Germany - Truck crashes into Christmas market in Berlin, 9 dead, 19 Dec 2016

TRUCK COMPANY LOST CONTACT WITH DRIVER AROUND 16.00 HRS

http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/char...w-rast-in-weihnachtsmarkt-am-breitscheidplatz

Polish media report that the contact with the driver of the transport company was interrupted at four o'clock. They speculate that the driver was hijacked.

BBM

Possibly, the dead passenger is the original truck driver :-(

It did cross my mind that the passenger may not have been involved in the attack, particularly as the truck was Polish so a hijack did strike me as possible. Besides which, if it was a "properly planned" terrorist attack I would have expected the truck to have been loaded with explosives.

BBC now reporting 2nd person found dead in the truck :(

[video=twitter;810955851527847936]https://twitter.com/DavidZza/status/810955851527847936[/video]

David Zajonz, WDR / ARD

Owner of truck Ariel Żurawski: "Driver was my cousin. I vouch for him."

BBM

Bild Live Stream

The man, who was found in the death truck, died on the spot, according to the police.

BBM

Bild Live Stream

The man, who was found in the death truck, died on the spot, according to the police.

BBM

The reporter on Fox News needs to stop talking because he is reporting the dead person in truck was shot by police and maybe other person is on the run.They need to check here at Websleuths and with ZaZara.

I am so tired of all these occurrenc they seem to be increasing. :tears:

Dogface, I so agree with your post above.

[video=twitter;810954797977403392]https://twitter.com/PolizeiBerlin_E/status/810954797977403392[/video]

Polizei Berlin Einsatz @PolizeiBerlin_E

A suspicious person was arrested near #Breitscheidplatz. Whether it is the driver of the truck, is currently under consideration.

BBM

It did cross my mind that the passenger may not have been involved in the attack, particularly as the truck was Polish so a hijack did strike me as possible. Besides which, if it was a "properly planned" terrorist attack I would have expected the truck to have been loaded with explosives.

BBC now reporting 2nd person found dead in the truck :(
Packing it with explosives increases the chances of being detected during the planning phase. You can cause enough panic, mayhem, fear and actual damage with just a truck. Simple to plan, less organisation and logistics means less likelihood of intel picking up on your plan - and unlike air travel, explosive materials and guns they can't do anything about trucks. Can't ban them or implement screening everytime someone drives one. Can't ever easily tell if that truck coming towards you is going to stop. I think this kind of terror attack really is the ultimate kind.

As for securing against such attacks, how do you propose such a thing? There was no road at the market. How could a huge truck driven deliberately off the road be stopped, realistically? I don't think this could have been prepped for. Cancel the markets? I'm sure ISIS would love to hear their actions meant the closure of Christmas events in the West. That's victory.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

TRUCK DROVE INTO THE CROWD WITHOUT HEADLIGHTS, WITNESSES

BZ Berlin
http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/char...w-rast-in-weihnachtsmarkt-am-breitscheidplatz

22.28 hrs:
The police are on their way to Poland. They want to visit the transport company.

22:24 hrs:
Trace evidence is currently being secured. The fact that the forensics have already taken up their work, indicates that the all clear has been given.

22:21 hrs:
The truck would have been driven into the Christmas market without head lights according to witnesses.

BBM

Transport company is located in Gdansk, about 80 kms from Berlin.

CARGO OF THE TRUCK: STEEL FRAMES FROM ITALY

Bild Live Stream

The truck allegedly transported steel frames from Italy and was destined to unload on Tuesday in Berlin, reported the Polish TV station TVN24.

BBM

And then got lost in the center of Berlin, causing this terrible accident. Check satnav!

I have seen photos on my FB feed (not from MSM sources so not linking), and the truck is very big - looks like a semi rather than a panel truck.

I'm so sorry to hear that people were hurt and killed - and scared! - at what is a festive celebration.

jmo

Bild Live Stream:

According to reporters on location, the police allegedly said that the driver of the truck was NOT Polish.

BBM

The original driver, the cousin of the owner of the truck, is Polish. Apparently, he was not the driver when the truck hit the market.

I fear the dead person in the passenger seat was the original driver as well. This is crazy. Why do these things keep happening? Reminded of Paris ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

DEAD PASSENGER IS POLISH MAN

Bild Live Stream

Reuters reports: Dead passenger allegedly is a Pole.
The dead passenger from the truck is said to be a man of Polish nationality, according to news agency Reuters with reference to a police spokesman.

BBM

I have seen photos on my FB feed (not from MSM sources so not linking), and the truck is very big - looks like a semi rather than a panel truck.

I'm so sorry to hear that people were hurt and killed - and scared! - at what is a festive celebration.

jmo

I was confused as well because they were saying it was a smaller six tire truck, like a small rental moving van we have here in the states but on FNN they have video of the truck and it is a semi with an enclosed box trailer behind it. Not as large as some I have seen on the roadways here in our country and may not have been as large as the one used in France but its size could and did do horrible damage to innocent human lives.

I am afraid these Islamic terrorists aren't going to just strike France and Germany by using this method. It is easy to rent a semi here in the US if the renter produces a CDL license to drive one. Or a truck driver could be killed in order to get his/her truck or the terrorist could force them to ride with them.:(

I do believe if we keep letting refugees in from terrorist countries we will see this carnage here one day and it may not be that far from happening right now.

What another horrible tragedy all because of blind hatred against those they didn't even know.:(

I am praying for all of the victims who were hurt and for all of the families who have lost loved ones today.

Packing it with explosives increases the chances of being detected during the planning phase. You can cause enough panic, mayhem, fear and actual damage with just a truck. Simple to plan, less organisation and logistics means less likelihood of intel picking up on your plan - and unlike air travel, explosive materials and guns they can't do anything about trucks. Can't ban them or implement screening everytime someone drives one. Can't ever easily tell if that truck coming towards you is going to stop. I think this kind of terror attack really is the ultimate kind.

As for securing against such attacks, how do you propose such a thing? There was no road at the market. How could a huge truck driven deliberately off the road be stopped, realistically? I don't think this could have been prepped for. Cancel the markets? I'm sure ISIS would love to hear their actions meant the closure of Christmas events in the West. That's victory.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Since they were already picking up chatter about terrorist attacks in this area I think they would have been safer if they lined up huge dump trucks blocking off this area of the market. This is what they did at the Macy's parade here and if I recall correctly they had around 75 large trucks blocking the parade route where a truck wouldn't be able to gain access.

IMO

CARGO OF THE TRUCK: STEEL FRAMES FROM ITALY

Bild Live Stream

The truck allegedly transported steel frames from Italy and was destined to unload on Tuesday in Berlin, reported the Polish TV station TVN24.

BBM

And then got lost in the center of Berlin, causing this terrible accident. Check satnav!

I don't believe this was an accident by any means.

I am also afraid that maybe the original truck driver (polish) may have been a victim as well of this horrible deed. The terrorist, imo, could have overpowered him.

ARRESTED MAN ALLEGEDLY AFGHAN OR PAKISTANI

Tagesspiegel Berlin
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/n...fghane-oder-pakistani/19154174.html?r=7773544

Security circles: Arrested man is Afghan or Pakistani

According to information from security circles, the man arrested this evening is an Afghan or Pakistani. He is said to have driven the truck, which he had stolen in Poland according to the Security Services. The man is supposedly known to the investigators, although not because of a terrorist background, but because of minor criminal offenses. In addition, the person would have been in possession of identification documents for several aliases.

How exactly the truck came into his hands is unclear. Originally the truck was on its way from Italy to Berlin according to the Polish transport company. The company is based in Sobiemysl, south of Szczecin, about 180 kilometers from Berlin.

BBM

Many aliases plus the paperwork, but only minor criminal offenses, we all believe that and continue praying for peace ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back