Girls give away cookies; get sued

Why the hell is her husband making harrassing phone calls to one of the girls house's requiring a restraining order? They sued, they won, and their not happy.

tybee204 said:
Why the hell is her husband making harrassing phone calls to one of the girls house's requiring a restraining order? They sued, they won, and their not happy.

Birds of a feather Tybee!! LOL The article said something about "other neighbors" that they've angered in the past. I have a feeling that this is just "one of those couples" who hate everyone and are hated by everyone in return!!

tybee204 said:

Tybee, I think the judge basically gave them a gift with the $900.00. In my opinion it wasn't warranted because ... really ... who's to say she wouldn't have had an *anxiety* attack with or without the cookie delivery?

Anyway, with only receiving $1.00 for pain and suffering and now havnig to pay their own lawyer fees, etc. I suspect they lost money and are now being harassed by the community. Maybe the husband is expressing his misplaced frustration ...

The Youngs......What a sad, bitter couple. After the lawsuit and the harrassing phone calls from Mr Young I wouldn't have let my daughter wave at them, much less TALK to them...and Mr Young doesn't get why they didn't apologize in person??? Mr Young needs to concentrate on his own problems (and his wife's) and stay off the phone, me thinks. Maybe they will take the $900 they won and buy some psychiatric treatment for the both of them.
Oh and now it's poor poor Youngs....they have to move cuz no-one likes them - doesn't sound like anyone liked them before. Got news for the Youngs, nobody is going to like them wherever they move to - nobody likes people like them, mainly becauase they aren't likeable. Ah - the new century's version of the old hag in the mansion behind the fence - now they not only yell at the kids and keep their baseballs, but they SUE them too. Ahhh progress in America.

cynder said:
Ahhh progress in America.

Where did this come from????? How can you make such a sweeping, blanket statement like that?? Why don't you instead focus on the good stuff? How about the community that rallied behind these girls and not only raised enough money for their fine, but another $900 that will go to the other charity???? The glass is always half empty at your house huh??? Shame. :waitasec:

I know it's mean, but all I keep hearing is Barney Fife singing Waaaanita, Wanita ...
:dance:

What blanket statement??? That now-days bitter angry people sue their neighbors when they do something they don't like??? Well, they DO! Just look at this case.
It was meant to be sarcastic tho - not a statement of fact. I think we are lawsuit happy here, this whole lawsuit was beyond ridiculous and a waste of taxpayers money. I was trying to point out that that once people just ignored things that annoyed them, now they SUE.
I am on the GIRLS side here and I am glad the community rallied to pay their fines. If you read my whole post you would see I was being supportive
Note - The Youngs are the couple who BROUGHT the lawsuit against the girls.
And no, the glass is almost always half FULL at my house, thanks.

What totally tells me 100% this old hag is out for green is the girls DID apologise and the family offered,in writing,to pay her hospital bills with one cavaet,she agree to NOT pursue them for further damages -SHE DECLINED!!!!!!!!

10:30 IS late *BUT* it's not like they were selling something! IMO she is a misrable old battleaxe with a cranky old husband to boot and I doubt theyve ever been liked or welcomed anywhere or will they be(sad isnt it? To live your life being so unhappy???? Pity...................)

This woman sounds like someone who wants things done her way or no way. When the girls did a favor for her , but not quite at the right time, she chose to get upset and angry, instead of just shrugging it off. Then she chose to be righteously angry that it didn't happen like she expected it should. Then she felt she was entitled to something because of this. And our justice system actually agreed!

I think the girls had good intentions, but used really bad judgement. Who delivers cookies or anything at 10:30 at night??? Especially to the house of an old woman. Did it not occur to them that they might scare her? What if she'd had a heart attack???

LinasK said:
I think the girls had good intentions, but used really bad judgement. Who delivers cookies or anything at 10:30 at night??? Especially to the house of an old woman. Did it not occur to them that they might scare her? What if she'd had a heart attack???

Linas, I'm don't really think that the girl's showed bad judgment. Bad judgment would have been if they t.p.'d; egged and vandalized.
I really think the only one with bad judgment was Wanita.

http://durangoherald.com/asp-bin/ar...e=news&article_path=/news/05/news050212_1.htm

"On the advice of our bishop and stake president, we backed way off," Wanita Young said. "We were made to understand that the girls and their parents were committed to toning it down too. But while they have gone on national television and continue to be all over the media, we haven't been defending ourselves or putting our side of the story out there. So after praying about it, we decided to fly to New York and accept 'Good Morning America's' invitation.

"I'm sorry to say," Young added, "that I will probably never go back to our church again."

Although they considered leaving Durango, the Youngs have decided to stay put.

In every interview I've read/seen the families of the girls have requested respect for Wanita Young. They have never tried to vilify her, Mrs. Youngs actions have all along spoken for themselves.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2704859,00.html

"The Youngs are no strangers to court proceedings. In addition to the cookie lawsuit, records show the Youngs have sued or been sued at least nine times since 1991. Two more court actions have involved restraining orders.

Many of the suits filed by the Youngs were small claims. In 1994, Renea Young was granted a restraining order against one neighbor after they quarrelled over a shared driveway.

Another complaint was spurred by a July 4, 1997, accident in which the Youngs' pickup collided with a slow-moving hay-bale loader turning into a field as they attempted to pass it on a county road.

The case was settled out of court by an insurance company. Renea Young reported suffering neck, head and back injuries.

The Youngs have been sued by a bank, a credit company, a construction company, clients of his construction business and by one of his workers. The plaintiffs won in most instances."

golfmom said:
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2704859,00.html

"The Youngs are no strangers to court proceedings. In addition to the cookie lawsuit, records show the Youngs have sued or been sued at least nine times since 1991. Two more court actions have involved restraining orders.

Many of the suits filed by the Youngs were small claims. In 1994, Renea Young was granted a restraining order against one neighbor after they quarrelled over a shared driveway.

Another complaint was spurred by a July 4, 1997, accident in which the Youngs' pickup collided with a slow-moving hay-bale loader turning into a field as they attempted to pass it on a county road.

The case was settled out of court by an insurance company. Renea Young reported suffering neck, head and back injuries.

The Youngs have been sued by a bank, a credit company, a construction company, clients of his construction business and by one of his workers. The plaintiffs won in most instances."

I am older than this woman, and I have managed never to be sued or to sue. What's up with this????

monkalup said:
I am older than this woman, and I have managed never to be sued or to sue. What's up with this????

Not just once, but NINE times ... LOL

I found this interesting as well. She goes on to blame the girls for running their mouths, when it was she who had diarrhea of the mouth and created the firestorm.

"I don't believe the girls meant for this to happen," Herbert Young said. "But they could have prevented it from happening if they had just shut their mouths when they came out of court."

The original Post story was based almost entirely on court records. The girls had declined to comment immediately following the case.

Renea Young spoke to The Post soon after the hearing, saying that she hoped the girls had learned a lesson. Both she and her husband have declined or failed to respond to repeated Denver Post requests for follow-up interviews.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back