Greta Van Susteran - On The Record - 01-02-2009

I had never seen that interview with CA in the Anthony home. Where have I been? LOL! Anyways, that story about who Caylee's father is, I don't believe that for a second. It just sounds so made up. And, knowing how Miss Casey lies...

I had watched that interview with Greta, in the Anthony home, when it first took place in August, and it was replayed a couple of times. But, tonight I did notice that when Greta asked who Caylee's father is, Cindy's response was more like a recitation, as if she had memorized a poem and was reciting it for the audience. She had definitely rehearsed it.

I have wondered that myself so many times in the past. A good friend of mine is a local defense attorney and says that he doesn't ask if they are guilty or not, and very rarely do they tell. Since its up to the SA to prove guilt, all he has to do is defend.. He's a good guy, but I wonder myself, how he sleeps at night.. Sometimes it seems that there should be a thin line between career and right from wrong. I must give it to any defense attorney..they have more guts than I.
My father was a defense attorney and I can attest to the fact that it clearly does get to them (or at least to this one). He was ready to retire at 47!!

No he didn't address the wedge. But in his interview with the FBI, George did say that he was suspicious and he made up that story about needing to get in Casey's trunk to get the wedge, as a means for looking in the trunk.
:confused::confused:

Why on June 24th, would he be suspicious of the trunk??:eek: to make up a story:confused:

I think GA was using the wedges as an excuse to get into the trunk. The wedge was not really in the trunk. IMO
I hear GA say in FBI inview that he had a feeling that she took the gas cans.
The wedge was excuse. I don't think Caylee was in the trunk. or maybe she was in the container. I still can not get pass the fact that he did not mention a smell.

O/T but this is slow so I thought I would share...Last night my 12 yr old son laid down on my lap while I was watching NG (huge shock to me because he is so sick of my addiction to this case!), I thought he was just being sweet because we were going snowboarding this morning...lol! Imagine my surprise and sadness when at the end of the show when Caylee sings her song, I heard a sniffle (for once it wasn't mine), he was crying and said he was so sad for her and he would like to find a way for him and I to get into Caseys cell and make her tell the truth! God, I love my son!!!
Me, too!

Send him lots of hugs from me.

Why on June 24th, would he be suspicious of the trunk??:eek: to make up a story:confused:
I always found that everything the As harped on (pizza, bamboo, gas cans, etc) were stories to cover up some truth.

I had watched that interview with Greta, in the Anthony home, when it first took place in August, and it was replayed a couple of times. But, tonight I did notice that when Greta asked who Caylee's father is, Cindy's response was more like a recitation, as if she had memorized a poem and was reciting it for the audience. She had definitely rehearsed it.

yes she did...and this was about my fourth time to watch it and notice how CA looks away and fiddles with her hair and that dang bottle of water:mad:

Ok LancelotLink, Why were those slacks still in the car? Apparently they were the ones George had last seen Casey wearing on June 16th, when she was going to work:waitasec::confused: & they were still in the car after it was towed & were the ones that Cindy washed:confused::bang::bang:

So, she left the house on the 16th, waited for George to leave for work, returned to the house, flurry of calls, only 1 hr of no phone calls, is seen on surveillance tape at blockbuster in shorts & tank top, with TL renting a movie.

If she changed her clothes at home before going to Tony's, why bring those grey pants with her, & leave in the car for a month?

Excellent point! And I don't know why, but I have never bought his statement of seeing them both leave on June 16th. It could be because of his detailed examination of what they were wearing or the fact that he changed the date along with everyone else, but never the rest of his story. I can not put my finger on it, but for some reason, I think he is lying about something there.

Excellent point! And I don't know why, but I have never bought his statement of seeing them both leave on June 16th. It could be because of his detailed examination of what they were wearing or the fact that he changed the date along with everyone else, but never the rest of his story. I can not put my finger on it, but for some reason, I think he is lying about something there.
Ya know what's real interesting about that? In LA's interview he's still questioning her about the date. Even tells her she should correct the statement with LE. We always thought it was CA leading everyone down that path, but it could very well have been Casey.

And here's another question. Why would he say in one interview he never saw inside the trunk that day, but in another interview he described the same incident, saying she had a container in the trunk?

And here's another question. Why would he say in one interview he never saw inside the trunk that day, but in another interview he described the same incident, saying she had a container in the trunk?
Was that in a interview about what was in the trunk when they picked the car up...or on the 24th?

Ya know what's real interesting about that? In LA's interview he's still questioning her about the date. Even tells her she should correct the statement with LE. We always thought it was CA leading everyone down that path, but it could very well have been Casey.
I have always had a problem with that too. They were all in lock step with the dates.

Was that in a interview about what was in the trunk when they picked the car up...or on the 24th?

IIRC, one interview was with LE and the other was with FBI. Same instance, different story.

I had also watched this before, as well as many of the videos & transcripts. It just reaffirms my belief, that you do see something different each time you revisit. When Cindy was asked about the father, I had the overwhelming feeling that she explained away the reasons of the father never being in Caylee's life & Casey had an agreement...blah,blah,blah...& He started another family:eek::eek: blah, blah,blah,....but what really HIT me was Cindy didn't espress sorrow about this, & didn't feel the need to investigate further, for Caylee's sake. Cindy didn't care about a father, this gave her more control over this child. They took posession of this baby....Caylee Marie Anthony?? NO....there are 2 parents! SAD!!!

IIRC. The container was mentioned in connection to when the car was picked up from the tow yard.

GA's stories on the gas cans was; 1. he looked inside the trunk and there . . . was the gas cans (GVS) and, 2. he headed towards the car and KC ran ahead and literally threw the f'ing cans towards him (FBI/LE statement).

It was speculated in the GVS version that he pauses when he says he looks inside the trunk and CA nudges him and it is filled in . . . there were the gas cans. It was as if GA was recollecting something more sinister.

It was interesting that everytime GVS asked a question that CA seemed reluctant to answer anything -- it came across as a paranoia that she might say the wrong thing.

Also, the answer on the spade to dig up bamboo was obviously ridiculous -- so the princess was so frustrated by the encroaching bamboo in the garden that she felt compelled to go borrow a shovel from the neighbors and not wait till her parents were home.

Let me get this right....she borrowed the shovel to dig up the bamboo root so that little Caylee wouldnt get sore feet from stepping on it.... the only hole I see in that story is that Caylee was already gone... besides the obvious..KC wouldnt go out of her way for anyone.:bang:

I had also watched this before, as well as many of the videos & transcripts. It just reaffirms my belief, that you do see something different each time you revisit. When Cindy was asked about the father, I had the overwhelming feeling that she explained away the reasons of the father never being in Caylee's life & Casey had an agreement...blah,blah,blah...& He started another family:eek::eek: blah, blah,blah,....but what really HIT me was Cindy didn't espress sorrow about this, & didn't feel the need to investigate further, for Caylee's sake. Cindy didn't care about a father, this gave her more control over this child. They took posession of this baby....Caylee Marie Anthony?? NO....there are 2 parents! SAD!!!

Exactly!!! On GVS you can see clearly how CA loved Caylee and made all the photo souvenirs, etc. You can see how CA dominated. There were two parents for Caylee but also it was often as if Caylee and KC were siblings, sibling rivalry and parenting struggles.

I believe this whole thing is about Caylee being a pawn and CA/KC competing, combatting and, using Caylee as a piece of property to their own ends. CA wanted to own Caylee when she wanted her and other times wanted KC to step up and care for her when she didn't. Likewise KC was using Caylee for what she could gain for her selfish motives.

CA and KC are the same, yet CA is worse and Caylee was just a victim of both of them -- while GA sat lamely on the sidelines.

IIRC. The container was mentioned in connection to when the car was picked up from the tow yard.

GA's stories on the gas cans was; 1. he looked inside the trunk and there . . . was the gas cans (GVS) and, 2. he headed towards the car and KC ran ahead and literally threw the f'ing cans towards him (FBI/LE statement).

It was speculated in the GVS version that he pauses when he says he looks inside the trunk and CA nudges him and it is filled in . . . there were the gas cans. It was as if GA was recollecting something more sinister.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Exactly!!! On GVS you can see clearly how CA loved Caylee and made all the photo souvenirs, etc. You can see how CA dominated. There were two parents for Caylee but also it was often as if Caylee and KC were siblings, sibling rivalry and parenting struggles.

I believe this whole thing is about Caylee being a pawn and CA/KC competing, combatting and, using Caylee as a piece of property to their own ends. CA wanted to own Caylee when she wanted her and other times wanted KC to step up and care for her when she didn't. Likewise KC was using Caylee for what she could gain for her selfish motives.

CA and KC are the same, yet CA is worse and Caylee was just a victim of both of them -- while GA sat lamely on the sidelines.
It finally dawned on me today that Casey was even using her daughter as a pawn to get her out of jail. The fact that she couldn't do anything to find her unless she was on the outside. I'm convinced that she was "using" that poor baby to her advantage even then to get to her parents. I had a real "anger" moment when it occurred to me.

It finally dawned on me today that Casey was even using her daughter as a pawn to get her out of jail. The fact that she couldn't do anything to find her unless she was on the outside. I'm convinced that she was "using" that poor baby to her advantage even then to get to her parents. I had a real "anger" moment when it occurred to me.

Exactly!!! KC claimed she was the best person to help find Caylee and could not do so unless she was home. When she got home, as LP said, she did nothing but cook and play on her computer.

The reality was though, all she had to do was tell the truth -- how did Caylee leave her charge and start from the beginning. Even in that KC wanted us to go off on red herrings to NC, NY, TX, Puerto Rico and search based on tips.

The best and only tip was the one that KC had but she preferred to protect her own skin and let Caylee lay in the forest as trash. I also see a lot of the jail videos with family as KC taunting and torturing her family. She could have ended this, especially if it was an accident -- but no. Cruelty doesn't begin to explain her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back