Greta Van Susteran - On The Record - 01-02-2009

I have never been able to understand why Cindy would WASH KC clothes that she found in the car. The only explanation for it, to me, screams that she saw something there she didn't like and didn't want it exposed. I am tryingto imagine this from Cindy's perspective and that she had a free spirited daughter....she came upon the car smelling like a dead body has been in the there. There had to be something visually there for her to want to clean it up for appearances sake....dirt? Why would someone keep or want to save an article of clothing that stank of decomposition. If you were the type to cover up a crime wouldn't you just dipsose of the article?

i don't think she could, much though she'd have liked too. it's too risky that someone had already seen them and would remember if asked. the best she could do was wash them and claim ignorance b/c destroying them would have made casey look guilty and told the cops cindy knew she was guilty.

Im thinking maybe she did throw them away, bought replacement pants then washed them so they would not look new.

:headache::whip:
Exactly!!! KC claimed she was the best person to help find Caylee and could not do so unless she was home. When she got home, as LP said, she did nothing but cook and play on her computer.

The reality was though, all she had to do was tell the truth -- how did Caylee leave her charge and start from the beginning. Even in that KC wanted us to go off on red herrings to NC, NY, TX, Puerto Rico and search based on tips.

The best and only tip was the one that KC had but she preferred to protect her own skin and let Caylee lay in the forest as trash. I also see a lot of the jail videos with family as KC taunting and torturing her family.:abnormal::treadmill::cold: She could have ended this, especially if it was an accident -- but no. Cruelty doesn't begin to explain her.
:devil

Sorry to say this, but do you not see the similarity here? This is a LEARNED trait.....Everytime I watch interviews with Cindy,:headache::cloud9::hopping_mad: she is in Extreme Defender Mode with whatever is asked of her...totally losing sight of the BIG picture ...CAYLEE.. like winning the battle, BUT losing the WAR! Casey mirrors this in everything she says. The only difference is Casey is missing the Sensitivity chip, that Cindy still has. JMO!

I think it was a stab at tough love. I really don't think the fact that Caylee was dead even entered his mind, he knew she was up to something and had had it and wanted some answers, that's my opinion anyway.

I think you're right about this. I also think that's why CA made the 1st 911 call. She wanted to shake up her daughter. Little did she realize that hell was about to reach up and grab her.

Hi, everyone first post. I still can not figure out why George reported the gas cans stolen if he thought Casey did it?

That's a good point, you know she was the most likely suspect. Sudden need to inact tough love? IDK. But I'm positive the close call freaked Casey out.

I think it was a stab at tough love. I really don't think the fact that Caylee was dead even entered hrhis mind, he knew she was up to something and had had it and wanted some answers, that's my opinion anyway.

I haven't thought of that and I can't believe how many unanswered questions there are.
I'm thinking that Cindy and George were trying to get tough with Casey..
Casey had left and was on her own (with Caylee, they thought..where in the heck did they think Caylee was living?).
George may have reported the theft to follow-up on their conviction to not
let her get by with this stuff anymore?
^i^
I agree the logical explanation would be the tough love angle and finally making her take responsibility for her actions. I've considered that. But in light of all that was going on at the time, the gas cans seem so trivial. That's what makes me think there is more to it. By that time, they hadn't seen or spoken to Caylee in several days, yet they did little or nothing to find out where she was laying her sweet head at night.

*sigh* I guess it's possible that all the big things were weighing on his mind and when he saw that broken lock and found the gas cans missing, he blew a gasket.

It just occurred to me, also, that AL stated he was the one who broke the lock on the shed, and a neighbor reported seeing the green Jeep in the driveway on the same day, IIRC. So, after talking to the neighbor, GA might've figured out the bf was involved. I can definitely see him blowing up over that.

Thanks. Maybe I can put that one to rest now. :)

OT: Congrats, Indicat. Way to go Utes! NOLA welcomes our friends from Utah.

Id don't actually think it was George or Cindy who placed a lot of emphasis on the gas cans - it was everyone else! A lot of people had theories that Casey burned Caylee's body with the cans, which of course we can now almost entirely discount.

I had never seen that interview with CA in the Anthony home. Where have I been? LOL! Anyways, that story about who Caylee's father is, I don't believe that for a second. It just sounds so made up. And, knowing how Miss Casey lies...

And how Miss Cindy lies. She barely looked at Greta when she was spieling on about the father, looking down most of the time.

Maybe GA was hoping giving Casey legal trouble over the gas cans would make her produce Caylee? They already hadn't seen her for several days so maybe they were trying to make Casey let them have Caylee back. Maybe they even wanted to get some kind of legal investigation going into Casey's activities so they would have a leg to stand on in a custody dispute.

Please, for the love of God, someone explain how they can still stand behind this chick? My mother would have punched me in the face and demanded the truth. (my mom does love me btw. lol)

I listened intently tonight to that portion of the interview Greta had with George and Cindy last August. I hope to hear something in that interview that I had missed......something to make me go "ah-ha!" But, there's nothing new, and I do think that there was something important that happened on June 24th.

Yes, I wonder about that too. If she died on the 16th and was in the car on the 24th, wouldn't the decomp smell be horrendous when she flung open the trunk (with George right next to her)? I really feel George suspected something that day.

And now I read he wants to hear Casey's voice again. :furious:

I have never been able to understand why Cindy would WASH KC clothes that she found in the car. The only explanation for it, to me, screams that she saw something there she didn't like and didn't want it exposed. I am tryingto imagine this from Cindy's perspective and that she had a free spirited daughter....she came upon the car smelling like a dead body has been in the there. There had to be something visually there for her to want to clean it up for appearances sake....dirt? Why would someone keep or want to save an article of clothing that stank of decomposition. If you were the type to cover up a crime wouldn't you just dipsose of the article?

And why would they want to clean that car?? George could hardly stand to drive it home with that smell he recognized as a decomposing human body. You'd think he would drive it right to the police station or at least drive it home, leave it parked in the street with all the windows rolled down to let it air out. Oh yeah, he knew you can't 'air out' that smell. :no:

And why would they want to clean that car?? George could hardly stand to drive it home with that smell he recognized as a decomposing human body. You'd think he would drive it right to the police station or at least drive it home, leave it parked in the street with all the windows rolled down to let it air out. Oh yeah, he knew you can't 'air out' that smell. :no:

And that's when the cover-up started, when GA decided to remove that car from the impound lot. He knew what he was doing. He took it home so that the "family project" clean-up could begin. I really wanted LE/FBI to ask him in the interviews why he did that - just to hear his lame explanation.

:blowkiss: to your daddy, I love a man with a conscience :clap:
Thanks, Lovejac! He had his first heart attack in court. It was a life affirming moment. He never did trial work after that...he managed the office instead (no way my mother would let him retire at 47!!)

Ha! There was a raw interview with the A's way before the Greta interview and anyone knew anything about the shovel or shed or locks on the shed. And they rambled on and on and on. We were all like WTF???!!! It was so bizarre. It was the first time that the A's over explained and answered a question before asked. It was soon apparent that was their method of operation. Any time they did this was followed up by a doc release or some event that made their rants or proclomations of innocense make sense.

I remember that interview! It was on Saturday, July 19th. Casey was in jail and it was the first time George and Cindy had a sit down interview in their home. What struck me immediately was that neither George or Cindy expressed any grief........no tears, no pleas to the kidnapper to return Caylee. Instead, they talked about child safety in their home........how they keep the shed locked, and the pool ladder away from the pool when not in use, and how Casey digs up the invasive bamboo shoots in their backyard so that Caylee wouldn't hurt her feet. It was in that interview that Cindy said she would spend the rest of her life knocking on every door until she finds Caylee. But no discussion of the facts........about how Caylee came to be missing.

It was the most bizarre interview I ever saw in a case of a missing child!

It was the next night, Sunday July 20th, that Cindy and JB were interviewed by Geraldo, sitting on chairs in the driveway of the Anthony home. When Geraldo asked Cindy who Caylee's father was and Cindy said he was dead, Geraldo pressed her for a name, and Cindy lashed out at Geraldo, verbally attacking him.

I agree the logical explanation would be the tough love angle and finally making her take responsibility for her actions. I've considered that. But in light of all that was going on at the time, the gas cans seem so trivial. That's what makes me think there is more to it. By that time, they hadn't seen or spoken to Caylee in several days, yet they did little or nothing to find out where she was laying her sweet head at night.

*sigh* I guess it's possible that all the big things were weighing on his mind and when he saw that broken lock and found the gas cans missing, he blew a gasket.

It just occurred to me, also, that AL stated he was the one who broke the lock on the shed, and a neighbor reported seeing the green Jeep in the driveway on the same day, IIRC. So, after talking to the neighbor, GA might've figured out the bf was involved. I can definitely see him blowing up over that.

Thanks. Maybe I can put that one to rest now. :)

OT: Congrats, Indicat. Way to go Utes! NOLA welcomes our friends from Utah.

I believe that GA and CA had it with Casey and all of her bull**** lies, storytelling, attempted manipulating and stealing, etc. and were trying to take the necessary steps to have her own up and be responsible for her actions. CA confronted her about ripping of GGM P, and CA had, in the past, made excuses for her daughter, the thief.

CA also attempts to have her arrested and charged with grand theft auto and drives her to OPD while calling 911 and letting them know she's bringing her in to be charged for the theft at which time CA is told that OPD will connect her to OCSO (hence the 911 on hold - give me one more day conversation) and the sheriff will come out to the house, and they head home.

GA files a police report about missing gas from the shed, not just 'cause gas is so damned expensive, but because he knew damn well it was Casey who ripped them off. It's mentioned that Casey was known to run out of gas due to a faulty gauge possibly, but GA knew it was because Casey didn't have the money to get a quarter tank let alone fill the tank. GA even said in his interview that he had a feeling that Casey wasn't really working.

I feel for the CA and GA. They certainly couldn't have imagined that their daughter would murder their granddaughter. I don't believe their attempts at having her finally grow the hell up precipitated their precious granddaughter's murder, but I do believe that their continued bailing out of her "indescrections" throughout her short, immature, self centered existence on this planet, only fed the beast and enabled a very selfish woman to take her child's life and have absolutely no remorse, not because she didn't 'love' her daughter, I'm sure Casey did, as much as Casey could to love anyone other than herself. She thrived on the attention of "having a baby." Being a mother? Whole other story with the Casenator.

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that it's pretty easy to realize how heinous a human being is while reading thousands of pages of various doc dumps, but I'm trying to put myself in the place of GA and CA at the time, in the moment so to speak, and I can't imagine that would be their first thoughts, or if it was their first thoughts, which in this particular case may be true, just grasping at anything to explain away the terror/realization that something is just terribly, terribly wrong and trying to get to the bottom of it, and your daughter is doing her damnedest to make sure it doesn't happen.

Sorry if this is rambling, I just feel that watching GA's interviews that it seems that he just can't wrap his mind around what his gut is telling him. And CA is just as bad off in the gut department. She's another one who I believe her gut is screaming the truth and she's gone into "make it ain't so mode" and that is so not gonna happen for either of them, and they both know it. This isn't StarTrek. My heart breaks for both of them.

Now the whole behavior with regard to the car? NO EXCUSES!!!! I believe they both knew right then and there, but I still "get it" that they wanted it not to be true. Wanting something to not be true and actively doing anything to make it appear not true is inexcusable. They both knew a crime was committed and should have called 911 from the tow yard. IMO. I still feel for their loss, but I believe they were complicit in attempting to cover up a murder.

Id don't actually think it was George or Cindy who placed a lot of emphasis on the gas cans - it was everyone else! A lot of people had theories that Casey burned Caylee's body with the cans, which of course we can now almost entirely discount.
Oh my, it was talked and talked about by them. Of course we picked up on it...afterwards.

But those were perfectly good pants - they had a lot of life in them! (I'm being sarcastic here - thinking back to CA's interview where she was so dumbfounded that KC would abandon a car that was worth a few thousand $ and still "had a lot of life left in it".

That was the same interview where she implied that if KC were smart, she would have driven the car off a cliff or into a lake if there was something to hide....both of these statements just blew my mind!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back