database (best would be Interpol, I think, but I'm dreaming) and they were ever arrested for another violent crime, they could finally be identified. Or if an eyewitness came forward, it would help authorities build their case.

I do realize the chance they obtain(ed) DNA may be impossible. But hope is what we've got in this case.

Death alone is of course bad enough, but the suffering this young girl suffered prior, she maybe hoped for death to end the horror she had been put through.

My heart goes out to her as no life as such did she have other than the beatings.

May she Rest in Peace. xx

I know. However I have a vague hope that if the DNA of the perpetrator were at least in a database (best would be Interpol, I think, but I'm dreaming) and they were ever arrested for another violent crime, they could finally be identified. Or if an eyewitness came forward, it would help authorities build their case.

I do realize the chance they obtain(ed) DNA may be impossible. But hope is what we've got in this case.
Unlikely if this is a case of domestic violence within an insular community. In addition, Germany does not take DNA samples of every criminal but only for very selected cases (e.g. serial killers or serial rapists) on a very limited basis.

Germany does not take DNA samples of every criminal but only for very selected cases (e.g. serial killers or serial rapists) on a very limited basis.

Oh, I assumed not every criminal but also would have assumed anyone convicted of rape or any sex crime, violent assault, attempted murder, murder, etc. would have DNA in the database. Too bad, IMO.

Oh, I assumed not every criminal but also would have assumed anyone convicted of rape or any sex crime, violent assault, attempted murder, murder, etc. would have DNA in the database. Too bad, IMO.
DNA is protected under personality rights law, in order to be able to take and analyze it, the person has to agree (i know, absurd!) to it. LE in Germany can only take it if the perp agrees or in very extreme cases that override the law and justify tampering with personality rights.

I hope that in the future the laws will change. But right now it does not look like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back