Guatemala - Nancy Ng, 29, from Monterey Park CA, missing during Yoga Retreat, 19 Oct 2023

Bribe?
Despite the attorney’s account of what Blazek saw and did, the Ng family says they want to hear directly from the people who were with Nancy before she disappeared, so that they can work on piecing together her whereabouts.

“What we want is answers,” Nicky said. “We want to know what happened to Nancy that day and where to find her and we want that information to come from the only witness that was with Nancy at the time of her disappearance, and we want that through official channels.”

I have an enormous amount of sympathy for Nancy's family. But it doesn't seem like they will ever be satisfied by any explanation they are given. There'll always be some loose end to chase or some conspiracy theory explaining what "really" happened to Nancy.

Despite the attorney’s account of what Blazek saw and did, the Ng family says they want to hear directly from the people who were with Nancy before she disappeared, so that they can work on piecing together her whereabouts.

“What we want is answers,” Nicky said. “We want to know what happened to Nancy that day and where to find her and we want that information to come from the only witness that was with Nancy at the time of her disappearance, and we want that through official channels.”

I have an enormous amount of sympathy for Nancy's family. But it doesn't seem like they will ever be satisfied by any explanation they are given. There'll always be some loose end to chase or some conspiracy theory explaining what "really" happened to Nancy.
New to this case, but seems like the witness has given all possible information she could provide

FBI, local rescue teams there have searched about 95% of the lake by air and land along with divers and drones.
Man from Black Wolf Helicopters says he's searched most of the lake without any clues to Nancy's disappearance. At this point, he's starting to question if she even really went kayaking at the lake.”
The FBI is raising questions about why the witness and Nancy's tour group waited 24 hours to report the alleged drowning.
GMA reports that the kayak was recovered.
An investigation has revealed that a bribe may have occurred.

At this point I would be worried about human trafficiting. I wouldn't be satisfied either if I were Nancys family.

My question is who supposingly found the kayak and if one actually was found and not a coverup, then what proof do they have that it was the one used by Nancy?
A bribe would explain why 24 hrs. passed before the so called witness came forward with a story to protect the Resort from further investigation or a bad reputation.

FBI, local rescue teams there have searched about 95% of the lake by air and land along with divers and drones.
Man from Black Wolf Helicopters says he's searched most of the lake without any clues to Nancy's disappearance. At this point, he's starting to question if she even really went kayaking at the lake.”
The FBI is raising questions about why the witness and Nancy's tour group waited 24 hours to report the alleged drowning.

At this point I would be worried about human trafficiting. I wouldn't be satisfied either if I were Nancys family.

My question is who supposingly found the kayak and if one actually was found and not a coverup, then what proof do they have that it was the one used by Nancy?
A bribe would explain why 24 hrs. passed before the so called witness came forward with a story to protect the Resort from further investigation or a bad reputation.

There were photos and videos posted of Nancy heading out onto the lake in her kayak. There isn't any evidence to support human trafficking, or any other conspiracy.

Were the photos and videos taken the the same day she went missing?

See post #54 for the link. The article also mentions that her kayak was found.

Also post #123 "Local fire and rescue officials told ABC News that there were reports that Ng was last seen about half-a-mile away from the shore."

See also #149 "The woman reports that Ng went in to swim and then she drown. And then “At that point, officials say the other person who had been kayaking with Ng turned back to notify the larger group, and, later, the staff of the hotel where they were staying. The hotel manager reported her disappearance to local authorities on Oct. 20, after initial attempts by staff to find Ng were unsuccessful.""

Last edited:

Also post #123 "Local fire and rescue officials told ABC News that there were reports that Ng was last seen about half-a-mile away from the shore."
I saw that. It doesn't say what day that video was taken only that that was the last video taken before she went missing. Again, no details at all about the kayak other than being recovered. Was everybody assigned a certain kayak? How do they know it was hers?

See also #149 "The woman reports that Ng went in to swim and then she drown. And then “At that point, officials say the other person who had been kayaking with Ng turned back to notify the larger group, and, later, the staff of the hotel where they were staying. The hotel manager reported her disappearance to local authorities on Oct. 20, after initial attempts by staff to find Ng were unsuccessful.""
About post #123, reports by who? The girl that supposingly went kayaking with her? Last seen about a half mile away by who ? I think thats too far to recognize someone without binoculars.

Last edited:
About post #123, reports by who? The girl that supposingly went kayaking with her? Last seen about a half mile away by who ? I think thats too far to recognize someone without binoculars.

There were eyewitnesses to the events that occurred at the time of her disappearance. There is absolutely no evidence that she was trafficked.

What's your source that the FBI is raising questions? The article that @charminglane linked to says that the FBI "is not aware of any evidence of foul play."

As for the helicopter guy, his statement makes no sense to me. He's searching the surface of the lake. But surely, any body would be at the bottom by now. I know corpses often float as they decompose but after a few days they will get waterlogged and sink. Unless he's using submarines I don't see how any search would be effective.

In any case, there was an eyewitness to Nancy's drowning, a public defender from San Bernardino County. I guess the theory is that she's in on the human trafficking and the cover up? I do fear that this poor woman who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time will now be harassed and threatened by the various conspiracy theories that are popping up.

What's your source that the FBI is raising questions? The article that @charminglane linked to says that the FBI "is not aware of any evidence of foul play."

As for the helicopter guy, his statement makes no sense to me. He's searching the surface of the lake. But surely, any body would be at the bottom by now. I know corpses often float as they decompose but after a few days they will get waterlogged and sink. Unless he's using submarines I don't see how any search would be effective.

In any case, there was an eyewitness to Nancy's drowning, a public defender from San Bernardino County. I guess the theory is that she's in on the human trafficking and the cover up? I do fear that this poor woman who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time will now be harassed and threatened by the various conspiracy theories that are popping up.

Thank you. Good summary. Aligns with everything in MSM that I've seen. Also aligns with other sources and common sense.

IMO.

But the Ng family said they can’t find any record of Blazek ever talking to police before leaving Guatemala.

After hiring a Guatemalan attorney, they now suspect they know why.

“The investigation revealed that a bribe had occurred, that allowed Christina’s statement to be omitted and to prevent her from being detained,” Nicky said.

Blazek’s attorney told NewsNation the idea that his client would bribe anyone is “nonsense” and said she left the country on a regularly scheduled flight, leaving the retreat early in the morning because of road closures due to civil unrest in Guatemala.

Without help from Blazek, the family is planning to return to the volcanic lake again and use an underwater vehicle to painstakingly search a grid in the water.

An American nonprofit group will also bring a cadaver dog that has been successful in detecting underwater human remains from a boat.

“There’s a lot of risk for us flying there,” Sharpe said. “The divers are diving probably deeper than they should. But (Blazek’s) not helping.”

But the Ng family said they can’t find any record of Blazek ever talking to police before leaving Guatemala.

After hiring a Guatemalan attorney, they now suspect they know why.

“The investigation revealed that a bribe had occurred, that allowed Christina’s statement to be omitted and to prevent her from being detained,” Nicky said.

Blazek’s attorney told NewsNation the idea that his client would bribe anyone is “nonsense” and said she left the country on a regularly scheduled flight, leaving the retreat early in the morning because of road closures due to civil unrest in Guatemala.

Without help from Blazek, the family is planning to return to the volcanic lake again and use an underwater vehicle to painstakingly search a grid in the water.

An American nonprofit group will also bring a cadaver dog that has been successful in detecting underwater human remains from a boat.

“There’s a lot of risk for us flying there,” Sharpe said. “The divers are diving probably deeper than they should. But (Blazek’s) not helping.”
Imo Christine knew Nancy drowned. It's common knowledge that no one can stay alive underwater for very long without resurfacing.

How much help could Christine provide, other than location, if she stayed in Guatemala to wait for a potential recovery?

Nancy's family is undoubtedly experiencing unprecedented suffering from this loss, but imo their actions are very misdirected. You shouldn't have to get a lawyer and defend yourself on national news for trying to save the life of someone you attended a yoga retreat with

Last edited:

For those of you with instagram this is the family account “helpusfindnancy”. They share very detailed updates.
If any of the information they are sharing from their investigators is credible - which questions information and in some cases is contradictory to info in the orig MSM articles- I would be of the unpopular opinion that there is definitely more investigation that needs to occur.
If this were my sister I might also unravel every thread to put my mind at ease.
I personally don’t judge this family as they are doing what they need to do. The easier route - esp since the event occurred in Guatemala - would be to just move on.
I pray they find peace. JMO

For those of you with instagram this is the family account “helpusfindnancy”. They share very detailed updates.
If any of the information they are sharing from their investigators is credible - which questions information and in some cases is contradictory to info in the orig MSM articles- I would be of the unpopular opinion that there is definitely more investigation that needs to occur.
If this were my sister I might also unravel every thread to put my mind at ease.
I personally don’t judge this family as they are doing what they need to do. The easier route - esp since the event occurred in Guatemala - would be to just move on.
I pray they find peace. JMO

I just wish they didn't "need" to publicly criticize the one person who tried to help NN out of her situation. I do understand that families want answers - I would be the same way. But if they wanted the eyewitness to talk to them, they have handled that aspect poorly from the beginning, IMO. That person is a victim as well, IMO.

I just wish they didn't "need" to publicly criticize the one person who tried to help NN out of her situation. I do understand that families want answers - I would be the same way. But if they wanted the eyewitness to talk to them, they have handled that aspect poorly from the beginning, IMO. That person is a victim as well, IMO.
Iirc the family reached out immediately and cordially to what we are told was the only witness but got no response so I understand their frustration but yes agree I might have handled it differently.
I know I am in the minority but if I were the witness I also might have handled things differently.
Imo - communication from the start has been a huge issue in this case
All just my opinion.

Iirc the family reached out immediately and cordially to what we are told was the only witness but got no response so I understand their frustration but yes agree I might have handled it differently.
I know I am in the minority but if I were the witness I also might have handled things differently.
Imo - communication from the start has been a huge issue in this case
All just my opinion.
IIRC, they reached out through the news media - immediately going public with what they wanted to say. The witness had barely had time to get home again.

I would have been more than happy to talk to the family - although once they said a single thing about in the media, I would have stopped. Being a witness to a terrible accident is traumatic.

The details that the witness did give were detailed, IMO and I'm not sure what else she could have said that would be helpful.

I have all the sympathy for Nancy Ng's family, but pronouncement like this are not helpful, IMO:

1. Mr. Gardner claims that Christina gave a full statement to the Guatemalan police. However, there is no evidence that statement exists. Neither the police station nor the prosecutor’s office have any record of Christina’s statement
- According to the hotel owners, they accompanied Christina to the police station (along with one other retreat participant). However, multiple retreat participants have stated that Christina’s statement was purposely omitted

The way this is worded makes CB's actions seem nefarious, but then they also note that she immediately went to the police station. She clearly must have spoken with someone while she was there. If the Guatemalan police didn't properly take down her statement, that's not her fault. So, why are they suggesting that she's somehow hiding information because her statement can't be located?

Also, CB wasn't a suspect. There was no reason to detain her so she should have been free to go, bribe or not. I'd like to know what exactly is the family's basis for claiming this "alleged" bribe? Did someone see cash change hands? Is there video evidence? Did the police admit to it? Or did someone just say, "she probably bribed the cops" and that's what they're going with.

Edit - I should add that it's quite possible that the family is being taken advantage of. They've raised quite a bit of money, and as long as someone is able to whisper in their ear about irregularities in the search for Nancy, that money will keep flowing to fund the investigation.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back