Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea about why the page can not be discussed but. I think the mods on here gave it a good looking into before they came to that decision. Still be good to know more on that though. Does anyone know how to ask the mods a question please?

I have no idea about why the page can not be discussed but. I think the mods on here gave it a good looking into before they came to that decision. Still be good to know more on that though. Does anyone know how to ask the mods a question please?

Back to the discussion in hand then. How very odd! I would not have found it but for the link here to begin with.

Has this been posted? I know there's a screencap of it earlier on.

Here's a video of Maria as a toddler, with the dark red hair.

It seems like an ad for people interested in buying her - the Roma lady seems to insist on keeping her in front of the camera and throws the boy out of the way when he's about to block the shot.

I started watching and was thinking that could just be a proud adopted mom showing off the little girl, then she threw the other little child out of the way. Violently. Smile vanished.

Fake. Fake smiles and kindness with little Maria, fake hair color. These adults are hiding something. If they won't talk, I hope they stay in jail.

Hard to know the real intent of this video, but my opinion is that this child is being encouraged to 'perform' for the video. The woman and then the boy are showing her what they want. This in not just a family video of chance dance by the youngster. Otherwise, the woman would not pull (rather roughly) the boy out of the frame as she does. This makes my stomach queazy -- I think she is, as you say, being advertised UGH!. The girl is only following instruction, not just spontaneously having fun.

Not an ad. Again, they kept this child. IMO, knowing the culture quite a bit, these people prized this child because she was unique. Also, while they may be rough with older kids (this horrible group, because most Gypsies aren't rough with kids of any age), it is unlikely they would be anything but gentle with a toddler that age, Gypsy or not.

I think this is a home video showing her off not selling her.

I'm agreeing with gitana1 about the video. I have videos of my own children wherein I've been filming one of them and another has walked in front of the camera and I've quickly removed (tugged? Jerked? Yanked? Shoved?) one the others out of the frame. Not my proudest parenting moments. I'm not thrilled they are caught and immortalized on video, but yes, I was focused on trying to capture the action I at which I had pointed the camera, and yes, I look and sound irritated in the footage. If it was the only 10 second clip you ever saw of me and it went up on the 'net and around the world I'd probably be cringing a bit. <shrug> sometimes I get irritated with my kids and I act irritated.

I have one video of my kids playing on the slip-n-slide with the neighbors. It's lots of fun and very happy, however, in one shot, a neighbor's dog walks in front of me as I was filming, and I miss a cute shot of one of the kids making a great splash landing. I yell at the dog, "Shadow! Get out of the way!!!" If that was the only bit you saw you'd think I was a dog hater. However, if you watched the whole video&#8230; you'd know I am a fun, happy neighborhood-friendly mom who spent an afternoon filming, while while every kid on the street giggled and laughed on the slip-n-slide, and the adults gathered to watch and socialize in a long row of lawn chairs. It was a great day during which I spent .2 seconds irritated with a dog.

My point is. We can't see the big picture. They may be abusive. They may take just as good care of her as they possibly can. Albeit within this culture of theirs that may include using children to beg.

to my eyes she looks european......very russian maybe.
unfortunately i think there a lot of trafficking of young women in those countries.
it's qute possible she was not "kidnapped" but just left somewhere or given away.

It appears to me that she was being treated as one of their own. By whatever means they acquired her, she seems to have become part of the family. If they were sending her out to beg, it wasn't her in particular, but rather, that all children of her age were sent out to beg. Begging is simply what is done.

It's not clear that she was being treated differently, or more poorly, than the other children in the household. If one believes that she was acquired by nefarious means then she certainly ought to be returned to her rightful parents. If, however, she was essentially a foundling, or an unauthorized adoption (for example, she was given, or sold to the family by an addicted mother), then one has to question: did the authorities have a problem with the children's living conditions? Or did the authorities have a problem with a blonde European child's living conditions?

I also wanted to clarify that the DNA of the other children is being checked. I imagine Maria's was checked first because of her obvious different appearance. When her DNA was not a match, it was a clear tip-off, coupled with the oddly spaced, tightly packed birth dates, that the other children ought to be investigated as well.

Even though she is listed as a family abduction, similarities to this girl, I think

attachment.php
NCMC1215120e1.jpg

NCMC1215120c1.jpg

GABRIELA MARIA FRANCO Age Progression
Case Type: Family Abduction DOB: Jul 5, 2008
Missing Date: Jan 8, 2009 Sex: Female
Age Now: 5 Height: 3'5" (104 cm)
Missing City: MADISON Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
Missing State : NC Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Hazel
Case Number: NCMC1215120
Circumstances: Gabriela's photo is shown age-progressed to 5 years. She was allegedly abducted by her mother, Elizabeth Banuelos Casillas, on January 8, 2009. A felony warrant for Abduction was issued for Elizabeth on May 10, 2013. They may be in the company of an adult male. They may travel to Mexico in a green 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier with North Carolina plates. Elizabeth may go by the alias last names Franco, Reed, Luna, or Bailey.

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_X1

They don't look alike. Gabriela has a darker complexion, hair, and eyebrows. Plus, the cowlick.....Gabriela doesn't have it.

Just heard on the radio that medical and dental checks reveal her to be older than originally thought, 5 or 6 years old.

I'll try to find a link.

Just heard on the radio that medical and dental checks reveal her to be older than originally thought, 5 or 6 years old.

I'll try to find a link.

I already posted a link upthread. She is apparently older than the four years old that is claimed by Gypsies (the current claim appears to be they adopted her shortly after she was born in 2009).

Hi Froglady :)

Here are the rules on Social Networks...

The Rules

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

If you do have any questions the easiest way to ask a Mod is to pm them, we will get that for sure.

Ima

If that was part of their claim that she's related to them or part Gypsy, I can guarantee it's b.s. No Roma woman in the culture would have sex with a Gadjo. They don't sleep around.

With full respect to your culture and origine, as someone who lives with Roma population in vicinity, i would say that your family is part of assimilated and more advanced Roma population. Here in Montenegro, Roma are known as criminals, thieves, children are their tools to get money without work, they drug new born babies to be calm on the street while mother is begging, they are agressive. Same is in Serbia, Romania and Hungary especially, in some parts of town police can not even enter. I live near them, they are population in my town so i know that they are ready to do only criminal things.

I dont know if this upload worked ( i know its not maria) but they look very similar and shes swedish..

Attachments

• swedishkids-missing-236x300.jpg
    swedishkids-missing-236x300.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 75

I'll try to find a link.

I mentioned she looks older. I would have said just turned 6 as she's almost lost her baby face

I am not sure they even have her age right; everything they could have said about her could be false; and I want to know WHY the McCanns hvn't asked for DNA. She looks like theirs to me.

I am not sure they even have her age right; everything they could have said about her could be false; and I want to know WHY the McCanns hvn't asked for DNA. She looks like theirs to me.

She doesn't look like Maddy McCann at all. Her eyes are light blue. While Maddie had very unusual eyes (certainly not light blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member