Germany - Shooting at Munich shopping centre, 22 July 2016

Videos are being investigated.
Shooter was not known by police.
Weapon is a pistol.
The role of the family is unclear.
"Langwaffen"have not been found.
The car that was seen speeding away has nothing to do with the case.
No communications about the casualties at this point. Identification first, and informing surviving the families.

#Pressekonferenz

I don't know if he said they found another person?? Or looking for another??

I did hear something about 2300...maybe he is talking about help? or workers?

“All we can say it was right now is that it was a cruel and inhumane attack,” said Peter Altmeier, chief of staff for Chancellor Angela Merkel. “We can’t rule out that there are terrorist links. We can’t confirm them, but we are investigating along those lines.”

No group claimed responsibility for the attack. But twisted supporters of the Islamic State terrorist group were celebrating the slaughter on social media.

“Please let (the killer) be one of our brothers,” wrote one cyber-jihadi.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...shopping-center-leaves-dead-article-1.2721737

my live stream is buffering. Thanks everybody for the translations and links.

Live Press Munich, Germany
2:40 am

Shooter acted alone
Need videos or stills
11:00am will give more information
Gunman not known to police
No information if police were injured
Perpetrator 18 yr German-Iranian
No idea where Perp got the pistol(used)
3 critical condition
Start with background, identifying of Perp, job
Children are dead and injured
Need to identify deceased
No motivation can be made at this time

2 other suspects cleared
Do not post on SM ABOUT family or images

3 people in life threatening critical condition & 13 slightly injured - Munich press conference BBC News UK

* Young people adolescents amongst dead
* Children amongst injured

Children among the injured.
Youth among the dead.

:rose:

Children among the injured.
Youth among the dead.

:rose:

Thank you to all of you for your posts and coverage of this terrible tragedy. May those who have died Rest In Peace my thoughts and prayers are with their families and those who have been injured.

It is tragedies like this that remind us life can be short so we have to make the most of our lives. I hope you all take time out from the tragic ongoing news we have had for some time now and do something you enjoy this weekend.

The Wurzburg axe attack was from a 17 year old and now the Munchen attack is from an 18 year old.

Why the hatred, anger, and wanting to kill multiple people?

17 and 18 years old. They could have done something wonderful in their lives. Instead they both chose to attack, hurt and kill others.

IMOO.

fell asleep some questions

Was mcdonalds the very first area of shots?
There was a guy on the left, running toward him?? Then when bullets started he ran away

at first I thought cop? Why, if that was the first shot, before any bullets were fired why did the person filming zoom right in on him BEFORE he started shooting (Mcdonals)

Am I getting this right (rooftop) people are arguing with him? Did they not know he had a gu? would you be hassling somoeone who is shooting people

So were there two attacks? One in a mall and one outside that McDonalds?

Supposedly hearing about mass shootings & terrorism in the news inspires others to act on it:
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/yes-mass-killings-inspire-copycats-study-finds-n386141

Thanks, interesting article.
"Several past studies have found that media reports of suicides and homicides appear to subsequently increase the incidence of similar events in the community, apparently due to the coverage planting the seeds of ideation in at-risk individuals to commit similar acts," they wrote.

The word they use is contagious.

"We find significant evidence that mass killings involving firearms are incented by similar events in the immediate past. On average, this temporary increase in probability lasts 13 days, and each incident incites at least 0.30 new incidents."

Possibly a "loon wolf attacker" according to Professor Abrams terrorist expert from Northeastern, just on BBC. Though he's not ruling anything in or out just yet the shooter, according to him, isn't fitting into any particular category yet.

Never head that before. It means he's not aligned with anyone and doesn't have a mission the way lone wolves do. He's got mental issues and acted out.

• More than 2,000 law enforcement officials responded ABC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back