GUILTY Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, British, tortured and murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 *Appeal filed 2023* #5

Much of this was predicted by some of us earlier. I used to think that Lydia would be better off living with Caroline's sister as her parents are ageing and she will be far away from her father in Greece.

i can certainly see why the decision was made to have Lydia live w Caroline’s sister but dang that had to be horrible for her parents to have to give her up!

I can’t believe it’s been close to two years since Caroline has passed.

Wow!

"The little girl now lives with her sister Caroline's family in the Philippines.

The decision of the Single Member Court of First Instance of Athens was issued yesterday, rejecting the lawsuit of the pilot's parents for assigning them the exclusive parental care of little Lydia. The lawsuit of Caroline's mother was accepted, with which she requested that the communication should now be done by Skype or other means one hour a week after consultation with Caroline's mother", said Thanasis Harmanis."

Just catching up. This is very good to hear, am so pleased for Lydia that her grandparents have made such a sensible decision to give her the best life possible.

i can certainly see why the decision was made to have Lydia live w Caroline’s sister but dang that had to be horrible for her parents to have to give her up!

I can’t believe it’s been close to two years since Caroline has passed.

This article in the Mail says that her grandmother is living in the Philippines with Lydia. it isn’t clear whether her grandfather has also moved there.

This article in the Mail says that her grandmother is living in the Philippines with Lydia. it isn’t clear whether her grandfather has also moved there.

Thanks!
I see DM tries hard to be in the lead of the latest news :D

Murdered British mum Caroline Crouch's father is moving to the Philippines to help bring up his adorable granddaughter far from the scene of the crime - as he released the first picture of her to MailOnline.

Retired engineer David, 79, has put the family home up for sale on the idyllic Greek island of Alonnisos after living there for more than 20 years with his Filipino wife Susan.

He told MailOnline: 'My only duty now is to look after her daughter, Lydia, who is now without both a mother and a father, and ensure that she is brought up as her mother would have brought her up. I can only do this in the Philippines, far away from the malignant presence of her father.'

Lydia, two, is currently living with her mother's stepsister in the Philippines and David will now move there to help in bringing her up.

It was in Greece that his daughter Caroline, 19, was born and grew up and where she was buried after being brutally strangled by her evil husband Babis Anagnostopoulos in front of their then nine-month-old daughter Lydia.

David Crouch released an image of his adorable granddaughter and says he wants to raise her far from the scene of the crime.

Screenshot_20230411-142437_Firefox-01.jpeg

[...]

Greek man who murdered British wife appeals for shorter sentence​

Helicopter pilot Babis Anagnostopoulos given 27 years in jail after killing Caroline Crouch in Athens in 2021

[...]

The court will rehear the case, which is set to last until 30 May, from the beginning with new evidence considered 12 months after he was found guilty by a lower tribunal in Athens.

Anagnostopoulos’ lawyer, Alexandros Papaioannides, said six witnesses who had not previously given testimony would testify before the appeals court in the pilot’s defence.

They include his parents, a retired civil engineer and schoolteacher, who have stood by their son despite the national outrage over the crime and attempted cover-up. “There are going to be quite a lot of new witnesses and documents … that will help reverse [the court’s handling] of this case,” said Papaioannides. “I think there will be a more correct assessment of the circumstances that prevailed that day in regards to the crime he committed and whether it was committed in the heat of the moment.”

[...]

“I think it will be a sad day for women when the murderer of a defenceless woman who slept with her child will serve less than his full prison sentence,” [Crouch's father] said earlier this year. “This man is beyond contempt.”

A lawyer representing the family of a murdered British woman has accused her killer husband of 'play-acting' after he once again postponed his appeal.

Caroline Crouch, 20, was killed by her helicopter pilot husband Charalambos Babis Anagnostopoulos, 35, in front of their nine-month-old daughter Lydia at their home two years ago.

Last May he was convicted of the brutal murder and sentenced to 27 years but he has appealed claiming mitigating circumstances - that he reacted as he did only out of fear for his daughter, believing Caroline would hurt her.

However, his stop-start appeal which began in February, has plodded along with multiple dates postponed due to Anagnostopoulos's lawyer being unavailable or the convict claiming he is 'ill'.

On Tuesday the case at Athens appeal court was adjourned within minutes of it opening after more alleged delay tactics were used by the twisted killer's legal team which left Crouch family lawyer Thanassis Harmarnis furious.

He told MailOnline: 'What we are seeing in this case is something that is unheard of anywhere else in Europe and it is trying my patience and that of the court.

'Every few weeks I travel three hours in one direction only for the case to be adjourned after we start and then I have to travel three hours back.

'Babis may well be studying for his law exams in prison so he can get a law degree but in my opinion he should apply for acting school. It is a joke. It's play acting.

'I have to ask myself if this case will ever finish and why these delaying tactics. I think we have sat for maybe four hours in total since we started all this back in February.'

[...]

THE shameless killer of British mum Caroline Crouch has moaned about his "human rights" being violated in court.

Disgraced Greek pilot Babis Anagnostopoulos hoped to avoid the court appearance claiming that he had to remain in his top-security prison to take end-of-year exams to get into law school.

The 35-year-old demanded that the dates of the appeals trial - at which he hopes to shorten his sentence for murdering Caroline Crouch -"didn't clash" with the exams which begin on Friday.

But the appeals court judge sitting in Athens overseeing the court today rejected the plea outright.

[...]

Screenshot_20230602-022233_Firefox-01.jpeg

THE shameless killer of British mum Caroline Crouch has moaned about his "human rights" being violated in court.

Disgraced Greek pilot Babis Anagnostopoulos hoped to avoid the court appearance claiming that he had to remain in his top-security prison to take end-of-year exams to get into law school.

The 35-year-old demanded that the dates of the appeals trial - at which he hopes to shorten his sentence for murdering Caroline Crouch -"didn't clash" with the exams which begin on Friday.

But the appeals court judge sitting in Athens overseeing the court today rejected the plea outright.

[...]

View attachment 426018
He wants to become a lawyer?? :oops:
It sounds like a sick joke IMO.

A murderer representing the LAW?
Wow!

Last edited:
The Greek pilot who killed his British wife, Caroline Crouch, in a crime he tried to pin on ruthless foreign robbers, has unexpectedly announced he will drop an appeal to overturn his life sentence.

Babis Anagnostopoulos said he had elected “for extremely serious reasons” to put a stop to appeals court proceedings under way since May, without further explanation.

[...]

Reacting to the news, the Briton’s distraught father, David, admitted he had been “astounded” by the decision but told the Guardian he was also “reluctant to take the announcement at face value”.

The retired gas and oil executive, who raised Caroline on the island of Alonissos after settling in Greece with her Filipina-born mother, Susana, said that in the face of it the decision was “wonderful news for my family and me”.

“Every time he appears in court we are forced to relive the nightmares of the last two years and listen to his lies as he tries to justify his killing of my daughter,” he wrote in an email. “Unfortunately I am not convinced we have heard the last of [him], he is a tricky, duplicitous b.....d; not very smart but a born actor who always has his eye on the main chance … I can’t believe that he is prepared to drop his appeal and calmly return to prison to serve out his life sentence plus 11 and a half years – he is not that kind of person.”

It was, he said, his “resolute” determination that neither the pilot, nor his parents, would “ever lay eyes on my beautiful little granddaughter”.

The Greek pilot who killed his British wife, Caroline Crouch, in a crime he tried to pin on ruthless foreign robbers, has unexpectedly announced he will drop an appeal to overturn his life sentence.

Babis Anagnostopoulos said he had elected “for extremely serious reasons” to put a stop to appeals court proceedings under way since May, without further explanation.

[...]

Reacting to the news, the Briton’s distraught father, David, admitted he had been “astounded” by the decision but told the Guardian he was also “reluctant to take the announcement at face value”.

The retired gas and oil executive, who raised Caroline on the island of Alonissos after settling in Greece with her Filipina-born mother, Susana, said that in the face of it the decision was “wonderful news for my family and me”.

“Every time he appears in court we are forced to relive the nightmares of the last two years and listen to his lies as he tries to justify his killing of my daughter,” he wrote in an email. “Unfortunately I am not convinced we have heard the last of [him], he is a tricky, duplicitous b.....d; not very smart but a born actor who always has his eye on the main chance … I can’t believe that he is prepared to drop his appeal and calmly return to prison to serve out his life sentence plus 11 and a half years – he is not that kind of person.”

It was, he said, his “resolute” determination that neither the pilot, nor his parents, would “ever lay eyes on my beautiful little granddaughter”.

Caroline's Dad doesn't mince words in stating his opinions :D

On Wednesday Anagnostopoulos's lawyer, Alexandros Papaioannidis, confirmed the appeal was no longer going ahead, The Guardian reports.

He said: 'My client has decided for extremely serious reasons, which cannot be announced, to waive all legal means, specifically the appeal he filed against the judgment of the mixed jury court in Athens.'

He added: 'I will today proceed with all the [requisite] procedures… so that the trial at a secondary level does not continue.'

The news was met with relief by Caroline's father, David, a retired oil executive who raised her on Alonissos after moving to Greece with her Philippine-born mother, Susana.

He told The Guardian, he said he was 'astounded' by the decision but that if true it was 'wonderful news for my family and me'.

But he told The Sun: 'I am reluctant to take this announcement at face value knowing what a duplicitous b****** Anagnostopoulos is.

'I can't believe that he is prepared to drop his appeal and calmly return to prison to serve out his life sentence plus eleven and a half years, he is not that kind of person.'

[...]

"After initially being given 27 years at his first trial in May 2022 he then launched a protracted appeal but this was thrown out today at the Mixed Jury Court of Athens.

[...]

'He will be in his sixties when he leaves prison with the taint of prison indelibly stamped on him.

[...]

'So the nightmare has ended and my family and I can concentrate on raising my little treasure, Caroline's daughter.

'She will be raised far away from him and the pernicious influence of his dreadful family. She will never have any contact with the poisonous bunch.'

Anagnostopoulos was not in court for the hearing and the prosecutor had described the crime as 'one of the most heinous in the world' adding: 'He acted in an unprecedented way. He asked to have sessions with the psychologist after he had committed the crime and he didn't shed a single tear.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back