Greta Van Susteran - On The Record - 01-02-2009

That was the same interview where she implied that if KC were smart, she would have driven the car off a cliff or into a lake if there was something to hide....both of these statements just blew my mind!
She said WHAAT??? Do you have a link to that interview? Another comment that blew my hair back was when CA said if anything ever happened to Caylee, KC would "scream bloody murder". I actually said aloud to the tv "Not if she's the one that murdered her, you fool!!"

I just thought it was such an insensitive thing to say considering the circumstances. I dont recall seeing CA cry at all either. I may be wrong though.

Hi, everyone first post. I still can not figure out why George reported the gas cans stolen if he thought Casey did it?

GA had said that just to err on the side of caution, as there was a couple of other gasoline thefts in the neigborhood recentley. He said this during one of his police interviews..i beleive the FBI one.

As far as KC and her jailhouse tapes, I noticed that both her parents and even Lee had to tip toe around what they said to her. If GA said I really miss Caylee and want her home, he would add and I want you home too..
Just seems that they both knew that KC is so tempermental and unpredicatable that they have to continue to put her up on a pedestal and coddle her.

I have always had the feeling that if it hadn't been for Cindy George would have been on the up and up with the LE and FBI. I just watched the first part of his interview with the FBI and it seemed that he was afraid for Cindy to find out some of the things that he told them. I might be wrong but I think he would have told everything that he knew if he wasn't afraid of what his wife would do or how she would react. I think he wanted to unburden himself but couldn't.

As far as Casey goes I'm sure that George loves her still...she is his daughter.
He probably would like to see her and make sure she is alright. I think that he knows what happened to Caylee was at the hands of Casey. How else can the smell in the trunk of her car be explained and he knows what that smell was. George could have negative feelings towards Casey at the same time but wouldn't say so in an interview. How could he not have mixed feelings?

I would guess that the Grand Jury was the place where he told the truth as there was no one there that could repeat anything that he said. He didn't have to worry about it ending up being on film and the whole world hearing and seeing it. I hope he was honest anyway. I think the Pros thought if anyone would be honest it would be George and that is why he was called to testify and not Cindy or Lee.

I hear GA say in FBI inview that he had a feeling that she took the gas cans.
The wedge was excuse. I don't think Caylee was in the trunk. or maybe she was in the container. I still can not get pass the fact that he did not mention a smell.

I to notice that this gas can incident was strange. If you go back to the doc's George has two different statements regarding that day. One states when he was going to get the wedge from the trunk Casey rushed by him gave him the gas cans and took off. The other states that he took the wedge out and saw nothing in the trunk. Another of the statements that stick out in my mind about George. :confused:

I just noticed something in Clint/Greta's interview, segment 1. Around the 7:55 mark, Greta says something around the lines of "when you got back home later from Jacksonville on Father's Day the 15th, you think KC spent the night?" (paraphrasing) I know CA or George claimed KC spent the night at home with Caylee on the 15th. Has anyone ever noticed this or am I way behind? TIA....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vYOomwdxE

I am so tired of that story! I agree that Cindy seems to recite it...
How many guys has Casey said is the father?
I don't think the real father knows, I don't think he's dead and I
don't think Casey has a clue who it is..other than it's not Jesse.
^i^

yeap! and CA has been to embarassed to say that KC has no idea who the father really is. :eek:

I hear GA say in FBI inview that he had a feeling that she took the gas cans.
The wedge was excuse. I don't think Caylee was in the trunk. or maybe she was in the container. I still can not get pass the fact that he did not mention a smell.

---------------------------------------------
I agree with you, I can not get pass the fact that he did not smell the car. Either the 24th story is untrue or he is covering for K.A. No smell on the 24th. Why would K.A. go to the house when C.A. said she called Casey that morning and told her about the missing gas cans? C.A. also looked shocked when G.A. started talking about the gas cans. C.A. was trying to shut him up. I think C.A. lied about telling K.A. When you look at the phone records K.A. never spoke with C.A. that much. Most seem to be 1 minute calls.

---------------------------------------------
I agree with you, I can not get pass the fact that he did not smell the car. Either the 24th story is untrue or he is covering for K.A. No smell on the 24th. Why would K.A. go to the house when C.A. said she called Casey that morning and told her about the missing gas cans? C.A. also looked shocked when G.A. started talking about the gas cans. C.A. was trying to shut him up. I think C.A. lied about telling K.A. When you look at the phone records K.A. never spoke with C.A. that much. Most seem to be 1 minute calls.

Don't forget that the toll records prove the chase scene on or about the same time was a big lie according to the latest document release. If George lied about that, perhaps thinking LE would not investigate, than perhaps the whole gas can story is fabricated as George said. He gave several different versions anyway.

Please, for the love of God, someone explain how they can still stand behind this chick? My mother would have punched me in the face and demanded the truth. (my mom does love me btw. lol)

I am hesitant to think they are still currently standing behind her. Their silence is speaking volumnes to me, but anything is possible with this family.

My take on the show last night was that most of it wasn't new but the defense attorney (I forget his name - he was sitting with the prosecutor) said something to the effect: "either this girl is insane, crazy or she didn't do it" and then later something like, "if this body turns up to be Caylee's and she did it, then it's over." I was kind of stunned because I think even HE saw the writing on the wall before the body was ID'd. If Baez is that hard up for a client or he's just simply off the wall dumb, take your pick. I can't believe HE'S standing behind this chick.

Also, with the questioning on Caylee's father, Cindy's response while looking away from Greta tells me SHE doesn't know and is only going by what Casey may have told her and she (Cindy) doesn't believe her.

Does anyone else see shame in the eyes of George and Cindy when spewing Casey's story, because deep down they themselves don't believe it?

Maybe GA was hoping giving Casey legal trouble over the gas cans would make her produce Caylee? They already hadn't seen her for several days so maybe they were trying to make Casey let them have Caylee back. Maybe they even wanted to get some kind of legal investigation going into Casey's activities so they would have a leg to stand on in a custody dispute.

I agree with this totally! This seems to be a pattern with her actions, probably since childhood. They would threaten and push a little bit to get what they wanted but then in the end took her side on everything and believed whatever lies she would spew. This behavior of Casey's is not knew - this is very learned and her parents were the great enablers for a very long time!

I just noticed something in Clint/Greta's interview, segment 1. Around the 7:55 mark, Greta says something around the lines of "when you got back home later from Jacksonville on Father's Day the 15th, you think KC spent the night?" (paraphrasing) I know CA or George claimed KC spent the night at home with Caylee on the 15th. Has anyone ever noticed this or am I way behind? TIA....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vYOomwdxE
It was noticed, but IIRC he never really answered definitively.

I haven't been able to locate the show on Greta last night, does anyone have a link for it? Thanks

Im thinking maybe she did throw them away, bought replacement pants then washed them so they would not look new.

I agree. I will NEVER believe that Casey ever wore those pants again. It was either stated or reported that Casey had those pants and blouse on the same day that she was indited, but I refuse to believe that.

I had also watched this before, as well as many of the videos & transcripts. It just reaffirms my belief, that you do see something different each time you revisit. When Cindy was asked about the father, I had the overwhelming feeling that she explained away the reasons of the father never being in Caylee's life & Casey had an agreement...blah,blah,blah...& He started another family:eek::eek: blah, blah,blah,....but what really HIT me was Cindy didn't espress sorrow about this, & didn't feel the need to investigate further, for Caylee's sake. Cindy didn't care about a father, this gave her more control over this child. They took posession of this baby....Caylee Marie Anthony?? NO....there are 2 parents! SAD!!!

they never once thought of caylee and that one day she would want to know who her father was and would perhaps choose to have a relationship with him...there is such a lack of maturity in the decisions of ga and ca...

At some point in a horrid case like this it makes you wonder...if the defense atty. suddenly realizes his client did the horrible deed....how in the heck can he ever sleep at night especially if he is a father.

compartmentalization.....it's a job, they tell themselves...and some attorney's perhaps have a different empathetic nature than most? :confused:

I find it very sad that the grandparents didn't love their granddaughter enough to wonder where she was for 31 days. Then be spoon fed a bunch of lies and continue to spoon feed the public. Although I believe Casey did the crime their crime is not being there for their granddaughter. How awful and how so not part of what humans do when they care. I will never understand this and, frankly, I don't want to.

I agree with your post, concernedperson and also feel the same way ..

How on earth could George and Cindy keep buying the garbage Casey was selling for THIRTY-ONE DAYS?
How could they?
*sigh*

I have heard some of the defense attorneys that talk on TV say that if they believe a client is guilty they won't take the case. I am sure there are alot of defense attorneys that have scruples that would not defend kc since it is so apparent she is guilty. If JB had had some sense he would have done a deal with the DA long long ago before they ever found the body. Could have pled accident or something. He should have done his best to talk her into it (maybe he did???).

At some point in a horrid case like this it makes you wonder...if the defense atty. suddenly realizes his client did the horrible deed....how in the heck can he ever sleep at night especially if he is a father.

Mickey Sherman's book "how do you defend those people" is a good explanation on how defense lawyers choose cases. It is rarely based on the guilt of the client.

It was noticed, but IIRC he never really answered definitively.

Thank you. I was starting to feel invisible. But the threads just move fast, I guess. Still a NEWBIE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back