GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully "copy and paste" works here. Just wanted to show a visual of where these places are, in relation to each other, for those of you not from the area. The car icon is Peachtree Landing, where Heather's car was found. The martini glass icon is Longbeard's. The plus-sign icon is where the remains were just found, near the corner of Old Sanders Dr and Greenvillage Rd. HTH.

View attachment 201553

Thanks for the map, Surfside!!

I remember we talked about a cell phone ping near Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge, but the body is not close to that. Anyone else? I've forgotten so much in this case.

With the coming trial (that we have waited for), we will all be reminded of previous evidence.
Now, if the new body finding is HE, further implications to those possibly involved will occur.
We now wait, as has happened, throughout the years.
MOO.

Last edited:
The background of the map below shows all the cell tower locations for the Myrtle Beach area. (See link below it).

I tried to capture about the same area as Surfside did in her comment just above then added the same locations, plus the times and locations of Heather's cell phone pings.

So, all locations are approximate and it's more confusing than I wanted it to be.

The locations with the small arrows are included to show Heather driving to and from various locations.

I wish so much that she would have gone into her residence at 3:19 am and phoned 911 if anyone showed up at her door--but I would probably have done the same thing in her situation.

Bless this child; I pray that she has been found.

nN1XGamMr1n_loILTNVWBFTCJkEpkf6InbOuIhLvCOkM_Wl9dtFskqp73acYhm6WUkltpntzZKGWsRmqti6aPRwl8riirmuRAuDRQHh1pgLw394ckVSWLa03aJbodDNfIutpKGspVRPplaKhmlJz1-nwevZK0HWZnRrITSQCDIEgwOvZwQB3mu00XRMvsMsarwWG979PThws2LtlkdQlgJ1nupPobgxJbVPjSQIqz5mBYX9DMjew8ify20Tm0cgdVBK5-ykGSaDFLerX9qbuX5XO0wotbMth8paV0so3V0pHsTQJwBo_8Z4MPyImHqltG_NxGFprNLxiazn3AzdUgL3R2AA0fR-J7heSnd3zk6Wcu7X5e-5cxFxhe7C68S1q_OUS-TBm_F36pphGHRBYeGvRs4ZJjex_35d1D25bG1GMkIRNxs59AN5OinnkHHxi5YpdTAPs9ATkEDjr7QLwXznzMRvOSY0Xn9Pw0e6gqD2pVKW9Rov5SgfkqkJWbcTkcewpL0Dz5xHiF4XiMTpoB3Xud_bCNdPH1hchxMKrfC4bgwCHgR8Fr2s4PqeQPdPeqwl4l9TNK4fwQUHKS5JBikVcNwwGJEVndW49yIbwhan0rv8B2Ix7VgG7tw5sj1O2xTcCUx6nnekehVUMJyWb1h28mo4KdHHBef_-JiOCLH0uvbrGghEfSQ=w688-h430-no
Who's the Best Carrier In Myrtle Beach,? 258 People Agree It's This.

Here are links to support my times:

Snipped Quote:
At 3:37 a.m. the phone was tracked in the Peachtree Landing area.

There was an additional tracking point of the cellphone about 15 minutes later, at the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. But, Edens said he believes that was a mistaken location taken by tower data and not by GPS like the other readings.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article219852830.html

Snipped Quote:
“At one point, Elvis' phone was located at her residence on White River Drive.

Then, around 2:42 a.m., Elvis' phone was located at Longbeard's restaurant in the Carolina Forest area, Edens testified. It remained there until 2:56 a.m., and a minute later, it was heading to Augusta Plantation Drive and back to the restaurant, returning at 3:01 a.m.

From 3:02 to 3:15 a.m., Edens testified, Elvis' phone remained at Longbeard's. Then, starting at 3:16 a.m., the phone was heading back to Elvis' location, arriving there three minutes later.

The phone was at Elvis' residence for five more minutes before moving from White River Drive to Peachtree Boat Landing starting at 3:25 a.m., according to Edens' testimony.

At 3:37 a.m., Elvis' phone was said to be at Peachtree Boat Landing, Edens testified. The PowerPoint presentation shown to the jury also indicated that four calls were placed from her phone to Moorer's.

The last slide shown to the jury indicated that the last location of Elvis' phone was Peachtree Boat Landing at 3:42 a.m., on Dec. 18, 2013.”

Day three of Sidney Moorer trial ends with testimony about texts between defendant’s, Elvis' phones

FYI
You can click on the image to enlarge it and then click on it again to close the enlargement. Even enlarged it is not as big as the original but the typing becomes somewhat legible.

Last edited:
The background of the map below shows all the cell tower locations for the Myrtle Beach area. (See link below it).

I tried to capture about the same area as Surfside did in her comment just above then added the same locations, plus the times and locations of Heather's cell phone pings.

So, all locations are approximate and it's more confusing than I wanted it to be.

The locations with the small arrows are included to show Heather driving to and from various locations.

I wish so much that she would have gone into her residence at 3:19 am and phoned 911 if anyone showed up at her door--but I would probably have done the same thing in her situation.

Bless this child; I pray that she has been found.

nN1XGamMr1n_loILTNVWBFTCJkEpkf6InbOuIhLvCOkM_Wl9dtFskqp73acYhm6WUkltpntzZKGWsRmqti6aPRwl8riirmuRAuDRQHh1pgLw394ckVSWLa03aJbodDNfIutpKGspVRPplaKhmlJz1-nwevZK0HWZnRrITSQCDIEgwOvZwQB3mu00XRMvsMsarwWG979PThws2LtlkdQlgJ1nupPobgxJbVPjSQIqz5mBYX9DMjew8ify20Tm0cgdVBK5-ykGSaDFLerX9qbuX5XO0wotbMth8paV0so3V0pHsTQJwBo_8Z4MPyImHqltG_NxGFprNLxiazn3AzdUgL3R2AA0fR-J7heSnd3zk6Wcu7X5e-5cxFxhe7C68S1q_OUS-TBm_F36pphGHRBYeGvRs4ZJjex_35d1D25bG1GMkIRNxs59AN5OinnkHHxi5YpdTAPs9ATkEDjr7QLwXznzMRvOSY0Xn9Pw0e6gqD2pVKW9Rov5SgfkqkJWbcTkcewpL0Dz5xHiF4XiMTpoB3Xud_bCNdPH1hchxMKrfC4bgwCHgR8Fr2s4PqeQPdPeqwl4l9TNK4fwQUHKS5JBikVcNwwGJEVndW49yIbwhan0rv8B2Ix7VgG7tw5sj1O2xTcCUx6nnekehVUMJyWb1h28mo4KdHHBef_-JiOCLH0uvbrGghEfSQ=w688-h430-no
Who's the Best Carrier In Myrtle Beach,? 258 People Agree It's This.

Here are links to support my times:

Snipped Quote:
At 3:37 a.m. the phone was tracked in the Peachtree Landing area.

There was an additional tracking point of the cellphone about 15 minutes later, at the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. But, Edens said he believes that was a mistaken location taken by tower data and not by GPS like the other readings.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article219852830.html

Snipped Quote:
“At one point, Elvis' phone was located at her residence on White River Drive.

Then, around 2:42 a.m., Elvis' phone was located at Longbeard's restaurant in the Carolina Forest area, Edens testified. It remained there until 2:56 a.m., and a minute later, it was heading to Augusta Plantation Drive and back to the restaurant, returning at 3:01 a.m.

From 3:02 to 3:15 a.m., Edens testified, Elvis' phone remained at Longbeard's. Then, starting at 3:16 a.m., the phone was heading back to Elvis' location, arriving there three minutes later.

The phone was at Elvis' residence for five more minutes before moving from White River Drive to Peachtree Boat Landing starting at 3:25 a.m., according to Edens' testimony.

At 3:37 a.m., Elvis' phone was said to be at Peachtree Boat Landing, Edens testified. The PowerPoint presentation shown to the jury also indicated that four calls were placed from her phone to Moorer's.

The last slide shown to the jury indicated that the last location of Elvis' phone was Peachtree Boat Landing at 3:42 a.m., on Dec. 18, 2013.”

Day three of Sidney Moorer trial ends with testimony about texts between defendant’s, Elvis' phones

FYI
You can click on the image to enlarge it and then click on it again to close the enlargement. Even enlarged it is not as big as the original but the typing becomes somewhat legible.
Truth, thank you so much for this!!!

Eric Poston, Sidney's attorney, said recently:

"If we are to expect to enjoy our right to a fair and impartial jury, uncontaminated by potentially undue outside influences, such as a pending lawsuit against the very agencies and individuals who are prosecuting Mr. Moorer, we must respectfully provide the Horry County Police Department and Solicitor’s Office with that same right," he said. "The outcome of Mr. Moorer’s trial should depend on the relevant and admissible evidence of the criminal case; not the civil allegations contained in the Complaint. In this way, the Moorers will be justly exonerated."

However, Poston also said that he has been getting threats and hearing concerns that he's been coerced into not filing the lawsuit.

"If anything, these terroristic threats and attempts at manipulation only serve as additional motivation and sources of comedic relief. This lawsuit will be filed as long as I’m still alive after the trial to file it," he said.

Poston said the Moorer case is the "case of a career."

"If I can help free two innocent people from prison and provide them the financial ability to feed their children despite almost certain unemployability for the remainder of their lives, my career as a lawyer and my life, in general, will have been fulfilled," he said.

He added that it is not about making money on a case.

Moorers' attorney: Lawsuit will be filed as long as I'm still alive

He is referring at time to this potential civil suit: Tammy & Sidney Moorer plan to file Civil Suit in federal court, Heather Elvis case, Feb 2019

The remains were found not far (1.9 miles, 5 minutes) from where Amber Berbiglia was murdered, found in 2013. She also worked at the Tilted Kilt, where Heather worked only in 2013. Amber's murder is still unsolved.

Amber's location was Robert Edge Parkway & Old Sanders Dr.
Newly found remains found Old Sanders Dr. & Green Village Rd.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...glia-23-north-myrtle-beach-3-may-2013.208106/

Is the trial still taking place starting Monday? SM has not been booked into J. Reuben Long yet.
Yes, the trial will start tomorrow as scheduled. I don't know what time, but I did read that jury selection is expected to take a little longer, because they intend to be more scrupulous than last time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle